• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Apple IIe PAL 1982 Motherboard

After some consderation, I decided it might be easier to get a whole new mainboard instead. If anyone has a PAL mainboard for an Apple IIe, or even a cheap non function Apple IIe, preferably in Australia, I'd be interested. Thanks again
  2. G

Apple IIe IOU - 344-0022

I'm looking for this chip (344-0022). It's the IOU chip for my Apple IIe which I believe is faulty. If anyone has one, preferably in Australia, I'd be most pleased to buy it. Thanks
  3. G

Apple IIe, no video no disk noises. Completely silent.

Recently picked up a nice Apple IIe. I enjoyed the IIe platinum I recently got that I couldn't help the urge to get an original model. It was very dusty when I got it however, it did apparently work a few months ago. I took it home and plugged it in (as I wanted to make sure it did work...
  4. G

Portapak II CP/M boot disk needed.

I have a Portapak II which is an Australian made CP/M type system however, I get diagonal lines on the screen. I have been able to boot to CP/M once or twice although there were disk read errors and I could not get to the A:/ prompt. I believe the drives are aligned as it will boot up as I've...
  5. G

Blank screen on Osborne executive boot up

Hello everyone, I've been messing around with an Osborne Executive lately trying to get it going. At some stage the power supply had been replaced with an ATX one but I've checked all the voltages and it is all good. The problem is most of the time, when I boot the computer up I am left with a...
  6. G

New to Amigas- Amiga 1000 disks?

Hello everyone, I'm mostly a PC guy but I was lucky in a lot to get a boxed Amiga 1000 with RAM. This is my first time with an Amiga so I know practically nothing but I'm just wondering where or how to get boot disks for this thing? I turn it on and it prompts me for Kickstart and Workbench...
  7. G

Osborne Executive will not boot.

I have an Osborne Executive which I recently got. The power supply must have failed as the person I bought it from had replaced it with a modern ATX type. Regardless, the machine boots up and gets to "insert boot diskette screen". It did originally have boot disks but I made some from the images...
  8. G

Testing a CTM 644 without a CPC.

I recently bought a lot of comps but included was a CTM644. Since I already have a colour monitor I was thinking of parting with this one. However, before I do, I'd like to see if it works. I was wondering if there is anyway I could connect it a Composite source or another old computer with...
  9. G

Socket 3 Mobo problems

Hello, I know it's been a while. Been very busy the past couple years but I'm back to it. I recently got a Socket 3 System with a 5x86 installed and it ran win 95 quite well. However, I also wanted to use the system for testing some 486 chips. So I took out the Pentium 5x86 and put in the 486...
  10. G

386DX mobo, preferably with SIPP slots

So I got an Archmont 386SX machine and the mobo was toast. I already have an 386SX so I was thinking about getting a 386DX. The SX board used SIPP ram and I now have some spare sipp ram and I would like to utilise it. The computer had all the parts except the HDD which I have replaced with a...
  11. G

Restoring the 5150 PSU PSU

After much debate as to wether I should repair or replace, I have chosen the genuine but much harder path of repairing. Today I went out and got an allsort of electronic tidbits, mostly caps. I replaced electrolytic caps bar the 2 220uf 200v as none were in stock at the place of purchase. After...
  12. G

Identifing tantalum caps values.

I have worked and identified tantalums before but this has me stumped. A while back I purchased a NEC EGA card with the eventually use using in my 5170. However, the card did not work and repair would be required. The board looks to be in very good condition and my only suspect are the 11...
  13. G

Purchasing computers with battery leaks.

Since I got my Model 65sx going, I've been fasinated with the 386 achitecture. However, the Model 65sx brought consideraby restrictions upon me. The most annoying of theses restictions was that it only used MCA and thus the installation of other cards that I have (95%ISA) is not possible. So I...
  14. G

Altair 8800 in Australia

I could not believe this when I saw it. A Altair 8800 in Australia with disk drives and keyboard. Pretty incredible. $5000 i think, is a reasonable price for this system. I don't have the money to get it or the knowhow to run it so I thought I would share...
  15. G

Were 5155's ever sold in Australia?

I assume they were its just that I have not seen one in 5 years on eBay. I know they were not "popular" but I assume that IBM must of sold at least some. If someone does have an Australian bought 5155, could you tell me if it is made in Australia or the USA. I have seen many 5150's and 5160's...
  16. G

Tallgrass Hardfile system for the 5150

So I got a Tallgrass hardfile subsystem for the IBM 5150. Right now it is performing a format. I will give an update on it's status when it finishes. I have a question. I have the original manual and software for the Tallgrass hardfile system (in an IBM PC style binder). I am willing to image...
  17. G

How do you remove the analogue board from a compact Mac?

So somehow, I managed, with a long sahft, flathead screwdriver, to open the case. My mac SE FDHD has a problem where the screen has a vertical line down the middle. I have read this is related to cracked solder joints on the analogue board. So how do I remove the analogue board? There is...
  18. G

5150 won't power on. Dead?

And I thought the Quadboard was the worst of my troubles. It now seems to be that the 5150 has died completely. I have plugged it in, used different cables but not a sign of life. Does anybody knwo if there is a remedy for this? EDIT: I've opened the system up. Devoid of power. The power supply...
  19. G

Wanted: Quadram Quadboard 256k

I'm looking for a working Quadram Quadboard 256k version (4 banks). If you have one in Australia or worldwide at a reasonable price, PM me. Also, I have the RAM so that isn't an issue.
  20. G

Quadram Quadboard problems on my 5150

So the 5150 arrived yesterday and it all works fine except for the Quadram Quadboard. More on that later. Anyway, i thought that the half height drive installed was a Ye,Data; it is not, it is a Alps drive that looks like a YeData and uses the same solenoid as the Yedata and also has the clunk...
Back