• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. compu_85

WTB: XT 286 upgrade board

I'm looking for an 8088 to 80286 upgrade board... one of the type where you pop out the 8088 and hook up a ribbon cable form the ISA card, then plug the 8088 into the ISA card. Thanks!
  2. compu_85

Using a TI Silent 700 707 terminal with direct serial connection?

Has anyone here ever used a TI Silent 707 terminal with a direct serial connection? The unit has a built in 300 baud modem, and an acoustical coupler port. Looking at the board I don't think the coupler port is RS232. I'd like to get this device hooked up without having to put a modem in the...
  3. compu_85

Looking for Canon PJ-1080a drivers / software

Last year I picked up a Canon PJ-1080A color inkjet printer for use with my Lisa. It works great! https://youtu.be/ARaV4aJuaE4 I'd like to use this printer on some other systems, but I can't find any software that supports it :( There is a Windows 3.1 driver for the Integrex ColourJet 132...
  4. compu_85

FREE: KeyTronic "solid state" foam and foil keyswitch parts

Free, you just pay shipping! KeyTronic "Foam & Foil" keyswitch parts. Removed from a NOS Unisys terminal keyboard I stole the foam & foil pads out of to rebuilt the kb in my Compaq Portable. What's available: The black plastic key slider holder, key sliders, and key springs. Let me know how...
  5. compu_85

FS: 2x Mitsubishi 360k 5.25 drives

I upgraded my Compaq Portable and don't need these anymore. 2x Mitsubishi 5.25" 360k disk drives. Both working fine when removed. One has terminating resistor. These are half height drives with a full height faceplate, and don't clamp the heads onto the disk until it is being accessed. Both...
  6. compu_85

WTB: Black 3.5 720k drive and5.25 hdd bracket w/ faceplate, Compaq Portable parts

Hi all, I'm looking to buy 4 of the rubber mounts used in the Compaq Portable's drive bays. They look like this: Thanks! -Jason
  7. compu_85

Compaq Portable drive mount isolators?

I'm trying to find a source for the drive isolators used in the Compaq Portable (1). Here's what's in the system: Barry Controls Duo-Plexx 7820-4 plate isolator Here are the dimensions: A:16mm (15mm would work) B: 35mm C: 25mm D: 1mm Dimension image stolen from McMaster Carr...
  8. compu_85

Replacement felt pad method for 400k Sony drive?

I just picked up a Mac512k (March 1985 production), and it turns out I'm not the first one inside the system :( It came with an external 400k drive, and both the internal and external drives were frozen solid w/ dried grease. That was easy enough to fix. What won't be as easy: both drives are...
  9. compu_85

Many PC expansion / adapter cards FS. Video, Audi, LAN

Went past my parent's house for Thanksgiving and loaded up the car with items. I listed about 1/3 of the expansion cards already, will do the rest when I get home tonight. See my eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/quanda_computing/m.html The SoundBlaster AWE32 was actually my first sound...
  10. compu_85

Macintosh IIFX with TI MicroExplorer LISP processor card

I saw this system pop up on craigslist near me... later that evening it was in the trunk of my car. The gentleman I got it from was doing artificial intelligence work for the Navy. Quite a fancy machine in its day... A MacII which has been upgraded to a IIFX. 32mb of ram, 80mb hdd (I have...
  11. compu_85

Lots of Vintage Apple Programmer's documents and software FS

Hi All, A few months ago I bought a Mac IIFX, and as I was picking it up the seller asked me if I was interested in any of the old software and manuals he had. Long story short, I have tons of books and disks now with no place to put them. I've started listing some of the more interesting...
  12. compu_85

Anyone need MCA Ethernet adapters?

Years ago I got a box of NOS MCA Ethernet adapters. As I don't own any MCA machines anymore I think it's time to get rid of them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331145652381 SOMEONE has to want one of these. I hate to throw them in the dumpster :( -J
  13. compu_85

Moving from MI to VA, time to clean house!

Because of a change in employment I'm going to be moving from Michigan to Virginia... in 2 weeks! :crazy: As such... I need to clean house. I just can't bring all this stuff with me. Pics of my pile-o-items: https://picasaweb.google.com/perkins.jason/BlowoutSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCOzRlbOui7PatgE#...
  14. compu_85

NeXT Megapixel mono monitor. $10

I have one bit of next hardware left.. a MegaPixel display. it is is in reasonable cosmetic shape. The screen is rather dim, but does work. I'd prefer pickup on this but would ship it if you need me to. Item is in Adrian MI. -Jason
  15. compu_85

Two Apple //C and //C+ for sale

Time to clean house. I have two apple //C computers and one apple //C+. One //C is faded. One is in better shape. The //C+ is in really good shape. Have the power bricks for both //C machines. Also some software and external 5 1/4" drives (early style, but in great shape) How about $25 for...
  16. compu_85

FREE Compact Macs + more

Come and get them, I don't have space for them anymore. A mac classic II, two or three SE/30s, and maybe an SE (I can't remember anymore honestly.) I would list this stuff on ebay, but I would rather just give it all to someone who can use it. I'm cleaning house and am having to get rid of a...
  17. compu_85

NeXTStation, NeXTStation turbo, monitors, printer, NextStep

Well, as much as I like these systems, I don't have the space to keep them around anymore :( 1 NeXTStation Turbo (33 mhz), 64m ram, 500 mb hard disk 2 NeXTStation, 8m ram, 300 MB hard disk 1 NeXT Laser Printer, with toner (don't know how much is in the cart), with input tray from an HP (IE it's...
  18. compu_85

Videos of Vintage Machines in Action

I took some videos of some of my machines in action, and thought I should share them: Playing Alice on my Lisa 2/10 (in MacWorks) Windows 2.11 and Dos 3.00 on an IBM AT. Also shows the BASIC demo programs. It's amazing they put out things as horrible as the Art and Donkey program. You also get...
  19. compu_85

I have too many machines

I really need to clean house... I just have too much stuff... I have 2 PIII 450 Dells, and 2 Celeron 550 Compaqs, some PI stuff, and more keyboards then any one person should possess. Is anyone interested in this? -Jason
  20. compu_85

Made some vids of my AT

The AT I got had IBM basic on it, and it came with some demo programs. I took some videos, thought you might be interested. http://compu85.homeip.net/stuff/IBM_AT/Vids/ I cringe to thing someone at IBM was paid to write the 'space' one.... -Jason
Back