• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

286 board +5volt on AT power connector to ground.

I have got 4 Mycomp PAT-286 mothboards in my possesion. I did a check on them to see if they were not shorted. So i could hook them up on my power supply. (computer test bench) One of them seems to have a litte battery corrosion on the traces near where the battery was. (yes this is still...
  2. R

Techway 4 way floppy drive. (zerominusdegrees.net)

Got this card today in a bigger lot local. Gave it some cleaning and service. It was very dirty. And IC sockets dry on oxidation) My picture i made: Picture from an other site to validate its a techway controller. (only dont know what number of techway it is.
  3. R

Acculogic SIDE-1 (minuszerodegrees.net)

bios and photo Socketed the card so could dump the contents.
  4. R

WDXT-150 Minuszerodegrees.net

Socketed the card bios (photo is old one) Could dump the rom.
  5. R

Identification two reverseable top 286 class motherboards.

The one with the black sockets it the newer revision board. ( i also could be wrong) In the corner it says PAT. Iam guessing max mem on this boards would be 1MB.. Because it only should take 41256 Kbit chips.. Special about these boards is, they are for reverseable AT cases. Logo on the...
  6. R

Unknown ISA card

What is it? Made by TallGrass Technologies corp ( i think in 1986?) FCC ID: DC47E5AITC
  7. R

Got a new card for my Vtech laser XT/3 and dump (modem7)

Bios dump. Made direct the bios dump before adding any current to it. Is there someone that maybe have more information on these jumper settings? Tried to look online, but didnt found much that should be 1:1 the same (matching)
  8. R

Which black paint to use which matches the one of IBM XT and AT cases?

Iam trying to repaint a part of a nice old style case i want to build an older style 286 in it. (uses old style AT PSU with external red flipper switch) Some years ago i bought it as a pravets system (i guess) but to keep the story short and clear. The outside bottom part of the case was...
  9. R

Trouble shooting XT CF LITE adapter

Hello all, I have recently purchased this kit on ebay: I needed one, because have a running V20 machine with an 20MB MFM HDD in it. Need to low level the drive. The XT CF Lite would for me the easier way to transfer the data from the MFM drive to the CF drive. Its the biggest mistake i have...
  10. R

PCB design simm module

Anybody knows where this pcb design came from ? and if it is open source? Really like the design.. Only the capacity of the modules are to big.. Would prefer 4x 4MB 16MB kit.
  11. R

Which VRM? Mylex MGI 486 motherboard.

Can someone recognize this vrm on this motherboard? Or is there any software i can use that can help me, which vrm is fitted there: (magnifying and sharping tools?) Looks like its having a white dot on the upper left corner on the top?
  12. R

What can be the cause?

I have this computer 8088 - 8MHZ DTK look a like PIM TURBO 640 Motherboard Motherboard have a full 640Kb of system memory. Clone IBM XT case. (No LEDs or TB switch) (but there on the motherboard (header) Seagate ST-296N 84MB Partitioned: C: 42MB D: 39MB With FDISK on MS_DOS 4.01 bootdisk...
  13. R

Difference MSDOS 4.01 and IBM PC DOS 4.01

Can someone explain me what the difference between MS-DOS 4.01 and IBM PC DOS 4.01 Are they really the same as what options you have? Or is PC DOS more advancer? What are the PROs and Cons of both osses.? I really like to install version 4.01 on my 8088 system with a 84 MB SCSI harddrive...
  14. R

Does anyone know the right slot placement for expansion cards on XT machine.

Like the title already says: Is there any source that can tell me in which order expansion cards are placed in a XT machine. Only knows from the PSU: 1. M. IO card 2. Floppy disk controller 3. Harddisk controller.. And then i dont know what goes next. I know that the order in which slot is...
  15. R

IBM 5160 frame around drives front.

IBM uses an frame around the floppy drive bezels for two half-height drive. Does clone cases also came with this frame? And where can i get such a frame (it can be 3D printed if anyone can do this?) How can i get one?
  16. R

Motherboard 286 says Hi-byte and lo-Byte

Which rom is the High Byte and which the low? Got ODD bios eprom and an EVEN eprom
  17. R

Trying to get on older Seagate ST 296N Scsi drive working.

I have these parts laying around: 2x Seagate ST-296N drives. Seagate SCSI SL04 Host controller with bios 3.3.2 Seagate SCSI SL06 Host controller with bios 3.2 some 50pin scsi single ended ribbon interface cable. I have made a floppy with these tools (included in the attachment) (they only...
  18. R

Teac CS235 mini floppy drive bracket kit power supply cable.

I like to know is there a reason why the teac CS-235 mini floppy drive kit comes only with an 5volt / ground cable, and missing the 12volt / other ground part. on rhe floppy power cable. I red somewhere that you cant use the regular floppy power cable, but have to use the included floppy power...
  19. R

10Mhz XT to fast for memory card?

I found this page from an XT motherboard manual: It says: Do not use RAM memory on an expension card because its design may not be compatible with 10Mhz CPU at access time. This is written on a page of the PIM-TB10-Z motherboard manual. I like to know if this is true.. And what advise...
  20. R

Length screws disk mounting plate.

https://iec.net/product/set-of-4-m3-metric-screws-for-mounting-disk-drives/ Does anybody know the actual length of these disk drive mounting plate screws? Iam trying to get these screws, but cant order them from IEC because i dont have a creditcard. Is it possible to get them on ebay? Can...
Back