• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

A real TRS salesman still around!

I was in the RadioShack looking for some cords for my newly build workstation (a whole 'nother story), when a man, somewhere in his 60's came up to me and asked me if I needed help. Keep in mind I'm a 17 year old. I told him that I was building some desks were I can set up my vintage computer...
  2. C

*UPDATE* Dead Atari 400; Working Atari XE

*Update: Remember my dead Atari 400? Well, turns out I never needed it. I soon discovered that the carts I recieved with the Atari 400 work in the Atari XE. I boxed all the Atari stuff, due to space reasons and getting fed up with the Atari hardware. :x Now I have have the XE up and running...
  3. C

Vintage Computer Convention???

Well, I remember hearing a lot of buzz about it back in winter, but what's doing? I don't see much about it now. I can't remember/find the link that gives you info on it. I live on the east coast, and remember hearing there was going to be a "Vintage Computer Convention East". If any of you...
  4. C

*dead* Atari 400

You know I just get around to playing with my computers this weekend, and discover that my new Atari 400 is dead. Its recieving power, the tv chanels off, but the tv just stays black. I'm guessing its just a loose chip somewhere. Does anyone have the specs. for the 400 so I can open it up and...
  5. C

Atari XE

I got this for my birthday in October from a friend who knew I was into vintage computing. Now, don't mind me asking, but before I do something stupid, can I play 2600 carts on this thing? I mean, as of now my 2600 is hooked up to an old b/w tv on a little cart huddled in a corner. Not very...
  6. C

An interesting discovery...

I said it in the Tandy forum, I'll say it here: I've been rumaging around through the unexplored territory of vintage computing. What did I find? The "Panasonic Senior (Sr.) Partner"! Erik has this on the main site, but I never looked at it until I found one on eBay that had everything you...
  7. C

Hello (..hello..hello..hello..)

Hm, doesn't seem like theres to many Trash-80 users out there, judging by the number of Tandy posts! Well, if anyone is remotely interested, I just bought a Model III with a bunch of software and a printer to boot. I'm thinking about skimming the surface of Tandy a little bit, seeing as how its...
  8. C

I wish...

Most of us here have a collection of vintage computers. And of course, most of us want more, or computers impossible to find or afford. (Apple I, perhaps?) So, just as a funny thought, what do you all wish you had in your collection? Actually, I got this idea from a piece of notebook paper I...
  9. C

"Tandy" TRS-80 Model 4 Wanted

Ok, little to specific. I'm really willing to get any (home use) TRS-80 Model (X). Any would do... I'm just interested in this one Radio Shack computer... don't ask me why. Maybe its the case design that intrigues me. :lol: If I ever get one, find one, ect. I'll update this post. If you...
  10. C

related/unrelated

kind of related/unrelated you can use a modern tv for computers. theres a cable adapter that actually plugs into the little metal cable screw on modern tvs, and turns it into the VHF set up. (I have a small box of them) then, get a generic Game/TV switch box and screw it in. then get a...
  11. C

TEXT ADVENTURES

I was watching Big (w/Tom Hanks) this weekend, and it reminded me I always wanted that "text adventure" game. Does anyone know where you can get a copy from? I mean, wouldn't it be great to play that game... I'm def. going to try to program it myself in BASIC. Anyone want to clue me in if I'm...
  12. C

My Thoughts on Amiga

Heres what I think is true, First of all, Commodore went bankrupt in the early 90's due to many many mistakes made, and bad marketing skills. I've heard the CDTV is what did them in, due to the fact they may have been expensive to make, and it flopped. Some say with there "half the price"...
  13. C

Commodore/Amiga/Apple Ads wanted!

I was promised some Commodore posters, with a few Amiga and Apple ads mixed in from a guy that owned a computer store. Unfortunatly, once he got a hold of them he couldn't stand to let them go. I understood, but here I am with a new blank spot on my workshop wall. Can anyone help out? I'm...
  14. C

SX-64 anyone?

Actually, I found one the other day on eBay, but hey, they are always there right? The person lives just a county away! Shipping would be like 10 bucks, and I'm thinking about grabing it. 23 pounds, and something like a 6 inch screen. Ha ha, the first color portable computer.
  15. C

Ultima/Gauntlet Disks/datasettes wanted

I've been looking high and low for these games at a reasonable price. I recently got Ultima II in a lot buy off of eBay, and I've been itching for more. If anyone can help out, it would be a big help! :::The Recycler:::
  16. C

Just started a collection...

:lol: You know I use to think the fact that I was interested in vintage computers was 'odd'. I guess many share the same hobby. I'm glad! Anywho, heres my collection (as of today) -Commodore 64 with 1541 floppy drive, C2N datassette drive, many programs -Commodore 128, use perif.s that 64...
Back