• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

The South Apple IIe 3.5" disk controller - "LIRON" : $195 + shipping

I'm sorry - I didn't realize I also listed this on eBay at $129... For VCF people, the correct price is $110 ! It's Christmas in July!!
  2. M

The South Apple IIe enhanced mega bundle - $900

I’m afraid the time has come to part with my beloved Apple IIe! This is a great bundle with everything you need to have a nice Apple IIe in your collection. This is an enhanced (65C02) IIe with 128K, loaded with the following cards: 80 column / 64K card (607-0103) Apple II parallel interface...
  3. M

Buyer decided this wasn't what he needed, so they're still available
  4. M

2006 Mac Pro

Thank you! She is/was a beauty. I loved the slide in/out drive trays, which made RAID and other disk configurations easy. It has the 2 * 3.0 GHz Xeon Woordcrest CPU configuration. I was tempted to pick up the quad core Clovertown Xeons and "double" the CPU. You can also swap out the...
  5. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

oh my - you ain't kidding!! Also, to get the drives working properly, I needed to set the physical unit number in sysgen like this: 0 - Seagate disk drive (controller A) 1 - SCSI2SD adapter (A) 4 - ST251-1 (B) 5 - RX50-A (B) 6 - RX50-B (B) The trick there was that the RQDX3 controller was set...
  6. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

You guys are GREAT! Finally, SUCCESS! I think the problem was exactly that - I didn't boot the unsaved system and SAV /WB after the sysgen. So, to recap, I have two MSCP controllers, a SCSI controller (CQD-440/TM) and an MFM controller (RQDX3), and thought this was causing a problem during...
  7. M

2006 Mac Pro

Looks like there's also a Seagate 250 GB hard disk in there that is reporting a "failing" SMART status! The SSD drives are 3.5" format. I also have the MacPro brackets for standard 5.25" size drives. $69 plus shipping (which I estimate at $90 domestic US, since I'll double box and this...
  8. M

I found an Apple UniDisk 3.5" disk drive (A2M2053) ! I'm unable to get this drive to work. I'm not sure why. Disks can eject properly. I'm not exactly sure where the problem is. It's not the controller board - the drive didn't work with the LIRON controller, nor my SuperDrive...
  9. M

I moved to the Apple SuperDrive controller and have this 3.5" floppy controller for sale. Board only.
  10. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

That's correct - let me explain. I was able to boot from the SCSI2SD device using a different distribution. The one that was able to boot was also retrieved from ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/rsxdists/rsx11mplus_4_6_bl87.dsk It unzips to a 159MB file (RD54?). It was referenced on Joerg...
  11. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

Thank you for looking into this, Dave! On your advice, I've confirmed that DU is the device abbreviation for the RA, but also the RC, RX, and RD disk drives. DUSYS would make sense as the appropriate driver. However, a slight difference. simh is accessing the "disk" through an emulated...
  12. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

Ok - I tried to get a different distribution of RSX-11M+ 4.6 from trailing edge, and, following the instructions here https://ancientbits.blogspot.com/2012/07/installing-rsx-11m-46-from-scratch-part.html I created an MSCP disk. When it came to the copy from tape to disk, I substituted...
  13. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

I'm using the 4.6 from bitsavers. I suspect it's not a virgin system. When I boot DU1, then set my target to DU0, I quickly get an error: >* SU120 Do you want to do a complete SYSGEN? [Y/N D:Y]: >; >INS [3,54]MAC/TASK=MACT0 INS -- Device not mounted >INS [3,54]PIP/TASK=PIPT0 INS --...
  14. M

Apple II SCSI v. High-Speed SCSI

I was curious, how much faster is the High-Speed SCSI card in an Apple IIe? The Apple IIe itself must be the bottleneck, so I can't imagine that a high speed card is that much better? Does it have a large buffer?
  15. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

Thank you - that definitely seems like the next step. But, beyond my capability. I think the problem was that I didn't do a BOOT [1,54]RSX11M, and SAV /WB after sysgen. But, it goes out to lunch when I do a SAV (as recommended in the DEC SYSGEN manual): >; End of SYSGEN >; >TIME 14:40:13...
  16. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

Ok - I've tried a few variations, and, I'm not able to get sysgen to work properly. I ended up swapping the CSR of my controllers with switches/jumpers. I put the SCSI controller at 172150, 154 and the RQDX3 at 1760334, 300. I set almost everything in the sysgen to the default choice. The...
  17. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

I am testing SYSGEN in simh. I have a couple questions: 1. I chose XX as my crash dump device, so that it calls for a loadable DU. In theory, I would use the RX50, but at 400K, I think that will fail with a 4MB main memory? 2. How do I find the vectors I should use for my two MSCP...
  18. M

The South SCSI2 right angle cable (HD50M)

You're a genius! ...and, I appreciate the assist from the community (I see you, Chuck!). Although Mr. GW313 is in Krakow, it appears the link is in China (of course!). I did fill out the inquiry form on the web page. Let's see what I learn. "MOQ 100"....but, free samples. Who...
  19. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

Interesting. The ROM seems a little smarter - I'm able to boot from 160334 as DU4 without specifying the address. I did set the starting LUN as 4 in the SCSI controller firmware. From your reply, it seems that I should boot from the distribution system on SCSI2SD (ROM's DU5), sysgen to...
Back