• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Retro console gaming?

I've never used rails. It just sort of slides in the slot without them. I do put a little padding on the "front" of the drive so it doesn't rattle around.
  2. R

Retro console gaming?

You will hate trying to transfer anything to the HD over the network port. It's a terribly slow connection, not even close to even 100M wire speed. The much faster way is to connect the HD to a PC with tools that can deal with the PS2 format. Only trouble is physically moving the drive. There...
  3. R

Raw HDD cloning tool for DOS?

In the old days, you just hooked up two drives, fdisk/format/sys it, and used xcopy. That was cloning before NT4. I'm pretty sure it even worked up to Win98, but by then we'd use ghost.
  4. R

The South FS: Atari 130XE and 800XL

800XL is sold. Looks like I can't edit the original post. 130XE still available.
  5. R

The South FS: Atari 130XE and 800XL

Atari 800XL Computer Chroma mod added Completely cleaned and tested. Working 100% $175 Atari 130XE Computer Completely cleaned and tested. Working 100% $225 I entertain reasonable offers for both, and will ship in the US. No power supplies or cables or cartridges included. I recommend a...
  6. R

The South FS: Atari 1200XL

This was sold. There seems to be a lot of people from Europe wanting these...
  7. R

The South FS: Atari 1200XL

Good condition. Tested 100% Keyboard is fine with original mylar. Asking $275 with original power supply and BASIC cart (if you need it) plus shipping from 30907 USA. Any questions, just ask!
  8. R

Crystal 4237b/IPLAW35 sound card won't work on my 286

Really you should just stick it in a 486 and see if it works or not. If so, then it's your 286. You are trying to use 90's hardware in an 80's computer- it may not work.
  9. R

Commodore 1311 joysticks - Are they really that bad?

I still find boxes of crusty joysticks at the flea market. I have probably 50 of them in a box somewhere... If you are willing to put in the time cleaning them, you can always get a few spares working.
  10. R

The South FS: KayPro I Computer

This was sold. Thank you!
  11. R

Commodore 1311 joysticks - Are they really that bad?

I like the "Slik-Stik". They are very durable (no little metal dimpels inside) and responsive. The funny thing is- the main joystick part is an auto tire valve!
  12. R

Commodore 1525 Printer Ribbons

Yes, but I only need one... :)
  13. R

Intel "Chat Pad"?

You did find a prototype ChatPad. Probably you will never find the PC Host software for it unless it was found at the same time, so it will not be useful.
  14. R

I ended up just buying another printer that had a ribbon in it already, so hopefully I can make one of them work! Thanks, though. If anyone has spares, I would still like one.
  15. R

1.2MB drive CANT read 360K

You should not format and try to use 40-tracks on an 80-track drive. If you do, it will often not be compatible with a real 40-track drive. You will regret trying to do this in most cases unless you have a way to completely magnetically erase the disk.
  16. R

So I picked up a really nice, almost new looking, CBM 1525. Turns out it basicallly *is* new- it still has the packing cover on the bar where the printer ribbon would go, but doesn't have a printer ribbon! Normally, that would be fine, I can spend a few bucks on a ribbon, but holy crap- they...
  17. R

DIP Sockets - Which should I order?

My experience with machine/round pin sockets seems to be the opposite of some. I don't understand the attraction. Every time I've tried to use them (repairing C64's, etc) the chips pop out of the sockets on me, or don't make good connection. Even worse using strips, since they can be different...
  18. R

How toxic is old thermal paste (beryllium oxide)?

Supposedly, Gasoline was a byproduct (waste) of producing Kerosene and was "discarded" for decades.
Back