• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

IMS Series 8000 (5000SX?) Project

Beautiful! I never found what "On time" and "Off time" meant, it's not documented in any of the materials I have. I can only assume that it has something to do with head settling time.
  2. N

In your PAR file of the 1.3 and 1.4 versions, make sure you have the following: AUTUSR = 80 ;Automatic logon to user 0, privileged You can also send me your GEN/PAR file for me to examine for other suggestions... One thing about the IMS floppy driver, they split it up into a bunch of...
  3. N

Very impressive! The velocity of your progress is remarkable. For the 1.41 TurboDOS, what did you use for the floppy disk drivers? The order of the REL files matters only when dealing with Disk drivers and Circuit drivers, if you have more that 1 disk driver for example a floppy and a hard...
  4. N

If you view the .IMD disk images in a text editor, you will see a comment in them where I kept the serial numbers.
  5. N

Here's another tool you're going to need, RS08.COM, each of the .REL files are serialized and can only be GENned with the matching GEN.COM that came on the disk when purchased. I expect that we will be copying the .REL drivers for the 401 floppy in the 1.2 or 1.3 version onto the 1.4 disk and...
  6. N

With any slave processor, there will be a driver that gets GENned into the master operating system. Once the master is fully booted, and if it has the slave processor drivers present, it will begin polling the specific I/O ports that are configured in the PAR file, if it finds any slave...
  7. N

Yes, you have the idea correct, and there's a few caveats involved, but you've got the concept. If you run GEN STDSINGL.SYS, it should read in the STDSINGL.GEN and STDSINGL.PAR files and output a STDSINGLE.SYS file. Then if you want to test that operating system, you would run OSLOAD...
  8. N

Excellent! Have you familiarized yourself with the GEN and PAR files and how they are used to generate a new OS? There should be a copy of wordstar on the boot disk and you can view and edit them with "WS STDSINGL.PAR" for example. We will need to look at the .GEN file for the OS that is...
  9. N

Can you get 2 Gotek's wired up and working as Drive A and B? There's going to need to be some merging of files from different floppies in order to get the end result of running the 1100 Hard Disk controller with the rest of the boards.
  10. N

Excellent progress!! I think it's going to take some work to get TurboDOS 1.4x going on this set of boards. I don't think the 1.4x distribution disks from IMS included drivers for the model 401 floppy controller. We may have to fiddle around for a while and see if the older 1.3x drivers will...
  11. N

I think the only writeup was on GitHub, it was a fairly simple port to RC2014 because of the RomWBW firmware, it does all the heavy lifting, the TurboDOS drivers just hook into it.
  12. N

It may not be totally unrelated since the someone who created the TurboDOS drivers for RC2014 is a friend of mine. The TurboDOS community is very small.
  13. N

I never went back and tried the CP/M image from the Gotek. I recall that CP/M required a jumper to be moved on one of the boards in order to boot. I think it was one of the vectored interrupt jumpers. Once I got TurboDOS, I lost interest in CP/M.
  14. N

I've meditated on your scenario for a few days and I think your CPU and Memory are fine, but something in the I/O board or Floppy may be the source of the issue. If you send me your address I will send you my floppy and I/O board so you can experiment with them and see if you can make progress.
  15. N

OSLOAD.COM starts at track 17 and gets deposited into memory and ran -- that's where you are seeing the memory test. After OSLOAD, the floppy should seek back to track 0 and lookup OSMASTER.SYS which occupies tracks 19-20 on the image. Does your Gotek ever get to track 20 on the floppy image...
  16. N

Well, I don't have any brilliant ideas at the moment, but I will meditate on this for a while. Since I have nothing better to suggest, perhaps try using this attached Boot ROM in place of the IPLALL. This is an earlier ROM and it's for TurboDOS floppy only booting. It is a 2716
  17. N

Thats funny because...
  18. N

If I set pin 34 to RDY in my FF.CFG file, everything still works and boots as normal, it appears to make no difference. I would suggest that you reset your Gotek to factory defaults though before powering it up with my FF.CFG. It should force the Gotek to re-read all the parameters from FF.CFG.
  19. N

I didn't make the .img from an .imd file. I wrote the .img to the gotek by copying a physical floppy onto it. I see one thing that I would like you to try. The 4116 RAM chips in my memory board are the faster 150ns type, the chips in your memory board are 200ns. There is a jumper "JA" at the...
  20. N

Here is the set of boards and configuration that I'm using
Back