• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Commodore 3040 disk drive

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to repair a 3040 dual floppy which simply doesn't seem to work at all when I power it on. Looking at the circuit board I can see a capacitor has blown up and is all black and crumbling. It is in position C31, though all that part of the circuit board is black...
  2. M

Commodore PET 8032 Keyboard problem

Hi All, I have a strange problem with my 8032 and hope someone can help. When I boot it up, the cursor is an inverted @ symbol, I can type but when I type something invalid and press Return it takes much longer than it should to process and show the "?syntax error" message and if I do this 4...
  3. M

Commodore PET 8032 Boot up problems

Hi Everyone, This forum is my last hope of fixing my 8032 which I've had for a while but have only just got round to trying to get it to work. When I first got it, it didn't do anything when powered on. However after replacing a couple of bad ROMs it now does the familiar sound when booting...
  4. M

None working 4032 PET

I've had a 4032 PET for some time now and it had been working fine until today when I went to switch it on and after a few minutes it suddenly went off. Subsequent reboots have left me with a blank screen, I don't even get the usual sound that happens on power on. The chips don't seem to be...
  5. M

Commodore PET 4032 40 col to 80 col upgrade

I've been looking around for the edit rom file that will show 80 cols on a 4032. I've done all the hardware changes already but am just missing the rom. I've checked on http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/firmware/computers/pet/ but no luck, edit-4-80-n-50Hz.bin is what I need but it...
Back