• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

IBM 5151 MDA monitor fixing

I used JB Weld (epoxy) and auto body filler to repair my Mitsubishi VGA monitor bezel, which was quite badly damaged. I removed the CRT from the bezel and used JB Weld to reinforce cracked areas, and auto body filler to fill in missing plastic. Some sanding of the body filler was...
  2. M

Switch settings for a Heath EGA/VGA card

Thanks for the info ! I have a Heath 150-307-2 card which I've never tested. According to that document its currently set for CGA.
  3. M

Info about early OS/2 1.x versions, Word/Excel for OS/2

I have a copy of OS/2 1.0 Just took a couple of quick pictures to upload. I've had this copy since about 1988, and installed this on a 5170 AT around that same time !
  4. M

IBM 5170 Quadtel Bios Issues

Both of my XT-IDE are the VCF XT-IDE Rev 1 I see the table has a ? for 06/10/85 , but I didn't try this option.
  5. M

IBM 5170 Quadtel Bios Issues

I have a 5170 AT with the Type 1 motherboard running the Award bios. Installed an XT-IDE with CF and it works perfectly with this bios. Do you have a specific reason to use the Quadtel bios ?
  6. M

NEC Multisync II - Blank white screen?

Have you tried cleaning all the slider switches on the monitor with Deoxit ? The contacts on these type of switches get dirty over time and can cause problems. I had a similar issue with my Mitsubishi AUM-1381 monitor , the switches weren't changing the image as they should. Cleaning with...
  7. M

Could use some help restoring my Mitsubishi Diamond Scan AUM-1381A

That does seem to indicate the red convergence is off in some areas. I would try the white uppercase H characters on a black background which should give a better overall indicator of convergence issues. Poor convergence also tends to make things look out of focus.
  8. M

The best way to view convergence issues is to fill the screen with white uppercase H characters on a black background. Convergence adjustments are a compromise between the center and corners of the screen. The center convergence is usually perfect and worsens closer to the corners. Looking...
  9. M

The center usually has the best focus......I don't have any other pictures showing that. Are you running in TTL or Analog ?
  10. M

The focus control behaviour you are describing sounds correct. It's usually a compromise between the screen center and the four corners. This picture shows text in the corner running in VGA/Analog mode. Mine is cosmetically challenged , I think it may have been dropped by a previous owner :)
  11. M

Turning up the screen should increase the brightness, and also the background raster. When adjusting this its best to allow the monitor to warm up for 20 minutes or so. Turn the front brightness and contrast controls to max, then turn the screen adjustment until the background raster is just...
  12. M

Have you tried adjusting the internal controls for the following ? 1) G1/Screen 2) Sub brightness 3) Focus control on the flyback
  13. M

IBM 4863 /PCjr monitor/ power supply/schematic

Attached is a more readable schematic. The original is way too large for my scanner so I took a few photos with my phone.
  14. M

16 bit memory cards id

No, I could not get the Quadram card to backfill. I've been using the Intel Above board (1.5MB) in my 5170 AT as it does backfill to 640K and provides 1MB extended memory.
  15. M

Quite possibly one of the most EPIC IBM computer finds ever...Industrial IBM 7575 Manufacturing System

The Technical Reference for the 7532: https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_ibmpcindus1IBM75317532IndustrialComputerTechnicalR_15586974/page/n23/mode/2up?view=theater
  16. M

The South EGA monitor -Tatung CM1380-F $50 Local Pickup NC

The Tatung monitor has already found a new home ......
  17. M

Setup for MFM Hard drive used with 286 AT Type Machine

Did you check the bus speed ? This is usually configurable in the clone BIOS setup....CLK/2 CLK/3 etc Mine being the older/original motherboard is running at 6 Mhz.
  18. M

Mine is a genuine IBM 5170 AT motherboard, the original larger version, with the original IBM BIOS.
  19. M

I recently (2 weeks ago) low level formatted a Seagate ST-225 in my PC-AT 5170 (IBM BIOS) with WD1006V-MM2 controller using SpeedStor 6.5 downloaded from here : http://minuszerodegrees.net/software/speedstor.htm This worked perfectly, I think SpeedStor had a menu to select the drive model...
  20. M

identify 16 bit memory card

Thanks for that link, some great info there. I even found one of my other unknown memory cards listed there .....which will help me to identify it.
Back