• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Anyone want a TRS-80 Car License Plate?

Check it out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRS-80-Car-Registration-Plate-Nebraska-MINT/124399426385
  2. K

Tandy CoCo 2 - how to get RF video to composite or HDMI?

I have a mint, basically "new in box" Tandy Color Computer 2 that I want to sell. This thing has never seen sunshine and is mint. I'm trying to show it as working to list it for sale. I have a composite to HDMI converter, that works fine with a CoCo 3 but the CoCo 1 & 2 only have RF outputs...
  3. K

Kaypro 10s - Won't start without HDD connected?

I have attached photos of each mobo I have. It looks like none of them have the Universal ROM you are referring to. Would that be the issue? It doesn't get far at all. No visible sign of anything to be honest. Not even power appearing to get to the CRT or image, no activity showing on the...
  4. K

Anyone in Phoenix want to buy a TRS-80 Line Printer Stand?

I have the original stand (furniture) for a TRS-80 line printer (and I have the line printer as well), and I'm looking to sell it. But this is not something I want to ship. So if you are in or accessible to the Phoenix, Arizona area, please PM me and I'll send pictures to you, etc. Make me a...
  5. K

Kaypro 10s - Won't start without HDD connected?

Thought I would ask the community about this. I have 3 x K10s of different configurations, etc. and as to be expected not one HDD works. Consequently they are pretty much useless. So I started down the FreHD route and I'm trying to get that going on one of them, but in all 3 cases I found...
  6. K

Anyone got a repair shop recommendation in Phoenix?

I have a Commodore 128D system that has worked flawlessly for years, and after a power cut now fails after about 60 seconds of operation. It looks like something is overheating, but I'm too busy nor feel competent to want to repair this myself. I'm in Phoenix AZ and wondering if anyone has any...
  7. K

Best composite video to VGA converter out there?

Hi there, I bought a chinese made composite video to VGA converter off Amazon recently and tried this out with a number of vintage computers (Apple 2, TRS80 Coco, etc.) and I can get a signal but the quality is awful. I guess these things upscale the video or something, but this is clearly...
  8. K

Palette load of 1980s Atari stuff rescued in Phoenix

I've managed to rescue about 300 Atari items from the 1980s from a guy in Phoenix who must have run a pretty decent sized BBS back in the 1980s. This includes about a dozen modems, 850 interfaces, etc. and as I'm going through and sorting out what is here, I'm listing it all for sale on eBay...
  9. K

Final, final end of an Australian era? - Dick Smith Electronics

I worked at Dick Smith Electronics in Australia as a teenage kid in the late 1970s. This is where I got my real start with personal computers and electronics (System 80 - TRS-80 clone) which turned into a lifetime career. Although the original Dick Smith Electronics was sold in the 1980s to a...
  10. K

Any Kaypro 4 owners have a disk with Comms programs they can share?

Hi there, I have a Kaypro 4 running the native TERM program for terminal emulation, and I've setup a Raspberry Pi 2 to act as a Linux computer. I can terminal connect to the Pi no problem and that is great. I'm running IRC (Weechat) on the Pi and hence using my Kaypro as a dedicated IRC...
  11. K

Kaypro 4.... Has anyone managed to get Ethernet & TCP working on one?

I've got a gently used Kaypro 4 computer that I have planned to do some hacks, retrofits, etc. (KayPlus ROM, FreHD, etc.). But if I could have my wish, it would be to run IRC on this machine all day long. I could do a serial terminal to a Linux computer for that, I guess. But it would be...
  12. K

Model 16B Diagnosis questions

I just received a Model 16B with a 15mb hard drive inside. The machine arrived with some minor damage from shipping, but clearly was knocked around a bit. I've been able to get it opened, checked all cards to be seated well in there, and powered it on. There appears to be power to all...
  13. K

Looking for Next Workstation Monitor

So years ago, I got a Next Workstation from a guy on eBay. Well of course he didn't pack the monitor correctly, so it arrived smashed. I've had this machine sitting on the shelf ever since, and just got a ton of Iomega Jaz cartridges with Next software on them. I'd love to get this machine...
  14. K

Best way to read these forums on Android device?

Is there any mobile software apps that anyone knows of that can allow the reading and writing of threads via an Android device (e.g. not through a web browser)? Seems like in this day & age of mobile tech, there should be some way to participate in these forums while sitting with my tablet? K
  15. K

Model 16 8" Drive diagnosis & repair?

Thanks Mark. I took a look at the PS immediately after taking the cracked case off it, and has never been recap'd so I have to replace out those paper caps. I have a few replacements spare from doing this on a Model II a few months back. This was not the unit you are referring to, but it is...
  16. K

Model 16 8" Drive diagnosis & repair?

Well I just took delivery of a Model 16 with 2x 8" FDDs in it. Although I'm furious with the eBay seller who literally packed this unit to be destroyed by shipping (I've got some serious case repair work to do here), I was able to get it booting and it comes up with the "Insert Disk" message...
  17. K

Self running demos for Model I/III/IV machines?

I've got a Model 4 with a FreHD running 24x7 and I wanted a program that demos the system on the screen. Right now I have Galaxy Invasion, but I'm sure there are others out there. Does anyone know of any other self-running 'teaser' demo screens for either games, business programs, etc. that...
  18. K

Repairing/Repainting Keyboard wear

I've got a couple of new acquisitions to my TRS collection, and it seems that any silver colored machines are suffering from keyboard wear on the palm rest areas of the keyboards. I'm sure this may have been asked before, but what is the concensus on repairing this? I was considering taking...
  19. K

Does anyone have refurbishment suggestions for Model X keyboard wear?

I guess we've probably all seen this on the keyboards for the "Mercedes Silver" TRS-80 machines.... The bottom of the keyboard often gets a lot of wear from wrists and it just looks awful. Has anyone had any success either respraying or restoring those keyboards so they kinda look 'new' again...
  20. K

Tips on inside info on the Model II?

I'm doing a bit of research on the rise & fall of the Model II, and I'm trying to find anyone who might know an ex-Radio Shack employee who was around in the early days of the Model II, particularly someone aware of the business strategy around the inception of this machine. If anyone knows any...
Back