• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

PSU clicking issue (Wang)

Hi all, I recently picked up a Wang MC350/16S (386SX) from a skip in a university.. The trouble is the PSU is clicking raplidly when plugged in (relay sounding click). I have opened the PSU and I cannot find any damaged looking capacitors, the board is surprisingly spotless. The 2 fuses are fine...
  2. I

Can anyone identify this card?

Hi all, I recently got another IBM 5150 (a later revision this time, 64-256kb edition) which had the top shell of a 5161; needless to say I was slightly disappointed it wasn't one in the end! :p Anyway I am not sure what type of card this is; I couldn't find a thing about it on Google. I am...
  3. I

Commodore PET 2001-32N monitor problem

Hi again! Got a new PET.. again with a monitor problem... I tried holding the flourescent bulb against the high voltage line like the last PET you guys helped fix - but this time it did not glow.. I plugged a Commodore Casette player into the back of it which works; so it is receiving power. I...
  4. I

Commodore PET 8032-B monitor issue

Hi there I got a Commodore PET 8032-B today but the monitor doesn't show anything on the screen. It beeps when powered on, beeps when you hold down the space key after a few seconds The tube glows on the CRT/ None of the chips seem to get hot after being left on for a period of time and nothing...
  5. I

Need help identifying PC

Hi all Picked up an odd one today.. It's a "Zenith datasystems" machine with (aparently) no identifying model number. Originally I thought it was an XT clone or something but there was really weird expansion ports inside and an odd layout for a motherboard. Also the CPU has the markings...
  6. I

Installing win95 drivers

Hi there I recently pulled a Pentium-S from a skip and today I decided to have a look at it. I fitted it with a CD-RW drive and it picked that up fine. I put in a CMI8738 soundcard and downloaded the drivers onto it from my FTP server (it has an ethernet card in it); It recognizes that these are...
  7. I

486 HDD problem

Hi all I recently got a Cyrix 486 (100MHz) PC. The hard drive in it was broken (confirmed with a USB ATA reader later on). Anyway none of my other drives work with it (they're about 10GB in size, which I thought would be acceptable for a computer from 1995/6?) There's no ATA ports on the...
  8. I

Couple of questions about 5150

Hi all, Bought an XT on eBay but a 5150 arrived instead (I guess the seller didn't know it was a 5150, the picture was blurry). Sold as spares or repairs. When I powered it on at work it threw garbage up on the screen ( I didn't have any disks with me, I wasn't expecting it to arrive until...
  9. I

Anyone know what this is?

I can't find any information on this; not even sure if it's a computer but it has a keyboard.... Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I can't identify the maker. T-VT 6000
  10. I

EGA or CGA?

Hi there, Is there any easy way to tell if a video card is EGA or CGA considering they have the same connector? I have an IBM XT which has an EGA card and monitor, and I just acquired another one but I have no idea if it is EGA or CGA and I don't want to risk damaging either the monitor or...
  11. I

Macintosh SE "Bus Error"

Hi there, I got ahold of a Macintosh SE that's been in storage for some time. When it powers on the "happy" Mac Face is shown, along with the "Welcome to Macintosh" message (the os is on a hard disk, I have no floppies or any other macs). After that though, I get a message telling me there's a...
  12. I

Ibm 5160

Hi all, I recently got an IBM XT and I have a few questions about it: 1) There's a switch at the back with has 88 written on one side and 86 on the other. My best guess is that this is for compatibility between the two processors, but I'm not sure? 2)I have a parallel to ethernet adapter. Is it...
Back