• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

ROM from LOMAS 286

I'm doing research on a LOMAS Lightning 286 S-100 board. The documentation is very scarce, but from what I can gather, there was an optional ROM for this board that is supposed to "emulate the functions of the PC-ROM BIOS" I'm curious if anyone here can take a look at the dump of my ROM and...
  2. N

Anyone remember VM/386?

I'd like to find some documentation on VM/386, so far in my research I've only found old advertisements. It appears that they were still in business a recent as 2009, I never had the chance to use it myself, but would sure like to give it a try and learn about it.
  3. N

Networking DOS to Windows 10

I had a little project to network DOS and Windows 10 for a company that uses some legacy equipment. I was pleased to have been successful. The DOS machine is running Novell's Lan Workplace v4.2 and Tsoft's NFS client (still being sold). The Windows 10 machine runs XLINK NFS server for...
  4. N

ARCNet boot ROM seemingly does nothing.

I've been playing around with this boot ROM for a couple weeks and don't understand why it does nothing. It's directly from the distribution diskette of the OEM who created it, so I assume it should work and at least print out an error message since all paths in the code lead to some kind of...
  5. N

Morse-Baudot

Does anyone else have one of these Morse-Baudot S-100 boards by Curtis Electro? It looks like basically a fancy UART with onboard ROMs to presumably handle ASCII to Morse conversion. I'm interested to learn how it operates, would it take an audio input from a HAM radio via the RCA jack and...
  6. N

Tarbell Floppy controller modification

What is the purpose of this giant ceramic resistor on the back of my Tarbell floppy controller? Obviously it's not stock.
  7. N

IMS/LF-Technologies System Build

I've got a full array of IMS/LF Technologies boards that I would like to build into a system. There's only one problem, I don't have the operating system disk. I've researched and found that there were 2 versions of TurboDOS that IMS/LF-Tech distributed which are compatible with this board...
  8. N

Looking for ROMs

Hello Everyone, I'm hoping that somebody out there has an S-100 card from Industrial Micro Systems or L/F Technologies with a ROM chip labeled "IPL ALL" This was a later revision of their boot ROM that I would find useful. The ROM would typically be installed on any of the 3 boards I have...
  9. N

ASCII Photography

I was intrigued by a video I saw on Youtube from 1977: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO2MZV9AC_c 20 seconds into the video they demo a computer taking a portrait of a person and printing out a very good likeness on an ASCII line printer. I wish there was more explanation into how this was...
  10. N

Help with bootstrap code

Hello all, I'm looking for some help disassembling a bootstrap program. This is for an XT clone that goes into an S-100 bus computer. The board first boots to TurboDOS (CP/M-86 compatible) then by executing the BOOTPC.CMD (attached), it is supposed to boot into PC-DOS by reading in another file...
  11. N

Trantor Tape Mate II

I've got a copy of Trantor Tape Mate II, looking at the SUPPORT.LST file it says it will work with the Archive QIC02 tape controller that goes right into an ISA slot. After installing the software however, it only allows configuration for SCSI based tape drives. I haven't found a manual, does...
  12. N

Huge S-100 Chassis

Is anyone out there interested in a huge S-100 Chassis. It has 20 slots on the motherboard and is actively terminated on both ends. Power supply is big enough to re-animate Frankenstein. see photos If you want it, just pay for shipping from Minneapolis. The chassis also has side panels that...
  13. N

74LS chip speed, s100 hard disk controller

I'm curious about my Xebec S100 SASI host adapter. Most of it is 74LS TTL chips and it runs fine with a 6Mhz Z80 processor card in the bus. When I go to 8Mhz, then things break down, it will access the hard disk some, but eventually hang. Could it be possible to swap the 74LS chips out with...
  14. N

SCSI Analyzer

Anyone in the Minneapolis area have a SCSI Analyzer. I need to capture a log trace of a single ended SCSI device, it uses a 50 pin IDC ribbon cable. I've been researching older Verisys SCSI-View and they seem to do the trick. Much appreciated
  15. N

Toshiba T-Series external 5.25 floppy drive

Hello, Does anyone have experience with Toshiba's external 5.25 floppy drive add on? It's advertised for use with their T-series machines, model# PA7225U. It's a 360K drive that connects via the parallel port and then you flip a switch on the side of the computer case to assign the drive to...
  16. N

Anyone near Seattle Goodwill?

This system has an S100 bus inside with integrated monochrome screen. A nice little package, too bad they don't ship, I'd be all over that one. Looks to be in very good shape, I believe I have all the software necessary to make it run again...
  17. N

Teletek Computer is Alive!

*Happy Dance* After a couple weeks of tinkering around and rescuing a bunch of old disks (thanks Chuck!), my Teletek system is booting! Currently consisting of a Teletek Systemaster II (8Mhz Z80) and Teletec SBC-I (6Mhz Z80). Next challenge will be to attempt to add the 8086 Teletek board...
  18. N

Filtabyte Ethernet for S-100

An interesting S-100 board came up for auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Vintage-LRT-FILTABYTE-2-0-S-100-Board-Cards-/253129048756?hash=item3aefaac2b4:g:rgkAAOSwNm5Zqbju this board is said to be an Ethernet board for the S-100 (based on a google search). Anyone out there know more...
  19. N

IBM PC Clone for S-100

Hello All, I've been tinkering with an S-100 board that is an IBM PC Clone. After receiving some very valuable help from a friend, we've gotten to the point where there's output to the CGA monitor showing the BIOS messages. There's errors regarding the keyboard being dead and un-implemented...
  20. N

Help disassembling ROM image

I've got an S-100 board with a Z8 Super-8 processor on it. I've attached the ROM image, can anyone run this thru a disassembler for me? I have not been able to find a disassembler for the Z8, any help is appreciated! Thank You!!
Back