• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Fix Atari 400 Case

Or to make it even, a slice of vinyl strecthing from side to side will do ( for me anyway)☺😉
  2. R

Atari 400 aftermarket keyboard?

“The 400's flat keyboard isn't so bad.” Now that I see the one with normal keyboard, I love my Atari 400 with the flat keyboard....gives me the authentic and novelty look for my collection 😉😉
  3. R

My Rusted PET8032 with busted CRT ...continuous resurrection

Well, after a month of hiatus, waiting for a transistor (high voltage) that is the only one I suspect of getting damaged by my ‘shorting’ of the anode to CRT, I finally received a replacement. Sadly it is not the problem. One thing I notice is that when I power the 8032 on, I see small momentray...
  4. R

Where to get SD2IEC in the states?

That is a nice looking unit. I am baffled too on that audio connector labeled “serial”. As you mentioned that a IEC / DIN cable is soldered there, maybe the other IEC connector on the board is a “pass through “ for other devices. Comparing it with the schematic (thanks for sharing), the...
  5. R

A possibility for A Load-Diode/Resistor version of the Dallas RTC replacement?

Hi there .... have you looked / read this site... https://github.com/skiselev/compaq-portable-iii-battery
  6. R

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/SD2iEC_with_BROWSER_CARTRIDGE_for_COMMODORE_64.html Yes..he is a retailer and the only one (3 store) in the area that has more items in inventory. I built my latest SD2IEC by ordering a pcb from PCBWAY ( it is a shared project) so I still have four...
  7. R

In answer to OP ‘s request, I bought mine from Jim Brain. However, you to put it in case yourself and add the cables. As for the Atmega644 availabilty, my local store sells the for $18 CDN. https://store.go4retro.com/commodore/uiec-sd/
  8. R

So a BIG Disappointment today. I got my diodes and capacitor, installed them and tested. However, I got BLANK Screen. Expected brightness voltages are there, but this time I don’t get any horizontal beam or anything. My vertical/horizontal/video signals are present. However the expected 194V at...
  9. R

Commodore PET 2001-8 stuck on garbled screen

There is only one 2114 RAM on the C64. Mine is a breadbin type so the 2114 is located to the Right of the (8) RAMs area ( towards the middle).
  10. R

Commodore PET 2001-8 stuck on garbled screen

Hello...just been thru battling these 2114 RAMs in my pet, and being a Commodore C64 enthusiast, here is how I tested mine. Unsoldered the 2114 in my C64 and installed a socket. When 2114 is reinstalled, the boot screen should come up normal and readable characters. Now, I unsoldered those 4 -...
  11. R

I think I can pick that UF4007 locally. I was going to ask also about 1N5408 rated at 3A/1000volts but it is a common rectifier ( not a damper or Ultra fast one). My local store has it and I am planning to go there ( it is in downtown Vanvouver ~ 45 minutes drive). EDIT: They also have this...
  12. R

Thank you Dave/Hugo....will try to source the diodes locally. I noticed that the electrolytic 47uf/250 is also getting hot so I will to pick that one too Yes ...I took that capacitor out to test it and notice a slight bulge by my Chinese tester read 50uf sp I thought it is ok It will be awhile...
  13. R

Hello, Dave: I re-installed back the original HD46505SP CRT controller......and yes, there is 18V on the CRT board. Hugo: Following you advise, there is no -155v at the diode you mentioned above. In fact when I touched it the diode split into two (see pic). So I took the PCB out again, and...
  14. R

Hello...one more for 2022 So I followed the advises from above..... 1. Re- mounted the ‘replacement’ tube, checked all connections... —> still getting the bright line in the middle. 2. Started setting up for diagnostics ( scoping, continuity and voltage readings). I scoped and did a snapshot...
  15. R

Cannot use EPROM to replace character ROM in 4032.

Copied and also burned one from file to 2716...OK but this is for 8032
  16. R

Last time I installed the tube (hoping to be compatible one), my observations are I get a very bright line in the middle. Now I could align the horizontal line properly by rotating the Yoke and tightening it so it won't rotate. However, the bright line can not be dimmed or adjusted to have a...
  17. R

Salvaging the Commodore 64 'Brick-of-Death' epoxied power-supply and rebuilding it. (many pictures)

Nicely done. Appreciate you taking pictures during your process. I have done the same (chipping the epoxy) and carefully do away with the electronics and just save the Transformer. I said “carefully “ as I learned that you could possibly break the Transformer output wire so short from doing...
  18. R

Thanks...I will update once I got it setup again on my workbench. I put it aside as I was busy assembling a 4x16K Atari800XL Cartridge and compiling and programming the Game(X).bin file to eproms. I have multimeter(s), logic probe and a cheap USB Hantek 6022B (20Mhz) scope. I will try to scope...
  19. R

Thanks Dave / Hugo... I will do your advice and also do a good cleaning (IPA) of the pcb assembly ( it is still as is when it came from seller, check the solders and maybe even reflow any point of suspected cracks or cold solder. A link to the schematic would be very useful. I have the one at...
  20. R

I have slowed down on troubleshooting this 8032 CRT due to the holidays, etc. The whole 8032 CRT case assembly is dotted with some rusts that I had to use a rust removal on the metal cases before I re-install again and try the tube replacement ( I put it back into it’s original composite...
Back