• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

PET 2001 Cursor flashes intermitently

I have a rather nice condition PET 2001, which mostly works OK. It has the 6550 RAM's and 6540 Basic-1 ROM's. It boots, shows the correct RAM, and basic programs seem to run OK. However, the cursor flashes intermittently and sometimes stops flashing completely. That made me suspect the IRQ...
  2. C

SuperPET Keyboard for APL

Hello all, my SuperPET doesn't have the keyboard stickers for APL, which makes it very difficult to use. Could someone who has a SuperPET with the APL stickers do me a huge favour and take a high-quality photo for me to use a reference please? Many thanks, Rob
  3. C

Tandon TM848-2 fuse

I have a Tandon TM848-2 8" floppy drive where the fuse next to the power connector has blown. No idea yet where the cause is, but I can find no info on the rating of the fuse, and it doesn't appear on the schematics, at least that I can find. Does anyone know what a suitable replacement would...
  4. C

DAMS IEEE cartridge for C64

Gents, I've got a clone of the DAMS IEEE cartridge for the C64, but unfortunately it's just died on me. As the EPROM was soldered into the board, I had never got around to reading the ROM contents, which is annoying, as I'm fairly certain that is what just died. Does anyone have a) a ROM image...
  5. C

Broken JU570-2 mechanism for 8250LP, SFD-1001

Hello Gents, A bit of a long shot here. This week I have mostly been going through my drives re-capping those that use the JU570-2 mechanisms with the leaking capacitor issue. The drives in my 8250LP work perfectly now, but one of them has a broken actuator on the latch shaft, it's the one...
  6. C

Mystery Component. What is 6.8nM ?

Hello All, I'm in the process of refurbishing an early switching PSU from a Commodore 8296D and I'm trying to identify the orange disc component in the attached image. I think it's a high voltage capacitor but I'm not certain, and neither do I understand the markings. If it is a cap, what is...
  7. C

Looking for PRG to measure rotation speed of IEEE drives on a PET or CBM-II

Gents, I am looking for a PRG that I can run on a PET or CBM-II to measure the RPM of a connected IEEE drive. I am certain I have used one within the last couple of years but all my searches today were fruitless. :-( Does such thing exist or am I remembering wrong? cheers, Rob
  8. C

Want to borrow or buy: 8 inch floppy alignment disk

Hello everyone, I recently acquired a Commodore 8280 8" floppy drive which looks it's spent the last thirty years outside in a barn. As such it needs completely stripping down and as I have no 8 inch disks other than unformatted blanks, I'd really like to borrow an alignment disk for...
  9. C

Unknown PPM PET roms

All, I acquired an 8096 SK a while back with some unknown ROMs - at least to me. When it boots it tries to load a file called "autoload" from device 8. The only clue I found to them was on a humanist website, which suggested that a company called PPM in Brookwood, Surrey, UK used to convert...
  10. C

PET software archive?

Hello all, Does an archive of commercial pet titles exist, either game or productivity? I know there's a few bits on zimmers and some PD stuff on TPUG but the PET has nothing like those that exist for it's descendants (vic, 64, plus4/c16 and amiga.) I recall that someone off this list (drea?)...
  11. C

PETulant PET Power

Hiya all, I have a recently restored an 8032 that has been giving me sporadic problems with blowing fuses. When I first got it, it was completely dead. After cleaning it all up, replacing one of the rectifiers, some RAM, a burnt out trace and removing the line filter, it's now working well...
  12. C

Composite picture from a CRTC PET

Gents, My preferred way to work on PET boards is to have the board out of the machine and hooked up to a bench supply and a small LCD monitor. This is easy using one of Matthew D'Asaro's composite adapters but they only work on the old non-CRTC PET's. They don't work on CRTC based PET's. Now...
  13. C

6550 RAM adapters for PET 2001

This was something I could have done with a couple of years ago when I was sourcing 6550 RAM's for a PET 2001 restoration. The seller has been selling composite adapters and 6540 ROM adapters for a while, and he now offers a nice little adapter allows you to replace a 6550 with the plentiful...
  14. C

Demo of a Commodore V364

Gents, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hr5k5DznH8 This is a demo I posted up onto youtube of a Commodore V364 which I just got working. If you're unfamiliar with it, the V364 was an unreleased talking computer which was developed by Commodore in early 1984 based on the under rated and...
  15. C

WTB: Working MFM drives, around the 20mb size, 4 or 6 heads

I've recently restored a Commodore D9060 hard drive but the bearings on the Tandon TM602 mechanism are on the way out by the sound. It's currently working and I've rescued all the files but I fear I'll soon be in need of a drive. Ideally I'd like a selection, because the controller board is...
  16. C

B-Series Power Supply Transformer

Good afternoon Gentlemen, Does anyone know the specs of the original power transformer in the low profile b-series machines PSU? I have a very beaten up Commodore 610 (B128 ) which has been modded to 256k at some point in the past. I am also assuming it’s spent time in the US or some other...
  17. C

Model 1 Keyboard servicing

Good evening gentlemen, I'm been swimming in the Commodore pool for some years now but this is my first dip into the TRS end. What's the water like here, is it warm and inviting to strangers?:surf: I have got my first TRS-80, so I'm very excited. It's a model-1 with level-II basic and it...
  18. C

Suggestion for Software I can leave running on a PET 2001

Good afternoon Gentlemen, I'm looking for some suggestions for interesting software that I could leave running on a PET 2001. I'm doing a talk in a few weeks on the "1977 Trinity" as coined by Byte magazine, which includes the PET and I've bought one into the office for people to look at and...
  19. C

Buy or Borrow: "Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer"

I've listened to the first few chapters of David Greelish's audio book of same and I would really like to read the whole book. Copies occasionally appear on ebay but usually want silly postage prices to Europe. cheers, Rob
  20. C

My son's 15 minutes of fame...

Hi all, My son Ben will get to have his face on a postage stamp in Switzerland if enough people vote for his picture on the Swiss Post website. If you're on FaceBook, follow the link below and click 'Gefällt Mir', which is German for 'Like Me'. If you prefer, you can also switch the site into...
Back