• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. robbo007

IBM ISA 16 BIT 16/4 Token Ring Adapter issues

Hi guys, Has anyone setup the IBM ISA 16 BIT 16/4 Token Ring Adapter under MSDOS? I'm trying to use the IBM local area network support program 1.1 (DXMA0MOD.SYS and DXMC0MOD.SYS in my config.sys) which I used with my 8bit ISA Token Ring network adapter but its not detecting the card. Do I need...
  2. robbo007

As/400e Type: 9406 F2

Hi, I've managed to acquire an AS/400e type 9406 F2. Sticker on the back shows the OS400 is V4R3. The hard disks were removed from the bays but are included in a separate cardboard box. In order to try and maintain the data that was on those drives does each drive need to go back in the slot it...
  3. robbo007

IBM 5154 problems

Hi guys. I've got issues with my IBM 5154. I was having sync issues when in 21.85khz mode. I could not get a clear picture so I turned the RT301 (vertical frequency control) and it fried the power supply. I fixed the power supply then had a horizontal white line across the screen. So I tried...
  4. robbo007

MFM drive from Atari ST (SH204)

Hi, I've managed to repair a MFM drive from an Atari ST. Its the SH204 but the spindel on the drive now seems to get stuck when I turn it on. Sometimes it fires up but other times I need to give a slight push to get it working. Is there any way I can lubricate this so it does not get stuck? I...
  5. robbo007

Northern Europe Novell Netware 4.11 5 user license disk

Looking for a Novell Netware 4.11 5 user license disk. thannks
  6. robbo007

IBM 5154 monitor woes

Hi guys, I've recapped the power supply on the monitor as it did not power up. Caps were pretty shot. I've now got a screen like this when not connected to the PC. Any ideas what it could be? Visual inspection of everything else looks good. I gather I should be seeing a white screen when not...
  7. robbo007

IBM 5154 Monitor PSU

Hi, Is it possible to swap out the IBM 5154 120V (US) power supply for a 240V UK/European one? Or are there other electronics that would need to be replaced? Would a UK/European 240V IBM 5153 PSU work? Thanks,
  8. robbo007

IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter 8bit DMA

Hi guys, Does anyone know what DMA these cards use? I'm trying to get it to work with my SB 2.0 and it seems to use DMA1. I've tried putting eh SB2.0 in shared DMA mode but the token ring adapter fails to load. If I remove the SB2.0 the Token Ring works. The manual does not mention DMA but I'm...
  9. robbo007

Scratch removal IBM 5154 monitor

Hi guys. has anyone had success removing scratches from the glass of a IBM 5154 monitor? I see people have used cerium oxide to polish them out on other monitors. Does the 5154 have any type of antiglare coating on top of the glass? Would this make it worse if I were to try and polish it out...
  10. robbo007

5 1/4" Floppy disk woes..

Hi guys, So just trying to work out whats actual going on here. I come by quite a lot of software which I always archive. I use a mixture of devices and drives to achieve this. From my experience 3.5" seems to stand the test of time a little better than 5 1/4". The cleaning techniques and...
  11. robbo007

8" floppy drive. How to identify floppy file system format

Hi, I'm managed to get my Mitsubishi M2896-63 8" drive working on a P100 PC. I've found some SS SD floppies and a few DS DD. Whats the best way to identify the file system on the disks and possibly pull the data off? I don't want to format the disks until I can archive the data. Just in case its...
  12. robbo007

Texas WTB IBM 5154 EGA Montior

Hi, I'm looking to buy a IBM 5154. Working or not working. USA wide or Europe. Thanks, Rob
  13. robbo007

Olivetti M300-04 Video RAM

Hi guys, I've got a Olivetti M300-04 (386SX-20). The onboard video ram is Siemens looks like 2x 256k 70ns and checkit/norton seems to display 256/512k. So confused how much it really has, 256k or 512kb. The online manuals and info show the board layout with two onboard chips and 2 slots...
  14. robbo007

Western Europe WTB Shugart 860 8" floppy drive (World Wide)

Hi, I'm looking for a Shugart 860 8" floppy drive. Preferbely Europe but from anywhere in the world also.
  15. robbo007

Anderson and Jacobson ADC 260 Acoustic Coupler power

Hi guys, I've located an ADC 260 acoustic coupler and its missing the power cable. From the manual I see there are two ways to power it. Manual here (page 2) : http://w.bitsavers.org/communications/andersonJacobson/ADC260_Operating_Instructions.pdf 1. is via the teletype DB25 connector which I...
  16. robbo007

Schematics for Anderson Jacobson ADC 260 Acoustic Coupler

Hi guys, I managed to source a ADC 260 acoustic coupler. Going to start restoring it. Does anyone have the schematics ? I managed to find the "General Operating Instructions" but nothing else. Regards,
  17. robbo007

Can anyone identify this ISA card?

Hi guys, Can anyone identify this ISA card? Some sort of conversion or interface card? Regards,
  18. robbo007

IBM 5155 MFM Hard Disk dimensions

Hi guys, I managed to locate a hard disk for my IBM 5155. Its a Seagate ST 225. The plastic front cover seems bigger than the guides on the floppy bays (25mm bigger). Did IBM make a smaller plastic cover for these machines? I've measured it against my floppy drive and its a tiny bit bigger thus...
  19. robbo007

Roland MPU-401 eprom upgrade 1.5A

Hi, I've got a Roland MPU-401 with version 1.4B. Can I just burn version 1.5A to an MBM2732A-25 EPROM and slap it in? My MPU-401 does not have the rom embedded in the CPU like newer versions. The serial number is 54XXXX. Does anyone know the release notes for each version of the ROM? Thanks,
  20. robbo007

Sunblade 1000 issues

Hi, I have a Sunblade and Im seeing this error in the POST. "Read parameters from seeproms FAILED" Is this because its complaining about the sensors on UPA0 and UPA1? Or is it the RAM? What are the "Seeproms"? {0}Soft POR to the whole system {0}* Configure I2C controller 0 {0}* Configure...
Back