• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

IBM PS/1 386SX (2133) - how to put an atapi IDE CD Rom drive?

Hi everyone, I have an old IBM PS/1 386SX with 2Mb Ram and DOS 6.2, which I'd like to put an IDE CD-Rom in. I've installed the CD-Rom in place of the 5.25in drive, set the drive to slave, the hard drive to Master, added: devicehigh=c:\OAKCDROM.sys /d:MSCD0001 and LH c:\dos\mscdex.exe...
  2. T

This Week In TRS-80: Episode 5 (20th December, 2018)

Enjoy! Ian.
  3. T

This Week In TRS-80: Episode 1 (new video series)

This Week In TRS-80: Episode 1 (new video series) ~ Daniel asks about getting sound from his Model III ~ Frank is trying to fix a 4P, it most likely has PSU probs ~ David is trying to match up an EI with his M1, I explain how Enjoy.
  4. T

TRS-80 Trash Talk - Episode 26 - TRS-80 Collecting

Episode 26 is now available! In this episode, we run through the schedule for the upcoming Tandy Assembly 2018, we discuss the 40th anniversary of TRS-80 newsletter "80 US Journal" and we talk in-depth about TRS-80 collecting. http://www.trs80trashtalk.com Thanks for listening! Mav
  5. T

Help with interesting C128 keyboard fault ?

Hi everyone, hello from Tandyland! I have an interesting problem with my C128... I own two... one runs the other doesn't. On the machine that runs, they keyboard has a problem where some keys don't work, some do, and the rest print the wrong character when pressed. I figured it would be the...
  6. T

Melb, Au: Vintage computer display on Sunday, includes many TRS-80s

For those in Melbourne, Australia. On Sunday I have an exhibit at the Bundoora Computer Market - who wants to come and see me and my display of Model I, 4D, 4P, Coco 2 and other non-Tandy stuff? That's Sunday July 15th at RMIT Bundoora Campus. PM me for more details. Let's go public with...
  7. T

A2E Astec AA11040B or C power supply - need help to repair it

Hi everyone, greetings from Tandyland :-) I'm trying to fix a AA11040B PSU for an A2E. I've checked the fuse, electrolytics, and the globar resistor. I've replaced the Rifa, but the PSU still shows no signs of life. Does anyone have links to a step-by-step way to check and fix the PSU? I...
  8. T

Pentium MMX 223MHz motherboard with 32Mb Ram and PCI video card

$A120 ono will post from Melbourne, Australia Classic Pentium-MMX motherboard with Ram and video card. Great for that old DOS games system. Items all pulled from a working system. You get: Gigabyte GA-586TX3 AT form factor motherboard Intel Pentium-MMX 233MHz CPU 32Mb Ram Cirrus Logic...
  9. T

486DX33 VL Bus motherboard with 8Mb Ram and controller card

$A120 + postage Classic 486DX33MHz motherboard with Ram. Great for that old DOS games system. Items all pulled from a working system. You get: OPTi 495SLC Vesa Local Bus (VLB) motherboard AT form factor with 256K Level 2 cache Intel Overdrive 486DX33MHz CPU 8Mb Ram I/O card with floppy...
  10. T

15% off FreHDs, hi-res boards, and all other TRS-80 items for May 2018

Hi everyone, Just in case people didn't see it in the For Sale section, I currently have a sale on for VCFed members reducing the prices on all items on my web site by 15%, just mention VCFed when emailing me...
  11. T

May 2018 SALE - take 15% of TRS-80 items from my site

15% off all items on my web site for all of May 2018, just mention you saw this on VCFed (includes 15% off shipping, so say something costs $10 to ship to the USA, you only pay $8.50) My web site: http://members.iinet.net.au/~ianmav/trs80/ This includes all my popular items like the fantastic...
  12. T

WTB: Windows NT 3.51, W4WG 3.11, and Windows 2000 operating systems

Looking for CDs or floppy disk sets of early operating systems: Windows for Workgroups 3.11 Windows NT 3.51 Windows 2000 I already have NT 4.0 and 98SE. Prefer in Australia if possible. Cheers, Ian.
  13. T

Model 4 Hi-res programs added and call for more CN80 File Cabinet disks

Greeting Hi-Res Model 4 owners. I've done a update of my hi-res hardware/software page and added a bunch of new programs for download, including some from TCdev (Knight Lore, Alien8, Pentagram, and Lode Runner) and I found a bunch of old CN80 File Cabinet diskettes with interesting programs...
  14. T

C= Pet 'Abraxus' found in Australia?

I bought this yesterday: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ABRAXAS-home-PC-micro-mainframe-Extremly-rare-and-unique-Circa-1979-/202118637602?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=RLCNtegBtabuADaK90zF83QE%252Brg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc I don't think its an MMF or 9000...
  15. T

Tandy TRS-80 Model 2000 software and manual archive

I was thinking of creating one. But I don't want to re-invent the wheel if there is already one. Can people get back to me with existing archives so I can either a) start my own one or b) add my own collection of manuals and software to an existing archive site. Thanks in advance, Ian.
  16. T

Where should the next Tandy Assembly be held? Your thoughts..

This poll is your opportunity to state where you think the next T-A (most likely 2018 ) should be held. Try to be open minded and think outside of the box. I hadn't been on an overseas vacation since 2006 and really enjoyed the show. Flying in coach isn't all that bad. Discuss.
  17. T

Coco 3 512K memory test program?

Hi everyone, is there a simple Coco 3 memory test program which tests the 512K upgrade? Something which can be loaded of cassette or disk would be ideal. What do people suggest? Ian.
  18. T

GENDON3 improved character generator for the Model I Discussion

I found that one of my machines has both a Donmon 2.3 and a Gendon3 in it. This discussion focuses on the GENDON3. I have ripped the code from the 2716 Eprom and you can download it here: http://ianmav.customer.netspace.net.au/downloads/GenDon3-9E.bin This is how it looks installed in the...
Back