• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

My wife wants to throw my 386 on my head

She requested a picture like that from the photographer herself, for being pissed off with all the space these staff occupy altogether.
  2. O

XT-IDE BIOS in BOOT ROM socket

I wonder if any of you guys had any luck with it. I used an EPROM-EEPROM programmer to program various EPROM-EEPROM chips with the XT-IDE BIOS. The only boot rom socket that initializes it, is the one in the VLB IDE card at the bottom of the picture (which already had a BIOS of its own and I...
  3. O

First apple

I just got an old apple from recycles. I don't have a keyboard and mouse for it and I wonder if I can use a PC keyb/mouse with it somehow. Maybe with a converter. If so, what type of converter will I need? And if no, what keyboard and mouse will fit this thing?
  4. O

Vintage game suggestion

All right people, I'm looking for a good vintage PC video game to play (one that I haven't tried so far). What are your suggestions?
  5. O

LBA in mainboard BIOS, DDO

My vintage 386 socket-PC is nearly complete and in a while I want to start writing posts here with it. Now, what I want: 1) Is there a way to edit/modify/hack the mainboard BIOS so that I "add" the LBA support? I'm sure a super-duper hacker would be able to do that, but I looked for it...
  6. O

IBM 5150 board for ... repair

I guess I need to start working on this before I try to power it on. This is the board: It has a problem in the power input area and some tantalum capacitors are disconnected. If any of you experts can spot anything else, I'm all ears. Now, pretty lol question, but are the 2 missing pins in...
  7. O

386 performance ceiling?

OK now, I've thrown everything I could to my 386 PC. It is now like: CPU: 80386DX-40 (AMD) / 80387DX (IIT3C87-40) Mainboard: 4386-VC-HD ( http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/U/UNIDENTIFIED-486-4386-VC-HD.html ) Cache: 128K L2 cache RAM: 32 MB RAM 60ns non-parity ECC Video card: Tseng Labs...
Back