• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. ajacocks

What happened to old-computers.com?

Thanks again for all this work. - Alex
  2. ajacocks

Midwest IBM Model 5155 "suitcase" Portable XT

I still like the lunchbox form factor. Portable enough, but with a good keyboard and room for expansion. The military still uses a lot of modern lunchbox systems. - Alex
  3. ajacocks

Pocket 386

For those looking for a different form factor, have you considered taking the PCBs out of a Hand386 or Pocket386 and re-homing them? It’d be a seriously easy job, to knock up a new chassis, if you want an SFF PC, and the original ports are already available, including ISA, serial, parallel, PS/2...
  4. ajacocks

Reorganization of 'Genres' Category

Agreed and done. The last G5 will be 20 years old next year, so I think that’s quite fitting, as well. I always leave it up to folks as to what “vintage” is, as opinions are so varied. My thought is that “vintage” is whatever people are nostalgic about, with no particular date cut-off. If folks...
  5. ajacocks

Midwest IBM Model 5155 "suitcase" Portable XT

I fixed the title of the thread. Good luck, I love the 5155. And, people definitely called it a “suitcase” or luggable, back when it was new. Remember that stereotypical 1970s hard-sided luggage? The 5155 is very close to that size, albeit a bit heavier. - Alex
  6. ajacocks

If anyone wants other sub-categories, feel free to suggest them. - Alex
  7. ajacocks

Sorry, I can't do anything about the CSS. @VeryVon , any thoughts? I did another re-org, which separates 'Genres' and 'Companies'. I also created some subforums. Please let me know if others would be useful. FYI, organization, or the lack thereof, is not an indication of preference, as anyone...
  8. ajacocks

What happened to old-computers.com?

Thanks for your efforts @LyceusAnubite ! - Alex
  9. ajacocks

We organize based on how much the forums are used, here, not based on sales numbers. If folks have suggestions, please feel free to post them. - Alex
  10. ajacocks

AT&T 6300 - 25-pin Monitor Model?

Welcome to the forum @bluemantwo . - Alex
  11. ajacocks

Anyone have a Zenith Data Systems Superport 286?

@modem7 , an ad for the SupersPORT 286 is here: http://www.1000bit.it/ad/bro/zenith/ZenithSuperPort286-40.pdf Might be worth adding to your collection. - Alex
  12. ajacocks

Anyone have a Zenith Data Systems Superport 286?

I just picked up a SupersPORT 286, as well, and will be taking a look at it soon. - Alex
  13. ajacocks

Retro console gaming?

@Zare you might want to take a look at this, if you haven't already: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ - Alex
  14. ajacocks

All, I have done a bit of reorganization in the 'Genres' category, and added an 'IBM, not-PC' forum. Please let me know your thoughts. - Alex
  15. ajacocks

Please Help Us to Restore VCF’s IBM 1130

The repair of VCF's IBM 1130 has (finally!) started. If you're interested in what's going on, you can follow the progress on Carl Claunch's blog, here: https://rescue1130.blogspot.com/ Thanks to everyone for their help in getting the work done! - Alex
  16. ajacocks

Would the creation of another category be feasible?

Sure, that seems reasonable. - Alex
  17. ajacocks

Trans Digital Parallel Interface PCMCIA Card - Driver software anymone?

Welcome to the forum @Benny33 . This thread is 7 years old, so you are unlikely to get a response. Thanks! - Alex
  18. ajacocks

TRS-80 Model 4 C Programming System _ RS Catalog# 26‑2230

Welcome to the forum @TrippyVaultBoy . I, too, have a Model 4 (4p), and am interested. - Alex
  19. ajacocks

Thoughts on VCF East so far

For folks commenting on cost, I’m not going to do into detail, but a couple of notes: 1) VCF does not pay anyone to attend, including speakers 2) VCF has to pay for the use of the facility 3) There are a large number of event costs, including such basics as chair and table rental, that have to...
  20. ajacocks

Jason Scott's VCF Donation

OK, folks. There are clearly strong emotions here, but I think this thread has run its course. Nobody is convincing anyone else here of their opinion, at this point, so I’m going to lock the thread. - Alex
Back