• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Q

Westinghouse Flight Computer

Picked up a couple Westinghouse prototype computers that were part of the first-generation systems used on the F-16, No microprocessor chip, all discreet components. They have around eight cards in them. Two memory cards that are 4K by 8, a termination card, what appears to be a serial card, a...
  2. Q

TRS-80 model 2

Picked up a TRS-80 II system with eight-inch drive, printer and lots of documentation and software. Going to assume that this was a larger version of the TRS-80 system that was maybe intended for business? Or something back in the days before DOS ruled the world? Going to list it for sale down...
  3. Q

Mid Atlantic Radio Shack TRS-80 II System, printer and software

Ok, this is a weird one but just picked up a bunch of Radio Shack TRS-80 model two stuff, it’s the computer with the eight-inch floppy drive, keyboard, dot matrix printer, dust covers and two big boxes of manuals and program binders. No idea of working condition but did see that all the service...
  4. Q

Looking to sell collection

Listed my Rolm collection for sale down in the Sale/Wanted section, the Rolm is the military version of the Data General NOVA. Figure I can use both the space and the money!
  5. Q

Mid Atlantic Rolm - Data General NOVA collection for sale

Thinking of selling my Rolm 1602 collection, the Rolm 1602 is a military version of the Data General NOVA and uses all the same software and has all the same instruction set as the NOVA. The difference is that the Rolm is about a thousand times more rugged then the NOVA. I have two of them, both...
  6. Q

NOVA Basic

At least once a year I have to post my annual appeal for a paper tape copy of NOVA Basic. It’s one of those background projects that I have been playing around with for years now. Think I have a copy of the file but its in a document and not certain on how to push a binary file from a PC via...
  7. Q

Printing paper tape

Ok, so this is the problem. I now have a copy of Basic for the Nova, the new issue is that I have it in the form of a 47K .9TRK file, I can open the file and read it in Hex Edit, can read it in Octal and that would be a direct entry method if I wanted to do a couple thousand key strokes. The...
  8. Q

Rolm - Nova Mother load

I was contacted by a person who bought out the majority of equipment from the old Rolm cooperation. He was doing service on the systems back when they were still being used by the government. He is looking at relocating from the Cecil Maryland area and wants to sell of the remainder of his...
  9. Q

Dayton Hamvention

The annual Dayton Hamvention will be this weekend, May 20th, 21st and 22nd although not many show up on Sunday. Best days to attend are Friday and Saturday. Although it’s a Ham Radio related event many retro computer collectors and some hardware shows up there. In the past I have bought PDP-8...
  10. Q

DEC Collection for sale

Have been talking about maybe selling off my DEC collection for a while now and did a listing over on eBay, have way too many projects and can use the floor space. Last couple years have been working mostly with Data General compatible ROLM military systems and not that much with the DEC...
  11. Q

HP Logic Analyzer PODs

Just stumbled across a bunch of probes for HP Logic Analyzers, one 10231B six bit for channels 6 to 11 that you can buy for $10 and two complete sets of cables for the old 1630/31 series analyzers. Three 10271A State Probes (2,3 and4) and two 10272A State and Time Probes (0 and1) One set also...
  12. Q

I am doing some work on a weird military display that uses a small daughter board that’s centered around a 8086 processor chip. The board just has the 8086, clock, couple ROM and some interface on it. I find it real helpful to have just a simple example of how the 8086 would be used in a stand...
  13. Q

Amrel RT586

Was looking at an Amrel RT586 Military Laptop, I need something that I can take and use in my M-151 military mutt with the radios for running teletype. Have been using a Dell running XP but want something that looks appropriate in the military radio setting. Need to be able to run XP and have a...
  14. Q

Ham Radio Teletype

A project that I spent several months on from concept, design to completion. The goal was to find a way to use an obsolete messaging terminal from a Tactical Satellite communications system for Ham radio teletype. Had to resolve issues with different character sets, different word lengths and...
  15. Q

PDP 11/23 and 34 with collection

Figure every six months or once a year I will beat the drum about selling off the DEC collection. Not that I am thru with vintage computers but not getting any younger and would consider selling off all the DEC stuff in one huge sweep. It’s a lot of money but you receive a lot of value. What you...
  16. Q

NOVA Rolm 1602 video

In a shameless effort to promote my latest video thought I would put a link up for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMH4bGbC77w Its of my Rolm 1602 that’s a military version of the Data General NOVA. First part is showing loading paper tape along with bootstrap and the second half is...
  17. Q

NOVA Assembler

Have never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed and in the last couple years been trying to teach myself assembler for the Data General NOVA/Rolm military platform. Been lots of fun, something like being in a dark room with no idea of where anything is or how to turn on the...
  18. Q

NOVA assembler question

Have never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed and in the last couple years been trying to teach myself assembler for the Data General NOVA/Rolm military platform. I have now a couple working systems and a small understanding of the layout of the system and have some experience...
  19. Q

EBay $$$

Would put this under rants if it were open but it’s also humorous. I have a old MSEA Military 386 system that I have in a rack and use for running DOS applications, some of the radio programing software I use requires an old system and wont run on new hardware. It uses a unique Power Solutions...
  20. Q

DOS Shell on MMX system

Ok, it may not make sense to anyone but I have an old GETAC heavy duty laptop that has a 200 MHz MMX processor. Its just about useless for running windows unless I want to run an old version like 95 or 98, don’t think its got guts enough for XP so I have decided that I would wipe the system...
Back