• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

PET/C64 et-al development with CC65

Thanks - that seems to do something. According to the PET memory map, the location 0xD4 / 212 does hold current file device number.. but at least within VICE, it doesn't appear to represent the device number that my .prg is running from when first examined. My file handling routine looks like...
  2. M

PET/C64 et-al development with CC65

Hey there, I picked up a very clean PET 2001N-32 a couple of weeks ago from an electronics disposal (it was bound for the trash!)... And it has turned out to be perfectly working. Anyway, I thought I'd had a go writing something for it, so have turned to CC65 which is working reasonably well...
  3. M

XTIDE Universal BIOS v2.0.0 beta testing thread

So far I've tried the Dos 7.1 as included on a Win98SE boot floppy, as well as IBM PC-DOS 7.1. Both are fully FAT32 aware, as far as I know. Both will partition the drive(s) and format them as normal (a small C:, another ~7GB for D:, and the remainder for E: - so E: stretches from just below...
  4. M

Data or manual for this 286 motherboard (PA286-SA1)

I've just bought a replacement 286 motherboard for a generic Headland HT12 board which I've owned since new for the past 30 years and which has finally stopped working :( The new board is almost exactly the same as a Peaktron PA286-SMT board, as described here...
  5. M

Microvitec Cub 653 Monitor (Type 1456 Li2) - Pinout

It's a TTL RGB connection as standard - designed really for the BBC range of computers. I don't have access to the pinout right now, but can probably find it - just look for a BBC Model B / Master 128 monitor connection. However, you can convert them to analogue 15KHz RGB really quite easily -...
  6. M

Sparcstation 5 on a VME card

Enclosure is nearly finished - some minor cosmetic issues to address (fill in a few blemished and then stain it), but it works and is now hosting the Force SPARC 5V card: ... I'm also happy to see that the card is apparently working fine; I made up a simple 3 wire serial cable that mostly...
  7. M

Well I couldn't find a cheap VME chassis anywhere; not in the UK and not without paying an eye-watering amount for shipping from overseas.... so I decided to build one myself! Power comes from a standard ATX PSU (I found one that had at least 1A on the -12v line), and I've cooked up a...
  8. M

What would you say were some of the more interesting ISA cards that were available?

I'm biased, but I'd also chip in to say the Transputer based ISA cards are fairly niche. I've got two of them; one is a 4-slot card with one onboard 32bit T800 cpu and 16MB of 30pin simms as well as 4 extra 32bit Transputer modules plugged in (that's about 60MB of RAM in total). The...
  9. M

It is indeed a colour framebuffer - in Sun world it's a cgsix adaptor (8bit, accelerated 2d drawing, up to 1280x1024): I was hoping to be able to do the setup of both this and a MVME-177 sbc using a serial interface rather than have yet another monitor and keyboard hooked up... but that...
  10. M

Try again, this time resized down to 1024x768...
  11. M

So this is the first time I've seen one of these - it's a Force SPARC-CPU-5V; according to the manual it's essentially a SS5 on a 1 to 2 slot 6U VME card. I managed to pick it up cheap from a recent Ebay auction and hit lucky - it came with the optional SBUS frame, which stacks it from a single...
  12. M

System 7.6 - partition sizes

I've recently acquired a nice IIci with a Daystar 040 turbo, Radius 24bit display, network card and a healthy amount of ram (80mb). I'm planning on replacing the existing 160mb SCSI-1 drive with a IDSC21 SCSI/IDE bridge and a IDE/CF adapter. I'll be installing System 7.6. I believe I need to...
  13. M

Xenix Development Systems

I now have obtained several versions of the SCO Xenix Development system this includes: 2.2.0 2.2.1 2.3.0 It works, but won't build much modern software - for that you need to install GCC via several steps 1. Install the tarfile of gcc (1.40c) + gas + gdb 2. run fix.h.xenix 3. Install the...
  14. M

SCO Xenix 286 in Virtualbox

I'm playing around with SCO Xenix within Virtualbox at the moment and have hit a bit of a problem with serial ports. Other than floppies, really the only way to get content in and out of the vm is via the emulated serial ports - so I'm using the well documented technique of used named pipes...
  15. M

AMD 80286 PLCC processor wanted

Looking for 68pin 80286 to fit in a plcc socket in order to replace a surface mount N80L286-16/S that I removed in an ill-advised attempt to fit a IBM 486SLC2 upgrade card :( Minimum of 16MHz, but if anyone has a 20Mhz part that would be even better. I'm in the UK.
  16. M

IBM 8550-Z 286->486SLC2 upgrade - technical info

Hi, I'm considering the feasibility of removing the surface mount AMD 286-16/S from my generic HT12 286 motherboard and fitting a (surface mount, not through-hole) 68-way PLCC socket to accept one of the 8550-Z 286->486SLC2 upgrade modules that are commonly seen on Ebay. However, before going...
  17. M

Looking for Headland HT12 UMB and EMS drivers

Hi, the Headland HT12 286 chipset has hardware EMS support. There is an early version of AMI BIOS that I've downloaded and burned to eprom that adds an option to the CMOS settings to partition any on-board extended memory into expanded and extended (eg I have 4Mb - it allows me to add up to...
  18. M

Surface mount PLCC to PLCC/PGA socket adapter

Hi, anyone come across an adapter that would plug on-top of a surface mount PLCC (an AMD 80286) to turn it in to a PLCC or PGA socket? Ie to make it suitable to plug in an IBM/Kingston 286 to 486SLC upgrade (which are designed to plug in to either PLCC or PGA sockets). Could such a thing be...
  19. M

XTIDE Universal BIOS - success with other cards?

Hi all, I'm hoping to get larger disk access via XTIDE Universal BIOS on my no-name 286 system - I've tried Ontrack Drive Manager and while it detects, partitions and formats my drive to full capacity, I cannot boot anything via the Ontrack 'Insert a floppy and press space to boot an OS'...
Back