• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

My Mac Mini on eBay

Listed this on eBay as I need some extra money. Open to reasonable offers! Will ship worldwide. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331665844115
  2. B

Need help with resistors

So the temperature gauge has never worked in my truck. I found through research that the resistor on the back of the gauge is most likely the culprit. Problem is, I can't find a 92 ohm resistor. I was told that if I wired a 100 ohm and a 1.2k ohm resistor in parallel, it will equal around 92...
  3. B

Selling my Amiga 1200 on eBay

Didn't want to sell it, but I came across a truck I really want to buy, so the Amiga goes. Hate to part with it, but it's been sitting idle for a while now. It's a really nice setup that comes with games, an RGB to S-Video converter and more! Auction is with no reserve, so you could possibly...
  4. B

WTB - Five 32k x 8 15ns SRAM chips

Hey guys, I have a friend that is looking for some SRAM chips to add cache to a 486 motherboard. They are 32k x 8 15ns 28-pin SRAM chips. He is going to need 5 of them. If you have what he's looking for, PM me. I figured I would check on here before he orders them from China. Thanks!
  5. B

Sound card in a 286 machine... SB 16 or SB Vibra 16?

Looking to install a sound card in my 286 machine. Would it be better to use a regular CT2230 Sound Blaster 16 or a Vibra 16? I know the SB 16 will work with a 286, but I am not sure about the Vibra. Thanks!
  6. B

Acer CPR restore CDs/floppies?

So, in my 2 days of research, I have come across absolutely nothing regarding the restore CDs for 90s Acer desktop/tower PCs. I recently picked a near mint Aspire P200VR tower out of the trash that works great... it was just missing the hard drive of course. I DID find a website with some info...
  7. B

Monorail AIO memory? (

Just got a really nice Monorail off of eBay for $80 shipped. It has never been opened so I was the first to crack the warranty seal to check the inside. It came from the factory with 16MB onboard, and I would like to upgrade the memory to 32mb. I know it takes 2 72-pin SIMMs, but what I want to...
  8. B

Wanted - OQO Model 01 battery

Yeah, I know... TOTAL shot in the dark, but would anyone happen to have a working battery for the Model 01 OQO? I just got one of these for only $30 complete, and the battery is long dead and was swollen, so I had to remove the lithium polymer battery cells that were in it.
  9. B

Having weird issues with Dell Latitude D530... failing CPU?

I figured I would ask here since there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Recently I bought a Latitude D530 off eBay that was shown to have a bad hard drive. I replaced the hard drive and put in my Windows 7 CD to install. Upon installing 7, it gets a BSOD with the 0x00000124 error, which...
  10. B

Installing Windows (or ANY OS) on a Compaq Prosignia 300?

So yesterday, my Dad brought me home a Compaq Prosignia 300 that a friend gave him. Has a Pentium 90, 16MB of ram, 2GB HD, stuff like that. Came with 98 installed. Being the honest person I am, I wiped the drive to reinstall 98. Here's where the problem lies. This particular server grade Compaq...
  11. B

PS/2 Model 30 286 showing 3.5" 1.44 drive as a 5.25" 360k drive?!?

Ok, so this one confuses me quite a bit. When attempting to access the floppy drive in DOS, it freaks out and says "Sector not found reading drive A" and won't read the floppy. HOWEVER, it has no issues booting from a floppy (I reinstalled DOS). I would assume that this is a DOS issue, but I...
  12. B

WTB - Memory for my IBM PS/2 Model 30

Looking for some memory for my PS/2 (8530-T31). This model takes 30-pin SIMMs, and none of the ones I have work in it, so for now I am stuck with 512k of memory!
  13. B

Commodore "64" Web.it... anyone have one?

I was doing some research today, and unintentionally stumbled across something that was called the Commodore 64 Web.it. Apparently it wasn't made by Commodore and was really just a web terminal that ran a modified version of Windows 3.1. Anyone have one? I'd like to know more and see some pictures.
  14. B

WTB - Memory for Zenith Z-Star 433VL/Packard Bell Statesman

Looking for memory for my 1994 Packard Bell Statesman laptop. This is just a rebadged Zenith Z-Star 433VL. I have been searching for a little bit now, and haven't found anything. I do have some part numbers to help you out. If you have what I am looking for, feel free to drop me a message! Some...
  15. B

Having issues with Packard Bell PB286LP laptop

Ok, so it seems that no matter how hard I try, I cannot get this computer to properly recognize memory. I purchased the correct memory I needed for it; 4 x 9 chip 30 pin SIMMs that are 1MB each. There is already 1MB on board, so with the 4MB, it totals out to 5MB. The memory was sold tested as...
  16. B

Packard Bell PB286LP memory?

So unfortunately, it seems I am having a hard time finding memory for this machine. It has 4 empty 30-pin SIMM slots, and according to a magazine article I found for this laptop, each slot can hold a 1MB SIMM. The thing is, it doesn't mention what kind of memory it takes. I have tons of 30-pin...
  17. B

Moving files from Packard Bell 286 laptop to ThinkPad with Win 2k?

Looks like I need a bit of help here. I just recently got a working Packard Bell PB286LP laptop off eBay. It works pretty good, however I can't figure out how to get files off of it and onto a more modern computer (ThinkPad 380Z). I have the parallel cable needed to connect the 2, and the laptop...
  18. B

Looking for Compaq Armada 7770 Floppy Drive

Hey guys... I am in search of a floppy drive for my Armada. The part number for the drive is 220808-002. I found a few online, but all of them suffer from OPD (Overpriced Disease). Note that this is a removable drive that goes in the drive bay. If you have what I am looking for, drop me a PM...
  19. B

Need help locating older Video drivers; Packard Bell Statesman laptop

Anyone know where I could find the Chips 65520/525/530 drivers for my PB Statesman Plus? I tried Googling them with no luck. The only one installed is the standard VGA driver that comes with 3.11, so it will only show 16 colors. I know that the drivers will allow me to see 256 colors. According...
  20. B

WTB - Trace pen

Looking for a near empty circuit trace pen. I really don't have the $20 for a new one, and all I need it for is 2 corroded traces (eat up by a leaking CMOS battery) on a Packard Bell motherboard that are only about 1cm long each. If you have what I am looking for, message me. Thanks!
Back