• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

ROM Needed for Remex 9000 Paper Tape Drive

Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anyone happened to have a Remex 9000 "The Director" tape drive? I have one that I can only guess I somehow touched the DB7 data pin to the nasty 26.4v DC line. I don't recall doing it, but the drive was working, I had the expansion card out (building my own)...
  2. K

Commander X16 - The 8 Bit Guy's Dream Computer Discussion Thread

Hello Everyone! For many months this year, we have been working with David Murray, The 8-Bit Guy, to design the motherboard for his "Dream Computer". This machine is now known as the Commander X16. David originally posted a video on this project back in February 2019. Part 1 of the...
  3. K

Victor 9000 Video Pinout / Specs?

Hello Everyone, I have a couple of Victor 9000 machines which I picked up without keyboards or monitors. I was lucky enough to snag two keyboards from eBay, but no luck on the monitor. I know it runs a 640x400 mode, but I cannot find any specs on the clock rate, or scan rate. I can't even...
  4. K

Litton ABS MiniComputer - Any info out there?

Hey Everyone, I recently made a cool find in the form of a Litton ABS Model 1601 Processor. I found info online about machines in this series, and it seems to be a small office accounting style device. I also received a bunch of paper tape for it with programs like general ledger, etc...
  5. K

Micro Switch 53RW4-1 Dated 39 Week of 1970 Mystery Keyboard - Any ideas?

Hello Everyone, I have an old keyboard that I was wondering if anyone could identify? I listed in on eBay today as I've had it for several years now, and I really don't think I'll ever get around to doing anything with it. However, I'm still very curious what it's original intention was...
  6. K

Does any one have the schematic for the Orchestra 90 for Model III & 4?

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone had the schematic for the Orchestra 90 for the Model III & 4? Not the CoCo version, I've already seen that one in the manual but haven't been able to find the other one. I read the saga of the gerber files, and I'm most certainly NOT looking for...
  7. K

Lo-Tech TRS-80 IDE Adapter - Issues

Hi Everyone, As many of you may know, James Pearce has licensed several of his boards to our store and we recently worked with him to offer the Lo-Tech TRS-80 IDE adapter. We finally got our PCBs in and we built several out. Before we list them however, I was planning to test them...
  8. K

TexElec.com Introduces the Resound OPL3 - 4 Channel 8 Bit ISA Card!

Hello Everyone, My name is Kevin Williams with TexElec.com. We are happy to introduce our newest card, the Resound OPL3 4 Channel card! Our board uses a Yamaha YMF262 (OPL3) chip and a little known feature to support 4 Channel output. While there are no games that support the extra two...
  9. K

Shugart 900-1 Floppy Drive

Hi Everyone, I know this is not specifically an S100 question, but it is 8" floppy related so I was hoping this would be the best place. I recently picked up what I thought were 4 Shugart SA-801 Floppy drives, but it turns out I have two labeled 900-1. The primary difference I can see is...
  10. K

Oh FreHd, how thou hath thwarted me!

Hi Everyone, Well, I'm stumped, and I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I bought three Kit B FreHD's about 1.5 years ago and built them all out. One worked right away, and another worked with a little SD card soldering fixes. The third however, never...
  11. K

Does anyone have the schematic for the 26-3022 disk controller?

Hello, I made a dumb-a$$ move! I was trying to hook +12v to a 26-3022 FDC controller to make it work on my COCO2, and without looking more closely, I accidentally wire +12v to PIN 3! This seems to have fried the CPU in my COCO2, so I ordered one on eBay. However, I was trying to track...
  12. K

IBM 5170 w/ AMI BIOS will not read, but will write to IDE disk

Hey Everyone, I have a few 5170's I'm working on and I hit a really weird issue. I am trying to use a 128mb DOM IDE module on a 16-bit IDE card with the AMI Bios in a 5170. I was able to make the chips, and it's coming up fine. The module I'm using has a geometry of 492 Cylinders, 16 heads...
  13. K

Tandy Model II with 8Mhz 68000 Board

Hello Everyone, I have a Tandy Model II working like a champ, and I was lucky enough to get ahold of an 8Mhz 68k board, and two 256k memory boards. This board seems to be the one used in a Tandy 6000, and minus the dual floppies and internal hard drive, I'm guessing this machine should...
  14. K

I now own a PDP 8/I, DF32, and more!

Hi Everyone! A lifelong dream has been fulfilled! I now own a 1968-era PDP-8/I! Sadly, I will likely be selling it, not restoring it as David Gesswein suggested that someone else would probably like to restore it, and I probably don't have the time now anyway. I bought it from an auction...
  15. K

Model II System Diagnostics Failure & Model 6000 68k board in Model II?

Hello Everyone, I have a Model II which seems to be working just fine. I am able to make 8" floppies on a PC I have with a Qumetrak 842, and almost all of the disk images I have tried work like a champ. Short of the keyboard needing to be rebuilt, it seems to be top notch. I found the...
Back