• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Roland Huisman

PDP11/20 book

I would love to buy this book, but shipping triples the total price... :oops: https://www.ebay.com/itm/126366541640 So looking for an alternative... Is this little book as a PDF online somewhere? Regards, Roland
  2. Roland Huisman

Western Europe Cromemco Z-2D

I have this Cromemco Z-2D for sale. I'm located in the Netherlands. Off course I prefer that someone does a local pickup, but we can talk about that. The terminal is not included, I've used it to show that the machine is working. I'm not sure about a price, it also depends if someone does a...
  3. Roland Huisman

24000uF 50V capacitors for my PDP8/M

My favourite little PDP8/M broke down today. :cry: One of the power capacitors has a short circuit and tripped the mains fuse. The capacitors had a heavy life in the past because the fan broke down once. So these capacitors were fried and I'm really surprised that these last here for several...
  4. Roland Huisman

PDP11/20 at work today

So after a busy year where I switched to another school, things are getting a bit settled again. So I fired up one of the 11/20 machines here to read a PDP10 DECtape. I didn't run the machine for about a year, but when I switched it on it worked fine without any problems. So I think I did a...
  5. Roland Huisman

Merry Xmas and a good .....

Merry Xmas everyone and a happy and healthy : Regards, Roland
  6. Roland Huisman

PDP8/A (front panels wanted)

I've got this PDP8/A box with four boards. (I still have to pick it up) It has a CPU board, mem board, MIO board and another from which I don't know what is it yet. (probably something with boot ROMs) BUT... I'm missing both of the front panels... Can someone help me to get these panels...
  7. Roland Huisman

Cromemco Z-2D

Ooops I did it again... I could not resist to pick up this Cromemco with AMD-3A+ (And another dull terminal) nearby. The owner bought it somewhere in the eighties but never used the system. So it has been stored for over 35 years in his attic. Since they have to move to another house they had to...
  8. Roland Huisman

PDP11/20 demo RK05J, PC05 and TU56

Okay, don't take this one too serious please :biggrin: I've put my PDP11/20 on YouTube for a demo. One can show programmers stuff, I thought I do something different. I hope you like it. And don't mention the way I close the lower RK05 at the end ;) This is not like DEC explains it in the...
  9. Roland Huisman

Holborn 6500

Hello all, I've recorded a film for the Holborn 6500 a few years ago and I thought it s*cked... So I have never put it online... But since this is probably the only working Holborn 6500 in the world I thought it is fun to put it on youtube anyway... So that was what I did tonight... For those...
  10. Roland Huisman

Fixing my 5160

While talking to a friend about an insanely priced 5160 on a local sale, I thought let's find my own 5160 which was still in a move box for about 6 of 7 years now... Restored the machine and 5154 monitor back in 2011. But will it still work? Well no... The monitor started nice, but the PC was...
  11. Roland Huisman

VT220 != VT220

I've been fixing a few VT220 terminals lately. There seem to be an old and a new model VT220. The old model (on the right hand side) is from 1984 and the online 1983 documentation matches the hardware. The terminal on the left hand side is made in 1987. The hardware is completely different. And...
  12. Roland Huisman

M7859 programmers console ROM contents E34

Hi, I have a M7859 programmers console controller in my 11/34 but it is broken. It seems E34 (MMI 6331) has a broken output or has some data loss... E34 is important for the selection of the high and low 8008 program ROM. But it seems the board is only using the high ROM. It does not respond on...
  13. Roland Huisman

Schematics Joule Power 107-001-027 (power supply RX50-R)

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can find the schematics of the Joule Power 107-001-027 ? Thanks in advance! Regards, Roland
  14. Roland Huisman

PC05 parts needed, optical sensor, M040, M044

I've been given this poor old PC05, clearly meant for parts only... But I had some boards, and found one on Ebay. I already had a controller board and the cables. So I cleaned it and checked for the missing parts. So I'm missing the optical sensor, the 4x M040 and 3x M044 boards. Does anyone...
  15. Roland Huisman

CGA card saved from being scrapped

I found this poor little board in a box for recycling. I don't have any cga monitors anymore. I wonder, is the coax output just composite video? Also found a few other fun boards like a hard card, I have given that one to a friend.
  16. Roland Huisman

Saved a Pentium 90 from being scrapped...

I didn't want her to be scrapped... So I saved this Pentium 90. It is an old AT style motherboard with 72 pin memory modules and socket 5 CPU socket. It has an Intel chipset and the board is made in Ireland. In the meanwhile I've 'replaced' the BIOS battery in the RTC chip with a CR2032 socket...
  17. Roland Huisman

Was there ever a RX50 controller for pdp8?

I think the title says it all. Was there ever a RX50 controller for the pdp8? I've never seen one... But the later decmates had a RX50. For the unibus there was the RUX50 controller. Since the unibus has about the same age as the omnibus I'm wondering if there was such a controller for the...
  18. Roland Huisman

Schematics VT220 1987 version

My green phosphor VT220 died. The power LED is blinking fast because the power supply goes into current limiting... After removing the EHT transistor the power starts normal. The transistor itself is okay so I'm for 99% sure the line output transformer is broken. My terminal is from 1987, but...
  19. Roland Huisman

What are the biggest operational vintage computers?

I was a bit triggered by the message from Tom Hunter to wonder, what are the biggest vintage computers which are still in operation in a museum? Or maybe still in use in its original application? Or are fully complete including cooling systems so they could run when fixed? With vintage I mean...
  20. Roland Huisman

What ever happened to these machines?

Just wondering, does anyone know what happened to these machines? :giggle: The recording seems to be from 1996, so these guys were pretty early in the vintage computer hobby. Just wondering if these machines and these guys are still around. Regards, Roland
Back