• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Google Plus Vintage Computer Circle

I thought it'd be cool to set up a vintage computer circle on Google+. Here's a link to my profile, if anyone is on there and interested: gplus.to/abbub Lemme know your profiles and I'll add you to my VC Circle. :)
  2. A

5160 BIOS Upgrade questions

Okay, so I've got a 5160 with the 11/08/82 BIOS in it. I've also got an IBM Model M keyboard, which sort of 'works' with the system. (The main section of the keyboard works, but the arrow keys and number pad (when numlock is turned off) do not. I see under the list of changes for the 01/10/86...
  3. A

AST memory card chips needed for 5160

I have a 5160 w/ 512k. The RTC/IO/Memory card is an AST card. I think it's a six-pack plus, but the picture I saw of the SPP had a game controller on it, and this card doesn't seem to have that. Anyway, it only has 256 MB of memory on it at the moment and I was looking to fill it out to the...
  4. A

Rom-el experience?

Anyone on here with experience using the Rom-el ROM replacement parts from retro innovations?
  5. A

RAM 3000 Deluxe

Hey, guys... I have a RAM 3000 Deluxe w/ 2 MB that I was fooling around with in my 386. I found the DIP settings on here: http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/memory-cards/EVEREX-SYSTEMS-INC-Memory-Card-RAM-3000-DELUXE.html I was able to get the EV159.exe configuration to test the memory and give it a...
  6. A

IBM 5160 Case Front

Anyone with a 5160 parts machine lying around that wants to make a few bucks off the the case front? My 5160 came without the plastic front of the case that screws into the metal piece that makes up the side/top of the machine. It looks naked without it! Thanks!
  7. A

200LX and DOS programs..?

Hrm... I just formatted a 32 MB CF card and stuck it in my HP LX200 Palmtop. Then I moved the CF card over to my Win7 box and copied dnd.exe and rogue.exe over to the CF card. Moving the CF card back onto the palmtop, I can see the files, but when I try to run either of them, I get 'Cannot...
  8. A

C64 Screen & Border, no text.

I'm at my wit's end on this system. Commodore 64 Breadbox, early rev. motherboard. It's powering up just fine. Getting the normal Dark Blue screen with a light blue border. No text. So far I've tried swapping out the: VIC PLA 6510 Both CIA Kernel, Basic, and Character ROMS Took the SID out...
  9. A

32-bit Memory Expansion for 386 motherboard?

I have a 'HOT-304' 386 motherboard that, according to stason, is a Shuttle Computer International system. Right now it's got a 25 MHz AMD 386 clone in it, and no numeric processor. I'm curious about the '32-bit memory expansion' slot, though, which looks like a standard 16-bit ISA slot that...
  10. A

Let's see if I can list my computers from memory.

Vintage computers: (Last century) ---------------------- Commodore 64 (breadbox) w/ 1541 drive, 1702 CRT. Commodore 128 w/ 1541-II drive, 1084S-D2 CRT. Amiga 2000 w/ 68030 upgrade, Indivision ECS VGA, 4 GB SCSI HDD. Macintosh SE Superdrive w/ 1 GB SCSI HDD. (System 6) Macintosh SE/30 w/ 2 GB...
  11. A

Commodore 128 Keyboard fixed.

Spent 30 minutes last night fixing a 128 keyboard and took some pictures: (This assumes that you know how to open up a 128 and are reasonably comfortable with a soldering iron.) Picture 1: An unhappy Commodore 128 keyboard. Picture 2: Required items. Soldering Iron, Solder sucker (or...
  12. A

WTB: XT keyboard and 5160 cast front.

I found a 5160 that needs a little attention: I have no keyboard that works with it. The system posts and seems to have no real issues that I can determine, but without a keyboard, I can't get very far into the boot. Anyone with an XT keyboard they'd like to get rid of? I'd prefer to have...
  13. A

IBM 5160 in need of love.

I found an IBM 5160 a while back and finally have a bit of spare time to give it some attention. The system does post, but without an XT keyboard, I haven't been able to get very far with it. It's also missing the front part of the chassis. Does anyone happen to have a spare 5160...
Back