• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

World changing Computer Problems in 1968

Hi everyone, I'm doing research for a time-travel/alternate history novel. Short version: What if someone found themselves in 1968 with modern computer hardware, the ability to run mainframe software (using Hercules) and can interface with such systems? Plus a usual bevy of modern software...
  2. M

"Vintage" Other Hardware

Recently, I've been acquiring some additional hardware. Not vintage in the old computer sense but networking hardware and previous generation 1U rack machines being retired from service. I've got a Cisco 2509 terminal server and a pair of Cisco 3620 routers. I'm using the 2509 to manage the...
  3. M

Free to Good Home: SGI Hardware

All, I am cleaning out my storage unit and have a number of machines I like to find new homes for. I'm keeping some (Octane, pair of Indigos, some Suns) but I have some that might be of interest to a collector. These are free to a good home. If you want them and you are unable to pick up or...
  4. M

Old PC CD-ROM Games

I need to clear shelf space so I have the following PC CD-ROM games I would like to get rid of. All are in original packaging with original CDs and are complete. Jane's F-15 Jane's ATF Jane's Apache AH-64D Longbow Activision BattleZone Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven (Still in...
  5. M

WP2DOS and Linux

Has anyone successfully gotten WP2DOS to work in a DOSBox (or other software) under Linux? I am trying to get my Tandy WP-2 to talk to my Linux box so I can move files back and forth. If not, is there interest in a modern replacement for WP2DOS for Linux/Windows/Mac? I've been tinkering with...
  6. M

VIC-20 and Mouse

Does anyone have any knowledge of anyone ever trying to get a mouse to work with the VIC-20? I'm sure the question has to be bordering on insanity. I've been working on getting my feet wet again in the old hardware and been tinkering with RS-232 programming. I have an Omnitronix RS232 box on...
  7. M

Return to Vintage Computing

Hello all, I'm a returning vintage collector. Been a bit out of the game for a couple years but having moved, I am finally pulling my old hardware out of storage and getting it back up and running. I'm having fun with all the old machines and trying to round out my small collection. Here's...
  8. M

Wanted: IBM ThinkPad 510cs Laptop

Hi all, I am interested in getting an IBM Thinkpad 510cs subnotebook. I had one over 10 years ago and I would love to have another one. If anyone has one that is functional and complete, I'd be interested. Matt
  9. M

Floating Point Systems AP-120B Array Processor

Hi all, I have the opportunity to acquire a partial (no PSU, no front panel) Floating Point System AP-120B array processor. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is essentially a mini-supercomputer geared to fast floating point calculations. It was hooked up to another computer...
  10. M

Tandy 1500HD

Hi all, I just brought my bargain Tandy 1500HD back to life. I bought the machine for $1. The seller advertised it as having hard drive issues. When turned on, it wouldn't read the drive. So I download FreeDOS 1.0 and began to play. The initial boot disk froze the machine. I found a...
  11. M

Just filled my apartment!

Hi all, Just returned from a 700 mile round trip road trip to pick up some stray hardware in need of a home. I guess my vintage collection has officially been augmented. I just picked up the following: Vintage: SGI Personal Iris 4D/25 SGI Personal Iris 4D/35 Personal Iris keyboard Both...
  12. M

A Blast from my Past - Computer Spacegames

All, I picked up this little gem recently off eBay. I used to check this book out of my local library when I was a kid and had my first computer (Timex Sinclair 1000). Decided it might be worth having to relive some memories with and boy has it. Item here...
  13. M

Sort-of Vintage (for Unix)

Hi all, I'm into collecting of vintage and older Unix boxes, specifically workstations. I do have one kind of vintage PC (Dell P90) in active service as my Internet firewall (isn't Linux grand). What I've had: Commodore VIC-20 Apple IIe Atari 800XL Bondwell 800 XT laptop (B&W CGA with 2 3.5...
  14. M

Greetings from Silver Spring

Hello All, I'm not sure if what I am into is considered "vintage". My interest is in early and recently obsoleted Unix workstations. I learned about Unix when MSDOS 3.3 was hot stuff when I was in high school and graphical Unix workstations were like the machines of the Gods. Sun, HP...
Back