• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

PET 4032 - can't run d64 images from PETdisk MAX v2

Great to hear! D64 support in subdirectories sounds like a separate bug, I will look into that and should get you an update in the next few days.
  2. B

On the firmware posted above, just tested with a board from my latest run, and can confirm that it's working on an 8032. I will try to get the 4032 out this weekend to test on that as well. I did have a build issue somewhat recently caused by building with platformIO without having a specified...
  3. B

Hi again, Just built the latest firmware, here it is: FIRM0630.PD2 To update, copy this onto an SD card formatted FAT32 in the root directory. Make sure it only has one partition. Then power up the petdisk max with the card inserted. You should first see a sequence of rapid blinks, followed by...
  4. B

Hello, sorry for the delay, everyone. Hope I can help with this and sorry for the issues with .d64 files. I'm attempting to reproduce the issue right now, I'll see if I can get a handle on what might be going on. In the meantime I'll build the latest firmware and post a link here - it's worth...
  5. B

Is there interest for another SD card disk emulator for IEEE-488 or IEC interfaces?

Sounds good. If you have your pin assignments and/or schematics available, would be interested in trying that out sometime. Hope you decide to open source your code, will help others to learn from it. Good work.
  6. B

Is there interest for another SD card disk emulator for IEEE-488 or IEC interfaces?

My apologies for that, not my proudest moment when I fail to get back to someone. It fell into /dev/null apparently. Great work on the firmware though! I would be very interested in trying it out on the petdisk hardware. Starting from scratch is most likely a good approach - I'm not particularly...
  7. B

Hello, PETdisk Max developer here. Definitely open to improvements on the device and firmware. Supporting different drive numbers on the same unit should be fairly simple. As mentioned here, it does currently default to 0, but adding supporting others would be, as they say, a small matter of...
  8. B

Osborne 1 Single Density Boot Diskette

Thanks, I will give that a try. Just odd since I'm almost certain I wrote that disk with this machine before.. even found the actual disk I wrote.
  9. B

Another note - tried 2 more things. First, connected the 360k drive as the only drive (A:) and no change in results. Also tried swapping with a 1.2M 5.25" drive and ran the test. Same results for low density media where only the DD 250 kbps test passes, and for HD media, only the DD 500 kbps...
  10. B

Interesting, I ran the test and only the "double-density at 250 kbps" test passed, the other two failed. Odd since I am pretty sure I've used this machine to write osborne SSSD disks before, although that was several years ago.
  11. B

Hi, I was trying to help out by writing the SSSD boot image (O1SDSYS.IMD) so I could mail it over, but having some issues using ImageDisk to write the image on my DOS machine I had previously used for this purpose. This is a PC running DOS 6.22, with a 1.44M drive as A: and a 360K drive as B:. I...
  12. B

Small PET programming question

Worked perfectly! Thanks
  13. B

Thanks Dave! I will give this a try.
  14. B

Hi all, Small programming question for the PET. The 'Diag Sense' line on the PET userport is connected to pin 9, PA7 on one of the 6520s. This line is an input by default, but the schematics I've seen indicate this line as bidirectional. Anyone know if it is possible to set this line as an...
  15. B

PETdisk firmware - help needed

BASIC 1.0 is not supported on either the original PETdisk or petdisk max, but 2.0 should work fine. Edge connector oxidation definitely happens, had that on a couple of different PETs. Also there is a useful basic program you can try, which does some simple checks which sometimes reveal problems...
  16. B

I will put the original PETdisk firmware and information back up on my website for posterity as well.
  17. B

Glad it is working for you now!
  18. B

California Wang 2246-C Workstation : $100 OBO

Looking to sell this Wang workstation, I believe the model number is 2246-C although the sticker is gone. I got this years ago intending to repair and do something with it but looks like we will be moving house soon and it's just too big and heavy to bring along. Current status: I don't see a...
  19. B

TRS-80 Model 1 L2 ROM board question.

Thanks, makes sense. That may point toward the 74LS156 itself having some problems. The output signal on those connected lines looked pretty bad, lots of activity near the middle of the logic voltage range.
  20. B

TRS-80 Model 1 L2 ROM board question.

Hello again, Have my model 1 almost working now, with exception of the L2 ROM board. This is a 3-chip board, version 1.2 roms. If I have the romulator z80 connected and replacing the address space 0x0000-0x2FFF, It boots and runs. I am wondering about how the ROM select actually works for the...
Back