• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Z

I would like to ask some software Questions about ongoing/continuing support for the

Thats why I am looking for ready-made solutions first. Such as applications from the FreeDOS Community. Or anything else anyone knows about I don't. It would be a different story if I had managed to get my hands on SchoolMate Plus! Back in 2012.
  2. Z

I would like to ask some software Questions about ongoing/continuing support for the

I would like to ask some software Questions about ongoing/continuing support for the Tandy. My network Infrastructure consists of a network of Linux PCs. They run several internal server services that are used via VPN to an Android Phone. There are special Security exceptions built with the...
  3. Z

Latest Tandy Problems

This is going to be a long haul to explain. So bear with me, as I try and explain all this. I have a Tanddy 1000 TL with the following hardware 80286/80287 Math Co-processor 768 K RAM (640 Usable by DOS) A Western Digital 8003E With a AUI to UTP Tranciever for Ethernet. a Hargle XT-IDE Hard...
  4. Z

The Tandy 1000 TL and QRAM

I had taken a break from working on the Tandy 1000. I need some advice. I have managed to scavange a copy of QRAM 1.01, and I'm trying to figure out just how to use it. My goal is to load TSRs like the Tandy's WATTCP drivers (Packet Drivers) and other things into the EMS memory card to free up...
  5. Z

The Tandy Returns

The Tandy 1000 TL Returns. Well, I finally solved a contact issue that prevented it from turning on. My current issues are networking, and EMS related. Special thanks to the Glitch Works for all his help. The Tandy seemed significantly less stable and would lock up on some occasions when its...
  6. Z

Celebrations! The Tandy 1000 TL is functional again.

Celebrations! The Tandy 1000 TL is functional again. The Tandy sees its 1 GB Compact Flash card and the 2 MB of EMS RAM. The Network card still works, but says it has a memory address of 0xD400 Still. The Tandy seems slower than in the past. I have not ruled out a conflict between the EMS card...
  7. Z

Tandy Sound and Wolfenstein 3D? Disney Sound Source?

I am curious, has anyone managed to make a Tandy 3-Voice function as a Covox Speech thing or Disney Sound Suource? Could it make the Tandy support Sound in Wolf3D on the Tandy 1000 TL?
  8. Z

Catastrophe! After adjusting the settings, XT-IDE No longer boots!

My Tandy 1000 TL has had a Catastrophe! After adjusting the settings, XT-IDE No longer boots! The system is booting into ROM Mode. Base Address was 260H, the Memory was D000 I tried to change the configuration from D000 to C800 - C9FF The card has a Red LED that is not lighting up. Please help!
  9. Z

Software: Integrating the Tandy into a Linux network

Does anyone have any experience with integrating DOS PCs using WATTCP and I use bitlbee, and eGroupware. I'd like to know what DOS applications can use CalDAV or a way to export a selection of the CalDAV as a DBF.
  10. Z

Software: Tandy Schoolmate Plus!

Has anyone yet located a copy of Tandy Schoolmate Plus? I am capable of creating a Novell IPX Server environment under Linux, and was wondering about hosting or virtualizing this rare software if at all Humanly possible if anyone can find it. For those that don't know. SchoolMate Plus was a...
  11. Z

Tandy 1000 TL and Lotech EMS card

I am trying to add a LoTech EMS card to my Tandy 1000, I have tried several jumper configurations with varying results. Some disable my VGA card, one configuration disabled the Hard Disk, among other problems. The Tandy has: A Full 768 K RAM. 80286 CPU and 80287 Math Co-Processor. Cirrus Logic...
  12. Z

Tandy 1000 TL and Networking

I have a Tandy 1000 TL that has an 8 Mhz 80286 CPU and 10 Mhz 80287 with a 1 GB Compact Flash for a Hard Disk, and a WD8003E Network card Connected via the AUI Port. Its connected to the rest of my network and I use File Sharing via XFS191. It still uses the old style wattcp stack. I want to...
  13. Z

Deskmate for Tandy 1000 RL

There is a driver for Windows 3.0 that lets Windows 3.0 use Tandy Graphics modes, Windows isn't monochrome when you use this driver, it sorta is reminicient of Deskmate.
  14. Z

Tandy 1000 TL Running out of RAM

I'm trying to play some games on my Tandy 1000, and it has the full 768 K RAM Compliment with a VGA Card. About 507K is free after all the network stack is loaded. I'm hurting for RAM, is there anyway I can get that extra 128 K of RAM from the TGA controller?
  15. Z

Tandy SchoolMate Plus!

Has anyone ever seen a copy of Tandy SchoolMate Plus out in the wild? I'm looking for a copy.
  16. Z

Networking issues with a Tandy 1000 TL

I am trying to get my DOS Tandy 1000 to communicate with an Mars NWE NCP server. It is connected Via an WD8003E with an AUI to UTP Tranciever and an Ethernet Cable to a Linksys E-1200 Wireless Bridge. WATTCP IP mode applications work fine. IPX Applications fail. I have a Mars NWE Server set up...
  17. Z

CPU Upgrade in a Tandy 1000 TL?

Is it possible to upgrade the CPU in a Tandy 1000 TL from 8 Mhz to 10 or 12 Mhz? I've added the 80287 Math Co-Processor to the Tandy, it works fine. Can I do the same with the CPU? must it be jumpered?
  18. Z

New Flat Panel monitor for Tandy 1000 T?L with VGA Card.

I got a new Flat Panel monitor used to replace the dying CRT VGA monitor on my Tandy 1000 TL. One problem. A particular game, Freddy's Rescue roundup, will not display. the monitor reports a signal out of it's range. Other CGA games don't do this, what's going on?
  19. Z

The Solomat 4000 of Doom

I lucked out and won a Solomat 4000 at an auction. and I would like help figuring out what is wrong with it. You power it on, and it starts logging, and you can't stop it.
  20. Z

Memory expahnsion options for Tandy 1000 TL

I'm looking for memory expansion options for my Tandy 1000 TL. I have all these XT Memory cards that have banks full of SRAM and I have no idea what I can use them for. Only one small one will fit in the 1000 TL I have, and it doesn't seem to do anything at all. One of these is an Everex...
Back