• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

My small collection up for sale... Seattle, WA, US area

UPDATE: Please see my post here for information about contacting me, and my schedule this weekend (6/10/2011)... I barely spend any time fiddling with my vintages anymore, and space has become an issue since my wife and I moved into the city. I have decided it is time to part with the...
  2. E

5x Tandy 4000's on eBay auction

Not mine... I just saw the listing and thought I'd pass it along. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150616453185&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123 They claim to have 5 of these units. The BIN is ridiculous, but they do have "Make Offer" available, so who knows how low they'd be...
  3. E

Seattle Craigs List: "Huge collection" of vintage Apple Mac stuff (not mine)

Seattle Craigs List: "Huge collection" of vintage Apple Mac stuff (not mine) Just saw this during my "before bedtime" quick CL search: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/sys/2383050107.html Excerpt: -------------------------------------- "This could be a great deal for either a Dealer or a...
  4. E

Apple IIgs features in an episode of Pawn Stars...!

Saw this on eBay and thought I'd share: http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-IIGS-on-Pawn-Stars-Tons-of-extras-Great-shape_W0QQitemZ250777251931QQcategoryZ80075QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7307637242329490961 One of the floppies...
  5. E

What the... What is this thing?? IBM computer switch model 5170

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-COMPUTER-SWITCH-MODEL-5170-EXTEC-1-/260738379800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb537f018 :confused: It looks like it has a 3.5" floppy drive and a hard drive in it... But it's a power switch?
  6. E

IBM 7534 EGA Industrial Monitor (Pictures)

I was asked a while back to post pictures of my IBM EGA Industrial monitor. I finally got around to take some pictures, so I'm posting them on here for reference... The monitor is paired to my Tandy 1000 TL/2 with an EGA card. I had Flight Simulator 4.0 running in 640x350 EGA mode in the...
  7. E

WTB: IBM PS/1 Audio/Joystick Option Card and monitor (for 2011 and 2121 models)

Recently acquired an IBM PS/1 2121 machine and I'm looking for the Audio and Joystick option card made for these machines. An option is to install an ISA Sound Blaster card, but I'd really like to use the internal audio. Although I received a whole machine, the monitor suffered a shipping...
  8. E

[not mine] Clean IBM 5150 and 5155 (same seller, separate auctions)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Personal-IBM-Computer-5150-1981-1987-/230547252449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35adafe4e1 and http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-Portable-Computer-/230547252433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35adafe4d1 IMO, those seem like decent BIN and shipping fees. The 5150...
  9. E

Tandy 1000 RL/HD built-in parallel port bidirectional mode can be enabled...????

Not sure if anyone has read this and/or tried to enable this for use with Zip drives, etc. (by use of PalmZIP), but I noticed the following excerpt from page 69 (Tandy 1000 RL/HD.3) of the Tandy Technical Notes and Jumpers manual found at...
  10. E

[not mine] Wharehouse full of vintage computer stuff in Vancouver, B.C.

Saw this on CL today" http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/sys/2002825447.html Not sure if it's anyone from the forums... For the sake of archival, here's an excerpt of the post (sans pictures, of course): "I have a warehouse full of antique and vintage computers, monitors, printers, software...
  11. E

Just snatched a //c Plus!!

I can't believe it... I've been on the worst eBay streak, ever... Losing auctions up and down and missing out on some great BINs... I was about ready to shutdown for the night and get some zzz's when I decided to do a quick generic search for 'vintage computer', sorted by newly listed... And...
  12. E

Fixes for Tandy sound in games with non-Tandy graphics

Many games give the option of graphics and sound separately, so having an EGA or VGA graphics card installed is a non-issue if you still wish to enjoy the wonderful Tandy 3-voice sound. However, it seems that some games will only properly work with Tandy sound when Tandy graphics is chosen as...
  13. E

Tandy music on Lemmings with EGA graphics

Before I installed an EGA card on my TL/2, Lemmings played in all of its Tandy 3-voice music glory. Since installing EGA, Lemmings will only play sounds, no music. Any ideas why? Is the the Tandy graphics version of Lemmings the only one that loads up the Tandy 3-voice sound/music support...
  14. E

1000 TL/2 - Intermittent "blue background" issue

I have a bizzarre problem... My 1000 TL/2, very randomly, will change the background color from black to blue. The machine could be sitting there, idling, and bam...blue background (the whole background, including border). The machine remains fully operational, but if I hit the RESET button...
  15. E

Tandy 1000 TL/2 and XT-IDE - Error 01h when attempting to boot from WDAC2850 drive

I am attempting to install an 813mb WD drive in my TL/2, by use of an XT-IDE. The controller detects the drive fine (lists it in the bootm options), but whenever it attempts to boot it fails with an Error 01h (the controller reports this error). I have already configured my TL/2 to boot from...
  16. E

Tandy 1000 TX and MS-DOS 5.0 eccentricities

I've replaced the Tandy provided MS-DOS version 3.20.something on my TX with version 5.0, so that I can access a single 100mb partition on a Zip disk (palmzip.sys driver). Right off the bat, I ran into the following: The A: drive was recognized as a 360k drive (it can read 720k floppies, but...
  17. E

On a Tandy kick... 1000 TX, TL/2, HX, and Model 2000

I've been on a Tandy kick as of late... I inherited alegro's 1000 TX, which I've been playing Zeliard, Lemmings, and Thexder on for the past few days in all of their Tandy graphics and sound glory... I have it paired up to a CM-11 black bezel model. Also inheritted Chromedome45's Model...
  18. E

SimCity and Tandy sound support...does it require DAC?

I'm using a Tandy 1000 TX. I tried starting SimCity using the following command line switches: SIMCITY /dT /ST The former uses Tandy's 320x200 16 color mode. The latter is supposed to use Tandy sound. However, I get an error when I do this that reads: "Tandy sound BIOS not found. Using...
  19. E

Crazy SNES auction completed at over $5k USD on eBay!

I had been keeping an eye on an SNES auction on eBay that included a brand new system with tons of brand new games and accessories... Last time I checked before it ended it was in the $2k range.... I just checked to see what it ended at and it did so at the insane price of $5,100 USD! I'm not...
  20. E

NEC MultiSync Color Monitor (JC-1401P3A) and Tandy TRS-80 Model 2000

In preparation for the TRS-80 Model 2000 I should be receiving in a week or two (complements of Chromedome45...Thank you!), I went TTL multisync monitor hunting today. While visiting my favorite recycler, I was lucky enough to find a near-mint NEC MultiSync Color Monitor (the original, model...
Back