• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. RussBlakeman

A flake to avoid on ebay

I had a seller back in the 2010-ish time period actually ship by USPS then it showed in tracking that it went to the sort facility nearest him/her and then showed at the post office of the seller and delivered - to the seller. Nothing about undeliverable or that it even got out of the seller's...
  2. RussBlakeman

Okimate 20 Printer Issue

IIRC it has a carriage rod? If so have you rubbed a light sewing machine (or 3-in-1) oil on it then moved it manually with the power off? if it's dry or has some contamination on it the carriage would be slowed or even stick without going to the home sensor fully. Just a thought.
  3. RussBlakeman

Where to get Kaypro Replacement Parts

Not sure why he has those problems, I just went into my seller account and opened the item selling page and if it's an auction listing it allows up to 10 days but for a fixed price the only option is good till cancelled. It doesn't give me any option other than the good til cancelled on that...
  4. RussBlakeman

Is there some kind of ATF shortage?

The ones we had were hydraulic drum brakes mostly, the tractor-trailer types we had used the air park brake like OTR trucks have (the dash mount Pull for Brake button). This was in the late 70s and the vehicles were 1968 to 1975 mostly and about half were civilian types like the bus, 1.5 ton...
  5. RussBlakeman

When I was in the military (USAF) we had vehicles mostly the larger ones like buses and heavy trucks that had a driveshaft brake with a lever in the middle of the cab that was adjustable for tension similar to the knob on the end of a vise grip pliers. You weren't moving that without disengaging...
  6. RussBlakeman

The green wasn't the only color in the past, Zerex that claimed to seal holes was blue and that was a long time ago but you are right there are not only many colors but now they have different types. My daughter owns a 2017 Pathfinder and they call for "asian vehicle blend" but the thing has...
  7. RussBlakeman

Groot Scam?

Seems the possible scammers in question tend to have names made of 2 male first names, something common in South Asia particularly the land of the customer service reps - India. I had one in a FakeBook group message me on a power controller I posted and sure sounds like the same MO
  8. RussBlakeman

Network over RS-232

Yep LANtastic came in two versions that I remember, a serial version and a thinnet coax version that used (IIRC) 3.5mm phone plugs. I had the thinnet version between two 286 PCs in the late 80s or early 90s and my sons and I would play the network version of Doom through it. I don't have the kit...
  9. RussBlakeman

Laversab Industrial Computer Power Connector

Yep it's a Milspec, made generally by Cannon or Bendix (some by Amphenol) for military and aviation use mostly. As mentioned a more commonplace connector might be a better option but it has to meet your voltage and current requirements. While not a flange type mount this might be a good choice...
  10. RussBlakeman

Mid Atlantic FS: Microsoft MASM 6.10, Boxed

Yeah I've never had problems even with ones that were sealed where the seller couldn't/wouldn't check them before sale due to wanting to sell a sealed package.
  11. RussBlakeman

IMSAI PCS-80/35 or maybe an IMSAI 4x

Hendrix
  12. RussBlakeman

Mid Atlantic FS: Microsoft MASM 6.10, Boxed

Biggest issue is putting on labels such as fragile, glass, do not bend, do not xray, etc is that the sort lines are automated and robots only read barcodes. By the time it gets to a local post office where a human is checking it in and loading it for delivery, it's been through a whole bunch of...
  13. RussBlakeman

Power Supply will no bring up Unbranded 286 Motherboard

early systems sometimes had plastic pop-in supports that slid into keyhole shaped slots on the case bottom then the remainder of the support holes used brass thread-in supports with metal screws but many times they used fiber washers that were reddish-brown between the screw head and the board...
  14. RussBlakeman

IBM ps/2 model 50

Probably it wasn't parked the last time it was used before you obtained it so the heads were flopping around. Look like time to search out a replacement
  15. RussBlakeman

Interesting read on ebay

Honestly I can think of much better things to spend 340k on
  16. RussBlakeman

IBM ps/2 model 50

Did you figure out what type (MFM/RLL, ESDI. SCSI, IDE, etc) the hard drive is? Low level will be dependent on the type of drive/interface.
  17. RussBlakeman

IBM ps/2 model 50

Once you make the disk you can run it and see if the drive auto-configures and mess with it once it does come to life, you will just have to do it again once the battery comes in. No need to wait for the battery to test it once you have the disk made.
  18. RussBlakeman

IBM ps/2 model 50

Reply was an aftermarket planar/motherboard made for retrofitting some PS/2 models. As mentioned the 161 and 163 are generally indicating loss of BIOS settings but you need a setup (reference) disk to access BIOS unlike most other boards where a keypress will let you into BIOS. There are image...
  19. RussBlakeman

IBM ps/2 model 50

If you intended on including a photo or photos it/they didn't get included in the post. There are two model 50 PS/2's - the 50 and 50Z. Both have a slot specified for a HDD controller which could be ST-506 MFM and there is an ESDI controller and IIRC there were aftermarket IDE...
  20. RussBlakeman

Need manual / jumper settings for Jameco JE-1043 FDC. Have newer ROM image.

Have you contacted Jameco to see if they might have a PDF or other file archived? I had one of those many years ago that I bought from Jameco but it's long gone with the machine I sold it in.
Back