• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

The South Apple IIe enhanced mega bundle - $900

I’m afraid the time has come to part with my beloved Apple IIe! This is a great bundle with everything you need to have a nice Apple IIe in your collection. This is an enhanced (65C02) IIe with 128K, loaded with the following cards: 80 column / 64K card (607-0103) Apple II parallel interface...
  2. M

The South Apple IIe 3.5" disk controller - "LIRON" : $195 + shipping

I moved to the Apple SuperDrive controller and have this 3.5" floppy controller for sale. Board only.
  3. M

Apple II SCSI v. High-Speed SCSI

I was curious, how much faster is the High-Speed SCSI card in an Apple IIe? The Apple IIe itself must be the bottleneck, so I can't imagine that a high speed card is that much better? Does it have a large buffer?
  4. M

The South SCSI2 right angle cable (HD50M)

I'm cleaning up some cables, and, I'm not sure if this was ever made, but I'd love one: A SCSI 2 cable: right angle (left) HD50M to HD50M straight. Has anyone heard of this configuration? I see HD68 right angle cables...I haven't seen a right angle HD50
  5. M

RSX-11M+ sysgen question

Don't make me read the RSX sysgen manual - it's 274 pages! Ok, if you've subscribed to my adventures, you know I struggled to get RSX-11 on to my Seagate SCSI disk until I broke down and finally bought a SCSI2SD adapter (if you didn't subscribe, and are configuring MicroPDPs, just get one!)...
  6. M

The South DEC PDP-11 MSV11-PL M8067-LB 512k memory module - qbus: $115. Free shipping

I'm selling off my spares... you may need this to build out your PDP-11, or, you may want a spare! 512K. MSV11-PL M8067-LB. Tested working. $115. Free shipping to buyers in the US. International buyers - actual shipping costs.
  7. M

Programming the PDP-11 under RSX

I thought I saw a discussion somewhere on this topic, but I can’t seem to find it. Where can I find programming tools for the PDP-11 under RSX? I see that RSX includes FORTRAN IV, and of course MACRO-11, but I am looking for something easier to use. I’d like to avoid BASIC and COBOL. I...
  8. M

The South DEC PDP-11/83 BA23 badge

I've been spamming the DEC forum with my newbie stumbling as I give some TLC to my PDP-11. The BA23 I have has the 11/23 or 11/53 badge (it's attached). I'm looking for the 11/83 badge if you have an unloved one sitting around.
  9. M

Curious - BA23 power supply size - 345W?

I was reading the MicroPDP Tech Reference and it states that the BA23 enclosure has the H7864 power supply which is rated for 230 watts. On the back of my MicroPDP there is a label that says 345W? I thought maybe the MicroVAX or VAXStation II upsized the power supply, but the references for...
  10. M

PDP-11 SCSI controllers UC07 v. CQD-440/TM

I decided to move my MicroPDP-11/73 SCSI card from the Emulex UC07 to the California Micro Devices CQD-440/TM. I just did that because I wanted the flexibility of a single SCSI adapter that could cover both tape and disk devices, and, the CQD 440's improved speed. Now that I've done the...
  11. M

How to test an MSV11J-JE

Here's something interesting. Here we have an 11/73 with a KDJ11-BB processor, and, two MSV11-JE (2MB, PMI) memories. When I boot my 11/73 in dialog mode (or, if I interrupt the boot with a Ctrl-C and run 'Test'), I get an Error 47 - Memory CSR Error. In fact, one of the MSV11-JE boards has...
  12. M

Should I upgrade my 11/73

Here's a question I'd like to bounce of more experienced PDP'ers. I have my 11/73 (M8190-AB) up and running with RSX-11M Plus 4.6. I have 4MB of PMI memory and an Emulex UC07 SCSI disk interface. I am considering the following upgrades: 1. Floating point support 2. 11/83 processor - what...
  13. M

Booting Emulex UC07 as secondary MSCP on PDP-11/73

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm now stuck. My PDP-11/73 autoboots the primary RQDX3 disk drive just fine (which is running MicroRSX on a Seagate ST-251-1, I think). But, the real fun is with SCSI. So I got an Emulex UC07 and Seagate 4GB ST15230N SCSI disk drive. Earlier, I was able to write...
  14. M

Starting uPDP-11/73 in boot dialog mode

I have my MicroPDP-11/73 set to autoboot an RQDX3, which works fine. I installed an Emulex UC07 and prepared a SCSI disk with RSX-11M 4.6+. I'd like to prevent the autoboot of the RQDX3, and, manually force the boot of the SCSI disk. Is there I can interrupt the booting without changing the...
  15. M

2006 Mac Pro

Would anyone be interested in a 2006 Mac Pro? Dual Xeon processor, 3 GHz, 10G RAM, two 256GB SuperTalent SSD hard disks, Superdrive CD/DVD drive. ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphics card. No mouse, no keyboard. Case is in excellent shape. Atlanta area - local pickup preferred, since this guy is...
  16. M

Iomega USB-SCSI adapter drivers

Does anyone here have Windows drivers for the Iomega USB-SCSI adapter? This is the one with the HD50 SCSI-2 connector. My install of Windows 7 doesn't recognize it, and, "drivers" web sites look too sketchy for me. I am going to try booting an older version of Ubuntu which was reported to...
  17. M

Best obscure mainframe OS?

I was born a decade or two too late to really experience mainframe computing. I briefly did some IBM 3090 and System 390 stuff, and Tandem if that counts. However, I'm more curious about the competing mainframes from the Seven Dwarves or BUNCH. Specifically, I'd like to understand more...
  18. M

sim to real hardware (dd to SCSI disk)

Based on suggestions in the forum, it seems like one of the easier ways to get a bare metal machine running is to set up an OS with a simulator (simh or Ersatz-11), run SYSGEN, and then restore (dd) the disk file to a real SCSI hard disk. I'm going down the path when I noticed that simh doesn't...
  19. M

which OS

ok...one more question, I My 11/73 has Micro/RSX-11 3.1 installed and booting. Should I use a later 11M-Plus version? I do have a DEQNA ethernet interface installed with an AUI transceiver. I'd like to actually get this machine up on the LAN. Could this be done with Micro RSX-11 or...
  20. M

SLU switch meaning

PDP-11'ers... I just powered up my 11/73 after a very long time and it came up fine. I have a question, does anyone know what the meaning is of the various switch positions? The baud selector is clear, but I don't know what the icons mean on the other two and what the meaning is on the "9"...
Back