• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

Control Data 9100 / SGI Iris Indigo

At the computer recycling non-profit I volunteer at, we had a Control Data 9100 series machine come in, which appears to be a rebranded SGI Iris Indigo. The computer is complete, no external peripherals, has a floppy drive and two hard drives installed. I didn't have a chance to test it out...
  2. H

Heathkit H8

At the non-profit I volunteer for, we have a donated Heathkit H8 system, with boxes of documentation, software, and additional cards (including an extender card). When I get a chance, I'll go through and document what we have. Is there anyone in the Reno, NV or northern California area that...
  3. H

Apple II style micro ATX case on Indiegogo

There's a pretty interesting Apple II style micro ATX case / keyboard project on Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/raadition-apple-ii-in-back-retro-computer-case It comes with a GPU riser to allow for a full-sized GPU, and has enough cooling to handle a fairly decent system. If it...
  4. H

ISA to PLUS adapter

If someone is interested in developing a Tandy PLUS card format XT-IDE or other card, I have a pair of ISA to PLUS adapters that allow a PLUS card to be used in a standard ISA slot. RS Cat. No. 25-1016
  5. H

Three TRS-80 Model II systems, no keyboards, Carson City Nevada

Computer Corps in Carson City, NV has three TRS-80 Model II systems, untested, without keyboards. As we know these systems don't survive shipping, I'm putting them up here for sale, contact me if you're interested. We may have some Model II software on hand, I'll have to check in a couple...
  6. H

ComputerCorps eBay listings

These systems were all tested by me while volunteering at ComputerCorps in Carson City, NV: Apple //c memory expansion system, no external power supply included, $75 SOLD: http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-IIC-NO-POWER-SUPPLY-/232338159929 SOLD Apple IIgs ROM 01 system, 4MB RAM, Zip GSX 7.5 Mhz...
  7. H

ComputerCorps Apple IIgs for sale

ComputerCorps has put the Apple IIgs ROM 01 system I built and tested up for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/apple-iigs-rom-01-system/232338289345 Here's a more complete writeup: Apple IIgs ROM 01 system with Zip GSX accelerator, Focus hard drive and 4MB of RAM Apple IIgs ROM 01 system with...
  8. H

Apple //c Lolly prototype

During my excavations while volunteering, I found an Apple //e case that looked to have a bodged in Apple //c motherboard. Closer examination found that it was an Apple //c "Lolly" development testbed, with custom bottom mounting plate, modified //e case, //c motherboard to //e power supply...
  9. H

Volunteering at non profit

I'm planning on volunteering for a non-profit that has an inventory of vintage Apple, IBM, Compaq and TRS-80/Tandy computers on hand that were donated and need to be tested. I was wondering if the group here would like me to post the eBay listings once they are put up for sale? And should I...
  10. H

Tandy 4850 EP

My father picked up a Tandy 4850 EP and VGM-441 monitor at an estate sale for me. Both are in near new condition, only the keyboard/mouse are missing. A Microsoft PS/2 keyboard and mouse work fine on it. 486DX2-50, 4 MB RAM on the system. I just got them home and powered up, the 120MB IDE...
  11. H

Raspberry Pi as Mockingboard D or AE IIc system clock emulator?

With a USB to serial adapter, it should be possible to set up a Raspeberry Pi to emulate a Mockingboard D or an AE IIc system clock. The system clock would likely be easiest to implement. How useful was a Mockingboard D? Is it worth taking the time to investigate / implement an emulator...
  12. H

Tandy 1000EX - ISA slot adapter and SCM-1a multifunction board

I just received a Tandy 1000EX I purchased off of eBay, with a home made plus to ISA slot cable adapter, WD-1004-27FX controller, Tandy 1000EX 640k/dma expansion, and a Progressive Computer Products SCM-1a dual serial / RTC card. The SCM-1a may require a driver for the clock, but I haven't been...
  13. H

"Microsoft" you have a virus scam - let them help my vintage computer

After I received yet another call from "Microsoft Technical Support" telling me that my computer has a virus (they can never tell me which one...), I've decided on another course of action. I'll talk them through the process on a vintage computer. :twisted: For my Tandy 1000TX, I'll say that...
  14. H

Woman recycles Apple I as e-waste

A woman in Milpitas, CA recycled her deceased husband's Apple I computer as e-waste. The recycling center sold it at auction for $200,000, and now wants to give her 1/2 the proceeds as per their policy, but can't find her...
  15. H

PC Transporter speed vs. Tandy 1000TX and 1000HX

I did a little benchmarking with an old copy of Norton Sysinfo V5.0 I found on a utility floppy from 25 years ago, and thought I'd share the results: System CPU Disk Overall PCT 2.4 6.3 3.7 1000TX 4.0 4.0 4.0 1000HX 1.2 Fail Fail Specs: PC Transporter with 7.16 Mhz NEC V30 CPU...
  16. H

Apple IIgs design

I just assembled a ROM 0 IIgs from spare parts, including the appropriate "Woz" edition case, power supply, and mainboard. This has to be one of the easiest to assemble machines I've ever seen, taking less than a minute from components to assembled. All in all, once of the simplest designs...
  17. H

1979 Revision 3 Apple ][ with Laser UDC

I just picked up an Apple ][ off of eBay, it supposedly had a bad power supply and the keyboard was typing 5 or more different keys per keypress. Power supply works fine (maybe it got jostled in shipping?), the keyboard was definitely bad. This isn't the first time it's had keyboard issues...
  18. H

Apple IIBF - Cortland Prototype

I just received my latest eBay find, what they had listed as a "Prototype Apple //e to IIgs upgrade" was actually a Cortland Apple IIBF (IIgs) development prototype, probably sent to a software developer...
  19. H

Replacement rubber feet for //e and peripherals available

You can get replacement rubber feet for the Apple //e, Unidisk 5.25, Duodisk and other Apple items from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-SJ5300-Self-Adhesive-Bumpers/dp/B002OTNGPQ/ I used these to replace the feet on my //e that were melting due to age (turned into a sticky mess)...
  20. H

Tandy 1000EX

I just picked up a Tandy 1000EX off of eBay, as it was my first real experience with an IBM PC type computer (before that, it was all Apple ][s). It was my friends PC, he ended up upgrading it to a 30MB external SCSI drive that used an ST-02 card connected via a card edge to header adapter...
Back