• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

AS/400 9402-F02 Service info needed

Any additional information you have would be appreciated! No rush at all, I doubt I will have any significant time to look at this until next week anyway.
  2. D

Thanks for the information! That confirms what I suspected that I have a power problem. I had already discovered the bad EPO switch and corrected it the same way you did -- switching the wire to the other pole. I guess this means a deep dive into the power supply . . . . Thanks again! Dan...
  3. D

I have just acquired a 9402-F02 that "worked when stored" . . that is displaying a SRC of 0000 0006. I have some hardware guides, but nothing older than a 9402-400 and this SRC is not mentioned in the manuals that I have. I am guessing that it is power related, and possibly has to do with...
  4. D

TI/99 4a clone

Ugh!! I do not recall exactly what I needed to change, but I do not think it was too significant. I will try to spend some time this weekend and review what I have and see if I can figure it out. I do know that MOST of my changes were around adding the extra 32K of RAM and fitting a grom...
  5. D

TI/99 4a clone

There are several companies that create them, in this case I used Maxkeyboard.com. All you need to do is create a template file with the graphics you want printed (a svg file) and select the layout and colors. Dan
  6. D

TI/99 4a clone

The custom keycaps have arrived and look pretty good. Still waiting on the "final" (hopefully) PCB for the main console so that I can test. I will keep the repo updated as I work through any problems that arise. The only modification I need to make is to put a hole in the Alpha Lock key to...
  7. D

TI/99 4a clone

Well . . . knowing that existed could have saved me some work :) -- and pretty much eliminates the need for me to continue on with the "next version" of this project as it is already way ahead of where I am with the project. I will probably put the finishing touches on what I have and then...
  8. D

TI/99 4a clone

Thanks for the heads up!! I have ordered a few of these. Dan
  9. D

TI/99 4a clone

A small update to above -- I was provided a link to a source of TMS5220 speech chips that would allow for a speech synth replica, so I did order some. I sill need to figure out how to replace the speech ROM which is still unobtainium, but I think that is possible. Dan
  10. D

TI/99 4a clone

That is not a terrible idea . .. . It already has the 32K ram onboard (a touch better, in fact since it is 16bit wide), adding the serial port would be trivial and the disk drive would not be too much harder. The speech synth would be possible as well, although I have not found an acceptable...
  11. D

TI/99 4a clone

Getting closer . . . I still have more testing to do, but the latest prototype now has the on-board socket for cartridges working. I have one more round of boards to do, but I expect that set will be a reasonably complete system.
  12. D

TI/99 4a clone

Another idea I am toying with is to create a version of the board that will fit in a PEB . . . that will likely be a V1.5 of the project. It will give me an excuse to buy a second PEB :) Dan
  13. D

TI/99 4a clone

I guess I missed your first question on "when" . . . I have another set of PCBs on the way, assuming they work and get through the testing process I should have the documentation finished shortly after. Once that is done, it is a simple matter to go out to the repo get the files and order...
  14. D

TI/99 4a clone

GROMs are pretty simple devices . . . the ESP32 has a copy of the 3 GROM images and then feeds them byte at a time to the TI as requested. The source code is out in the github repo if you want to see the details . . . it is located in the "unicorn board" folder. . .
  15. D

TI/99 4a clone

Not yet . . . I think that would make a good "V2" though. I would need to learn a ton more about the Geneve first. . .
  16. D

TI/99 4a clone

I have been working on a clone board for the TI99/4a and have finally had a bit of success. I was able to obtain the "standard" TI chips (9900,9904, SN76489, 9918 & 9901) off e-bay fairly easily and I am emulating the GROM chips with an ESP32 microcontroller (the irony is not lost on me that...
  17. D

New Dragon 64 clone

For the past few months I have been working on PCB for a Dragon 64 clone. At this point I have the basic system up and running along with an integrated DragonDOS floppy controller and a mechanical keyboard. Project details here: https://github.com/danwerner21/Dragon64 All of the Gerbers and...
  18. D

Apple II Wifi modem card – gauging interest

Project files can be found here: https://github.com/danwerner21/AII-WIFI Note that I have not spent any time cleaning this up or creating any documentation. It is expected that the ESP32 has Bo Zimmerman's wifi firmware loaded. (https://github.com/bozimmerman/Zimodem) I have created a...
  19. D

New Vic-20 Clone

Finally, the VIC-2020 is working well and is far enough along where I can publish all of the project materials. The board works great and has passed all of my initial tests. I really like the Cherry MX keyboard and the custom printed keycaps. All of the KiCad files, Gerber files and the...
  20. D

Apple II Wifi modem card – gauging interest

I am not moving very fast, but the boards seem to check out. I just need to put some documentation together and post a link.
Back