• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Tweener Light

Well, I finally got another Model 4 project done. I think I have been working on this for about 2 years. Its an external USB floppy disk for Windows. Currently I can create and read Model 4 MM CP/M images with a .Net app running on Windows 10. Its all pretty simple and low cost. I have included...
  2. F

Cheapo IDE interface problems

Here are some photos of my setup that I thought might help the discussion. I have it setup to plug into the back of a model 4p.
  3. F

Moving files between the PC and the Model 4

How to move PC floppy images to and from the TRS-80 Model 4 Introduction When I started my computer collection in 2010 I definitively wanted to include the TRS-80 Model 4p. I purchased one new back in my engineering days and have fond memories of messing around with MM CP/M. For my collection I...
  4. F

Model 4P power supply rating?

This is the supply I am thinking of using:
  5. F

Model 4P power supply rating?

Does anyone have a clue as to what the rating is for the 4 outputs? +5 +12 +12 regulated -12 Thank-you, Matt
  6. F

Cheapo IDE interface for Model 4p running MM CP/M

WooHoo! :eek: LDOS drivers appear to be working. I am sending the drivers to Frank for testing. Matt
  7. F

Ohm meter shots of the top and bottom of the board. Top, not shorted, odd. Bot, shorted. even. Pin 1 on right in first photo. 2nd photo is sort of upside down. What am I missing? Matt
  8. F

Here are the pictures for the model 4P I have. For orientation Pin 1 is on the right in both pictures. The ground lines are on the bottom of the connector and the signal lines are on the top. That puts even on the bottom and odd on the top. Matt
  9. F

Getting a little further with the LDOS drivers. There is some kind of Directory size issue I need to sort out but formatting is definitely working. Its the initialization part that is messing up.
  10. F

I am now able to get the 5.25 WD, the 2.5 Fujitsu and the Sanddisk 1 gig CF all working. WooHoo! I changed the 3 paralleled inverters back to one inverter. I then added an LS244 line driver and passed the output of U3B into two of the line drivers. One of the outputs of the line driver I...
  11. F

All good questions. Here is a pinout diagram for an ls04. In our case only 4 of the 6 inverting buffers are used. We can "parallel up" the remaining two buffers on the one that is being overloaded. So pins 3,13,11 would be tied together and pins 4,12,10 would be tied together. No pull-up for...
  12. F

I finally finished the ide interface for my model 4p. The interface will support ide drives as well as CF. It basically is made out of 3 ls logic chips, some resistors and a few connectors. Here are the pictures. Matt
  13. F

Model 4P Power supply connector update

I replaced the old tinned connector with a gold plated one. No more screen jitter! :D
  14. F

CatWeasel

Woot! I got my catweasel setup going. It converts my favorite RS cp/m diskettes back and forth to images no problem.
  15. F

Ethernet card for IBM PC XT

These two work well for my 8088 machines. I really like the parallel port one. Not sure about the drivers you want to use as far as compatibility. Ipx and netbui work fine. I did have MS TCPIP working with one of them. It was using a ton of memory so I pulled back to netbui only. I just needed a...
  16. F

WTB: Compaq III Memory Daughter Card and/or expansion chassis.

Looking for a couple of items to finish out my Compaq III. Thank-you. Matt
  17. F

Want 'discreet' PC-Card network adapter

CreditCard Ethernet CreditCard Ethernet Here is the "1u" ethernet card I have. Like someone said earlier the connector is pretty fragile. Matt
  18. F

XTIDE tech support thread

I have my two built up and working perfectly. A big thanks to Andrew and all those that have worked on this design! Matt
Back