• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

People's Pascal

Many years ago, I played around with People's Pascal which was a Tiny Pascal based on the Byte articles. Unfortunately, I have lost the drive that had the files on them. This came on a cassette tape that had People's Pascal I and People's Pascal II on it. I'm hoping that someone here still...
  2. N

Mid Atlantic Free for local pickup: Sun SPARCstation 2

I rescued a Sun SparcStation 2 computer from a friend who had to clean out his storage unit. He had very little time (about a week) to clean the unit out and was planning on sending the Sun to the recycling. So I now have it and am trying to dispose of it before I end up sending it to the...
  3. N

Omnibook 300/425/430- Other Operating Systems

I believe there are quite a few HP Omnibook 300/425/430 enthusiasts here. I have been playing around with them for many years, especially the 425/430. I found the model 300 to be limiting in that I couldn’t install other operating system on it. For those that have the OB-430 or OB-425 with...
  4. N

Free - Data General/ONE

I have a Data/General/one with some accessories that I would like to give to someone. The screen is almost unreadable, but otherwise is in clean condition. It has the Data General canvas carrying case, power supply and the printer. There's also the following: Owner’s Manual Pocket Reference...
  5. N

Oasis Operating System for Z-80

The other day, I was discussing old computers with a friend. He was telling me about the Oasis multi-user operating system that he used to run on a Z-80 system. Sounded very interesting - I had never heard of it before. I did a search on the Web and came across some manuals for it on...
  6. N

Data General/One

Today, a friend gave me a Data General/One computer. It came with the case, plenty of manuals and some disks. I turned it on and at first wasn't sure it was working at all. Then, with carefully looking at the screen, I could barely make out some text. From what I read, the screens were...
  7. N

(Free) Tandy 1000 SL and Monitor

I have been helping a friend clean out his house and came across a Tandy 1000 SL computer. The case is grimy with dirt. I haven't opened it up, but can see that it has a 5.25 drive and a 3.5 drive. No keyboard or discs. Haven't tried powering it up. Also found a small Tandy RGB color...
  8. N

Toshiba Libretto 100CT & 110CT

I have two Toshiba Libretto Computers. They both work - one is 100CT and one is 110CT. Have floppy drive a/c power supply and the expansion ports. I will be attending the VCF East 10.0 on Saturday. I will bring the box with me. If you are interested in these, please PM me and we can hand...
  9. N

Gateway Handbook Computers

I have several Gateway Handbook Computers. I think two work and one doesn't. Have floppy drive and one a/c power supply. I will be attending the VCF East 10.0 on Saturday. I will bring the box with me. If you are interested in these, please PM me and we can hand off on Saturday. I do NOT...
  10. N

Portable Disk Drive for Tandy Model 100 and 200

I have a Portable disk drive for the Tandy Model 100 & Model 200 portable computers. The drive is Catalog Number 26-3808 and is in the original box. Comes with the interface cable. I had purchased this drive for use with my Model 102 only to learn that it does not work with that model. I do...
  11. N

Using DOS Only - Anyone here do that?

Today, ARS Technical posted a couple articles about using DOS only. Of course he did it only for one day. Has anyone here attempted to use DOS only? And how did it workout for you and how long did you do it? Following are links to the two articles...
  12. N

FS: Set of HP Omnibooks with accessories

Edited to show remaining items. (OB-300 has been sold) I need to trim down on some of my HP Omnibooks. Maybe someone can make better use of them. They are as follows: OB300, 2MB Ram - SOLD OB530, 4 MB Ram OB530, 12MB Ram OB600C, 16MB Ram Accessories: Four HP Floppies with Cables...
  13. N

Gateway Handbook - My New Toys

I just got the two gateway handbooks today with floppy drives & cables, AC power supplies and nice carrying cases. The first is a 486DX2-40 with a bad screen. It seems to boot but hard to read the screen. I opened it up to find that the hard drive had been removed. But they neatly left the...
  14. N

People's Pascal I (Based on Byte's Tiny Pascal)

When I had my Radio Shack Model I, I spent a lot of time playing with the Tiny Pascal programming system that was published as People's Pascal. The neat thing about this system was it was based on Byte's series of articles on Tiny Pascal. The Editor/Compiler, Interpreter and Z80 translator was...
  15. N

Casssette Version of Edit Assembler Plus for Model I

I'm looking for the CAS file for the Edit Assembler Plus for the Model I computer. I remember using it many years ago, and the macro feature was great. I can find CAS files for the standard editor/assembler but not the Plus version. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Or does anyone...
  16. N

Akai GC-625 Reel to Reel Recorder - Free

I have a Akai GX-625 Reel to Reel Recorder in clean condition. I had used it to transfer some tapes my parents made from the 60's. Have no further need for it. It can handle up to 10" reels and has 3-motor direct capstan drive. Free for pickup. I will not ship it. But I really don't want...
  17. N

CP/M 86 - Command line Rebooting?

I have installed CPM-86 on Flash Card in an Omnibook 600C. I have a MSDOS partition and a CP/M partition on the hard drive. I would like an easy way to toggle between the two systems. On the MSDOS side, I have created a CPM.BAT Batch file that has the following commands and it work great...
  18. N

Gateway Handbook 486

I just acquired a Gateway Handbook 486DX2/50. It was really clean. Came with the floppy drive, but no drive cable or power supply. Based from what I could find on the web, the first battery terminal is negative and the second it positive. I tried a 6V lantern battery and got no response from...
  19. N

ASMZ80 Assemebler-need help with macro statements

I have a copy of ASMZ80 Assembler and LODZ80 Loader that runs in msdos and produces Z80 code. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of he manual. If someone has the manual, I'd appreciate any info on the Macro and other pseudo statements that can be included in the source code to make coding...
  20. N

Looking for Philadelphia/South Jersey Help

Hi, I have a couple of operating systems I'd like to try installing on a Compact Flash Card but I don't have a 386/486 system with floppy drive. The two operating systems are Xenix 386 and IBM OS/2. I have all the 3.5" disks. I was hoping someone in the Philadelphia/South Jersey region might...
Back