• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

DOS/Windows batch files to launch executables from within CP/M?

Hi all, Does anybody know of a CP/M emulator that could be made to launch from an MS-DOS/Windows command line, using parameters within that command line to in turn make it launch a CP/M program? In other words, here's the sequence: 1. Kick off a batch file or enter a command line through...
  2. C

Who is scanning and archiving Apple II books nowadays?

I recently came into a stack of Apple II-related reference and programming books, and while I'm looking forward to working through them, I want to make sure they're available to the community as well. I think at some point there was somebody scanning in books and archiving them - am I correct on...
  3. C

Looking for advice on startup behavior - Kaypro 4/84 and Osborne 1A

I just picked up a Kaypro 4/84 and an Osborne 1A and have not had much luck finding complete users guide scans online. I've found technical manuals and pieces of the users guides, but this is my very first experience with these machines or CP/M at all, and so what I'm looking for is pretty much...
  4. C

Is there such a thing as an ADB KVM switch?

I have two ADB-era Macs (an LCIII+ and a PPC Power Mac tower) that are currently sharing a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and external SCSI Zip drive. In the month that the two machines have coexisted, I've just manually moved the cords over from one machine to the other, but I'm getting a bit tired...
  5. C

A sorta-kinda introduction to me and my collection ...

I've been here for about a year, so probably too much time to be able to still post a real hello over in the introduction forum, but I'd still like to introduce myself and my collection. So far I've spent most of my time over in the excellent PCs and Clones forum, but I'm hoping to branch out...
  6. C

XT-IDE not recognizing drives correctly

So, I picked up a 16-bit ISA NIC containing the XT-IDE BIOS and a 16-bit IDE card from dabone, who was kind enough to make them available to me. I installed both into my machine, but am having issues with XT-IDE recognizing my drives correctly. Here are the issues: - My CF card and adapter have...
  7. C

Trying to sort through Compact Flash options

Hi all, I've been trying to search the forum, search the web, and wade my way through the long XT-IDE thread, but I'm a bit lost and would appreciate some help and/or advice. I have a 16-64KB 5150 with a CGA card and a memory card that takes me up to 640K of RAM. I'm using a Zip drive for mass...
  8. C

Looking for some help/resources for my new/old IBM PC 5150

Hi all, My family owned an IBM 5150 for many years when I was a kid, and most of my formative computer experiences came on it, so when the vintage computing bug hit me a few months ago, I knew I'd eventually have to pick up a 5150--if only to reacquaint myself with that awesome clicky keyboard...
Back