• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

Telling voodoo2 cards apart

I have this Diamond voodoo2 card and i'm unsure of it's memory size. I think it's 8Mb but other places say it's 12Mb so i'm pretty confused :P Here it is, if you want to take a peak at it. http://electricdreams.hopto.org/card/v2diamon2.php?current=3&s2=1
  2. E

What sound cards would work in a creative pc30-iii and msdos 5?

Think the title says most of what i was asking so... any ideas? I do have a opti931 based card, Soundblaster pro clone but i bet it's too new for that old thing, atleast the drivers.
  3. E

Commodore PC30-III hard drive problems

Ok so today i got my hands on the pc in the topic BUT i can't get the hd to spin, if i put it in another pc i can hear it trying but i can't realy hear any spin sounds so to speak. The drive is a wd93028-a, it sure looks like a tandon drive i have elsewhere exept that one has a mfm interface...
  4. E

Identify card

I have this... sound based card that i could use some help identifying. I bet it's some sort of sound prosessing card as it has a intel 188 cpu on it as well and i've seen this one on ebay too but with another card so i guess it can't work on it's own. The card has the markings X-Act ver: 1.80...
  5. E

Samsung SPC-3000V not booting

I was going around starting up some of my old pc's that had bios drum batteries to just charge them a litle and notice that the Samsung SPC-3000V refused to boot completely, no image nothing except i know that the gpu is getting Power cause the monitor Changes it's "hum" when i turn on the pc...
  6. E

Toshiba T1000Se repair

So a while back i got a hold of this toshiba laptop but it refuses to turn on, at best it turns on it's dcin red light for a second. What's been tried. Taking out it's battery also shorting the battery clips on the pc, no go. Taking out all the other batteries and shorting these pinns too, no...
  7. E

Failed Login Notification on The Vintage Computer Forums

I got an e-mail saying someone tried to login to my account and it was not me as the ip is completely different, 62.141.45.12 Something i should do about this or can the webmaster do anything?
  8. E

Resurect a modern pc

Hopefully some of you can help me with this, i have a friends broken down acer travelmate 5530-602G16Mi. The thing is, it does react to getting power BUT after that nothing happens and no video is output to the screen, before this happend he did have issues with the screen like it going off now...
  9. E

Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 swedish?

Does anyone have a copy of Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 swedish anywhere? I need it cause i'm trying to make a translation of win98se unofficial service pack. I thought i had it on a pc för alla cd but i'm missing that year it seems, i need 1 from 2001 and the only copies i can find are orginal...
  10. E

atx to at conversion

Is there anyway to convert a ATX powersupply to a AT one? not wired directly but add some sort of converter to one. I have this Pentium MMX 233MHz system that could need a bigger one and the mobo doesn't have a atx plug + that the psu used has too few molex connectors to be really usefull, the...
  11. E

Electric Dreams computer museum

Thought i'd put my link here also even though it's probably everywhere by now lol anyway here's the link and if anyone wan't to link swap just gimme a howler ;) http://electricdreams.ath.cx OR if the first url doesn't work i've setup a backup url. http://electricdreams.hopto.org
  12. E

Link MC5 A/S terminal

So i was dumpsterdiving a litle and found this terminal, at first i just thought it was a odd monitor with a wider than normal cable on it but today when i took a bigger look at it was actually a terminal and it does boot up but i'm missing the keyboard and it doesn't have a normal din or ps/2...
  13. E

c64 sid music

So i stumbled on a song for my c64 via youtube and to my surprice when i tried to play it on my own c64 via sidplay64 v0.7 it just stops so i'm guessing out of ram issues. Heres the page that i got the files from http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=32474 The orginal release is the .d64 file...
  14. E

8/16bit nics in xt era pc's + net

This thread http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?30209-FTP-s-PC-TPC-for-Dos got me thinking if i were to setup a network on my old samsun spc3000 turbo xt pc and use mTCP, mostly out of curiousity, doubt i've ever been on the net with a dos pc before, nothing i can remember...
  15. E

Floppy sector repair software

Are there any other floppy sector repair apps than Flobo floppy bad sector repair v2.0? It's a very usefull app and i've "fixed" alot of 5.25" floppies with it so they can be used again and yeah it remagnetises the bad areas and most of the times that's all that needs to be done. Here' my...
  16. E

need help compaq n1020v

yeah i really need some advice here for a compaq n1020v laptop, i'm getting horrible graphics performance after a reformat and reinstall of windows xp and i don't have a clue why and it's especially on opengl games and games as old as quake 1 almost doeasn't want to work run via a opengl client...
  17. E

Kaypro 2(II) computers in alan wake

Was playing the Alan wake pc game recently and noticed a familiar sight when walking around in the game, Kaypro 2's heh i didn't belive my eyes when i saw it. Sure it's not an exact copy of one but the coloring, screen, drives and keyboard match up :)
  18. E

Ms-dos 3.35?

Is there any way to get ahold of a copy of ms-dos 3.35, according to wikipedia it existed but not in what type, i mean if it was a self install or an upgrade to 3.30. If it's possible to get then i'd like to upgrade dos on my samsung spc-3000v from 3.30 but not go as far as dos 4.x.
  19. E

Question about olivetti m19 keyboard

So yeah the cable of the m19 keyboard is uh... comming apart, well more like the rubber on it is, piece by piece, i've taped it before at the ends so it would hold, not pretty but atleast it's functional, anyone have any ideas on how to stop it getting worse or comming off completely?
  20. E

cbm 8050 blinking

So i gather that this dual disk drive is having issues and managed to find this http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=301 and it seems to have a bad ram according to the 7 led blinks it does :/ doubt i'll be able to fix that unless someone has any ideas note: very limited money and no...
Back