• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Early BBC, Identification help pleeeeaaaaasssee!..... Ta.

I have this BBC, I think is a issue 1 model B; which might be quite rare? I'm not sure as Commodores are more my thing. It has a very low serial 1001443. It won't power on, and I have replaced C1, C2 and C9 capacitors from the PSU. It's probably still a PSU issue still as I'm not getting 5v DC...
  2. S

Farewell to my PET...

Well I have had the PET 8296 for years and never done anything with it since I repaired it. I'm a vintage car fan and don't like to see them stuck in the garage not being driven. Heads up for those interested, I hope someone uses it and has fun. I'm keeping hold of a 64, a 128 and 1200 though; I...
  3. S

Strange (to me) case on this c64

What's the deal with this case on this c64? it looks a bit like a c64c, but not quite. I never seen one like this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commodore-64-C64-Console-Computer-/261080208050?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3cc997d2b2
  4. S

Commodore LED Watches "New Old Stock" Genuine or fakes?

I apologise in advance this is technically not a computer based post. I still can't think of a better place to ask opinions from fellow Commodore enthusiasts in respect of this. Some of you may have seen ebay auctions for what seems like in inexhaustible supply of Commodore LED watches about...
  5. S

How to create a Commodore PET IEEE Cable - Part 3

Finally, we need to put the cover on the edge connector. It will need a small adjustment. Basically both top & bottom "lips" of the connector needs removing. I used a small hacksaw and file for finishing. Hopefully yours will look better than mine. If you don't do this, it won't fit snugly and...
  6. S

How to create a Commodore PET IEEE Cable - Part 2

Let's start by obviously cutting the HP GPIB in half. You can always make another of course, but if it's short cut at one of the ends. Strip the outer sheath back about 4.5cm and use a wire stripper to trim the ends of each wire in readyness for soldering. Using a multimeter, you can find pin...
  7. S

How to create a Commodore PET IEEE Cable - Part 1

Hi All, I have only been a member of this forum for a few months, and I have seen many re-occurring posts about making, or obtaining a IEEE cable to run from the PET to say a 8250 Disk Drive. This is a problem for myself as well, with a deteriorating cable; I needed a new one. I also needed a...
  8. S

C128 Display problem at switch on

I got this really nice condition C128 about 3 weeks ago. I didn't pay too much for it (for 128's at least), but as you can see it doesn't work. The display you see here is what remains when you power it up, on both rf and composite. Strangely if I switch it off & on again I just get a black...
  9. S

Strange Daughterboard on UE7 (PET 8296) ID? Please... Ta

Hi all, I'm going to be listing one of my 8296's on eBay over the weekend, and would appreciate some help on describing the daughterboard in UE7. My other 2 pets don't have one of these and I can't find much online about them. Perhaps some member here have seen them and know what/how they...
  10. S

Commodore PET 8296 & 8250 LP Drive Testing

Hi all, I bought 3x 8296 PET's (non-working) and 4x 8250 drives (untested) off ebay about 4 years ago, and only recently found some time to look at them. I have managed to repair all 3 PET's, and I'm cracking on with the next stage; looking the 8250 drives. I have connected the drive to the...
  11. S

Newly aquired Macintosh II's from freecycle!

Well thanks to wife, yes the wife; I have 3 Machintosh II's. They have been aquired along with a 600e CD Drive from uk freecycle. She found them, and collected them! Fantastic! They were advertised as working, but alas this is not quite the case; but hey they were free so can't complain. The...
  12. S

PET 2001 guide price?

So I have an opportunity to purchase a non working, rusty case, but complete PET 2001 from someone 5 minutes drive away. He knows one sold for $300 on eBay, a while back. What should I offer? It's a tricky one this. I don't know if I want to spend £150 on it, I'm busy as it is on restoration...
  13. S

Hi to all!

Hi There, I'm glad to have found this forum, a problem shared is a problem solved! I own a computer shop in the Uk, and have slowly found myself collecting a few vintage computers. This is what I have so far.. 1x Commodore 64 (Breadbox style) - Working 1541, cassette deck & action replay for...
  14. S

Commodore PET 8296 Keyboard Servicing

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and glad I found it what with all the retro kit I have! I have tons of questions but won't flood the forums with them all at once. I have an 8296 keyboard, not used for 25 years I'd say which some of the keys need a firm tap to work. Obviously I don't what to...
Back