• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

Wanted: Tandon TM 100-1A 5.25" drive

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well. I'm looking for a working Tandon TM 100-1A full-height drive to replace the B: drive in my early Kaypro II. I've been working on the machine on and off for around a year and I've finally decided that the drive in there isn't worth fixing. (It's got...
  2. W

What 5.25" floppy drive do you guys use to write disk?

Hey guys, quick question. I have a early 2000's Dell Dimension 4500S that I'm planning on using to write Kaypro II disk images using this method from Tezza's site. It runs Windows XP currently, but I was thinking about either using a Win98 boot disk or doing a clean install since '98 has 5.25"...
  3. W

Just picked up a Kaypro II. Have some questions.

Hey everyone, wmh here! It's been over three years since I've posted on the VC forums, and it looks like a lot's changed since then. It's great to see most of you guys are still around though. :) Anyways, for the past year or so I've been looking for a solid Kaypro II to add to my "collection."...
  4. W

Trace command and printer output

Just wondering, does your output look kind of like this? On both my physical //c and AppleWin the TRACE command displays multiple numbers on each line...
  5. W

5.25" Floppy Drive in a Modern Machine?

As quite a few of you know, I'm probably going to be getting an IBM 5155 pretty soon. Instead of having to buy disks I want, I'd rather be able to download and burn images from my modern desktop. Blank disks are a little cheaper, if you know what I mean... :-) Is there any way to hook up a...
  6. W

VC Forums App?

Does anyone else think that there should be an app for the VC forums? I know I'd use it. Most of the time I access this site I'm on my phone, and using it with a mobile browser can be a real pain... What do you guys think?
  7. W

Windows 3.1x

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) Windows 3.1x is a series of 16-bit operating systems, produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers. The series began with Windows 3.1, which was first sold during March 1992 as a successor to...
  8. W

Apparently a Hyundia Super LT3 is for sale...

A user named john sanabria mistakenly posted the following in the wiki: I had to delete the wiki page, but I thought I'd do him a favor and repost this in the proper location...
  9. W

Has anyone else noticed this before?

Hey guys, I was messing around with my //c today when I happened across something unusual in the Monitor ROM. At $FAB4, there's some sort of memory card test routine. It fails instantly with "?OVERFLOW ERROR" and says that the "1MB Memory Card" failed. This is obviously inaccurate, but has...
  10. W

Gauging Opinion on the Raspberry Pi

Hey guys, Lately I've been doing some toying with the Raspberry Pi. See here (http://www.raspberrypi.org/) if you haven't heard about it yet. I think it's a great machine, and it can really change things if it ends up in the right hands. But I wanted to gauge opinion on it here; what do you...
  11. W

Terminal for Mac OS 9?

I finally got my iMac G3 to run OS 9.1. (Yay!) I was hoping that it'd have Terminal built in like OS X, but it doesn't. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks again for all your help, guys.
  12. W

Original iMac: Reinstalling OS 9

(Mods, feel free to move this if it doesn't belong.) Hey guys, Just acquired my first Mac today, an iMac (G3.) It's pretty awesome, and it even has OS 9.2 on the hard drive. But, as usual, I don't have the password to log on. So, I downloaded a copy of OS 9, and tried burning it with Windows...
  13. W

Need Help Writing Wiki Article

Hey guys, I've started an article on Diagnosing Common Apple II Problems in the Collecting and Using part of the wiki. Now I'm no expert on the real low-level stuff (you know, diagnosing bad chips and things) so I'm going to need some help writing the article. It could probably save all of us...
  14. W

Digital Equipment Corporation

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) Digital Equipment Corporation was a major American company in the computer industry and a leading vendor of computer systems, software and peripherals from the 1960s to the 1990s. Also known as...
  15. W

Hewlett-Packard

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) (Only includes information about Hewlett-Packard up to the vintage computer days.) Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ) or HP is an American multinational hardware and software corporation...
  16. W

Dell

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) (Only includes information about Dell in the vintage computer days.) Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) is an American multinational computer technology corporation based in 1 Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas...
  17. W

Juiced.GS

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) Juiced.GS is a print magazine/newsletter for Apple II computer users. Although the name implies a focus on the Apple iigs, its coverage encompasses all Apple II systems. It is the longest-running...
  18. W

Disk II

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) The Disk II Floppy Disk Subsystem, often spelled as Disk ][, was a 5¼-inch floppy disk drive designed by Steve Wozniak and manufactured by Apple Computer. It was first introduced in 1978 at a...
  19. W

Steve Jobs

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) (This article is incomplete.) Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs (/ˈdʒɒbz/; February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011)[6][7] was an American businessman and technology visionary. He is best known as the...
  20. W

Bill Gates

(Copied from Wikipedia; feel free to edit and add to this article, and then remove this notice.) William Henry "Bill" Gates III (born October 28, 1955)[4] is an American business magnate, computer programmer and philanthropist. Gates is the former chief executive and current chairman of...
Back