• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Kouwei (Kouwell maybe) KW-530 (A,B,C,D) Floppy Controller Manual

Ok, good to know that your card is the source and not the one on zerominusdegrees.net. Becaust the latter iam already using. Then going trying your bios too. Maybe there is a difference to spot.
  2. R

Acculogic SIDE-1 (minuszerodegrees.net)

bios and photo Socketed the card so could dump the contents.
  3. R

Did you got that bios from the minuszerodegrees website? Do you also have a picture from the card? I guess both DTK biosses are the same.. Yes it works on the card, but it wont with the original switches.. So still think it isnt the original one that came by the factory.. But thanks anyway for...
  4. R

Hi, I also have that Kouwell KW-530D card.. But it dont seems to have the original bios on it. Someone had fiddle around with it.. Is it possible to get a bios dump from your card? Nowdays these seems to be hard to find. Pictures would be nice too.
  5. R

Do you also have the kouwell KW-530D card? Also thank you for the affort to upload the manual..
  6. R

Identification two reverseable top 286 class motherboards.

I bought 3 other ones from the same seller. Also seen to sort out on the 5 volt line. (5volt to ground) One had the bios roms on it.. But iam not sure if these where the original or not.
  7. R

Unidentified Mainboard

CPU should have been a 8088-2 = 8 Mhz.. So it was actually a turbo xt board. Because 10 Mhz requires 120 nS memory. This board have 150nS. so the cpu would have been slower then 10 Mhz.\ 200nS memory is for 4.77Mhz cpus.
  8. R

VTech laser Turbo XT 8086

Better buy one USB Eprom reader / writer your self. Its cheaper on the long run.. And you have it always available when needed. You really need to have one when you are doing retro stuff in 2024.. Otherwise it could be a hard job to do any.
  9. R

VTech laser Turbo XT 8086

Yes it is. VTL = Vtech Would backup that, for whenever it goes bad..
  10. R

Best Sound Card Clone for 286

other option could be an aztech card.
  11. R

WDXT-150 Minuszerodegrees.net

Socketed the card bios (photo is old one) Could dump the rom.
  12. R

ARCHE RIVAL 286 computer. Motherboard identification please

Thank you, very helpfull. How did you archived the KBC?
  13. R

ARCHE RIVAL 286 computer. Motherboard identification please

Hello, You seems to have to same board as i do https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/identification-two-reverseable-top-286-class-motherboards.1247322/ Is it possible to dump the bios roms? Those seems to be hard to find.
  14. R

Identification two reverseable top 286 class motherboards.

The one with the black sockets it the newer revision board. ( i also could be wrong) In the corner it says PAT. Iam guessing max mem on this boards would be 1MB.. Because it only should take 41256 Kbit chips.. Special about these boards is, they are for reverseable AT cases. Logo on the...
  15. R

What kind of Floppy controller is this?

After some clean up. I found out i had the manual for this floppy card. So i made some good photos from it to share.
  16. R

It seems the card is working after some fiddleling Connected a second drive without resistor pack (5.25inch 360KB) to it. But it auto detects it at 1.44MB.. How to fix? I have set this: (tn-680c card) SW1: 1 2 3 4 on off on on ( getting 1.44MB on both drives A & B)...
  17. R

I'm curious if there are people who have this controller working or have gotten it working.I also have this controller card here. But he doesn't.At first I was unsure whether the inserted ICs were the right ones. Because it may well be that the previous owner also had problems with this and...
  18. R

Unknown memory expansion card

iam doing a wild guess.. Maybe a captain board? Those where regulary used in XT class machines. edit: Have checked it, but no tecmar captain card.
  19. R

Vendex Headstart VGA M-888-VC

Think changing out the capacitors.. Its a power issue.. I also have a monitor that powers on, and after 1-2 minutes suddently its powers off again.. Powerboard needs a recap.
  20. R

Unknown memory expansion card

dont know the brand. But it seems to me that it is a 512KB memory card.. With such low capacity i almost sure, its some kind of `back fill card` specially for the IBM XT computer with you have the older gen 64K -256KB motherboard.. So you could back fill it to 640KB of conventional memory. I...
Back