• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

286 Accelator Mandax

I happen to have few of these. If anybody is interested, PM me. Cheap. EU preferrable. 286 Accelator Mandax
  2. A

MTCP DHCP lease 60

Since I changed my home network all my DOS computers claim their DHCP lease time is 60s :-) As there in no way to use such short lived automatically configured tcp.cfg file, I had to resort to static IP addresses. My guess is it is most probably not a bug in mTCP. Is there any way to inspect...
  3. A

MAT 286 - oscillators question

Hi, I have this 286/1MB RAM, HT12, QUADTEL BIOS mobo (real picture). Is seems to work. I've only tested it till it complains about CMOS failure. I removed the battery and cleaned the board with IPA to stop further damages. Stason links...
  4. A

8048 Assembler

Was there CP/M 8048 assembler/linker with documentation and can be used for MCS-48 family? I found two products (asmb8048, X8748) but with no documentation, and I can not make them do anything.
  5. A

Bdos Err On C: R/O

I have been tracking this now for two weeks or so. I have a SBC CP/M2.2 with two floppy drives attached. That works well for me. But as I have on my table also huge 8 inch Hungarian drive with 500kB capacity I wanted to use it too. First when I only replaced second 1.2MB 5,25" B: drive with the...
  6. A

CBM PC10-III on-board video card problem - Plantronics ColorPlus compatible

Hi Folks, I dug out my Commodore PC10-II and PC10-III CGA equipped machines after long long time. They both worked for a while when the smaller brother PC10-III suddenly died. Now it only beeps one long two short which indicates (IMHO) video card problem. What's even worse, I can not get VGA...
  7. A

286 BIOS Save

I have three 286 MOBOs and would like to dump their BIOSes as I rotate the computers and send to minuszerodegreees. I have found this site: http://chukaev.ru54.com/bios_en.htm but none of my BIOSes seems to be there. So I am basically asking if anybody has a utility or knows a way how to dump...
  8. A

ATA IDE puzzles

Hi, I'v been experimenting with IDE interface on my 8085 CP/M board. IDE is connected to a 8255 PIO. I implemented my own CP/M utility to interact with IDE device. I am getting many surprises. I will start with two CF cards. First SanDisk 16MB drive ID command returns this: Model: SanDisk...
  9. A

8" floppy storage (box)

Hi, I have started using 8 inch diskettes and have obvious problem. There seems to be no existing plastic storage box, so that I could for example stack 5.25" diskettes box on top of it without risk of damage to the 8" diskettes. What are you using for storing your 8" diskettes? There were even...
  10. A

xsub

Right now I have file cp.sub which contains many pip b:=a:something lines. When I run "submit cp" it copies all the files to B: drive. The problem is, pip is loaded every time for each file which is very slow. XSUB might enable me to load pip into memory and then feed only file names to the pip...
  11. A

CP/M Games

Folks, does anybody have Catchum, Pilots, Wurmi, Labyrinth and other games? http://www.robotrontechnik.de/index.htm?/html/computer/k1520.htm So far I have found only Ladder.
  12. A

IBM EGA font

Hi folks, does anyone know how the 8x14 EGA font is stored(organized) in 16kB IBM-EGA ROM? And is it the same font as in vt220l.814 file all over internet? I still miss the structure of that file. For example in CGA 8k ROM, the 8x8 font definition is twice, thin and thick versions. Thin version...
  13. A

Help id'ing 8" drive

Can anybody identify this drive? Only this one picture is available.
  14. A

How to lock out bad sector

I have a 360k floppy disk, formatted to 18x256byte physical sectors per track that has one bad sector - track 37, head 1, sector 11. I would like to lock out that sector from use. Here is what I tried. A>stat dsk: A: DRIVE CHARACTERISTICS 2880: 128 BYTE RECORD CAPACITY 360: KILOBYTE...
  15. A

286/20 1MB PC Chips

Hi, I was given a very fast 20MHz 286 HARRIS CPU MOBO with 1MB RAM populated with DIP chips. It also has provision for SIPP RAMs. So I wanted to load DOS high or to make any meaningful use of those extra 384kB of RAM. I found out the chipset is PC Chips. I also found some PC Chips Inc. Utility...
  16. A

Generating new floppy based system

Hello. I will probaly have more questions over time as I will progress. To get me started I would like to ask about the way CP/M boots. Suppose I have finished BIOS (which is not done yet) and I want to create bootable diskette. I have a col start loader in EPROM wich reads first sector. First...
  17. A

ATI Small Wonder with composite out

Hi, I am looking for ATI Small Wonder ISA card, with working composite out. I am in continental Europe. Thanks.
  18. A

CGA MCG2502 composite components

Hello, I have a CGA RAM MCG2502 card, that has some components missing. Obviosly they would be there for composite out connected to pin 7 of the 9-DSUB connector. I can not use the card without composite out. So I searched for some pictures hopin that I could find photo wit fully populated...
  19. A

Pc10-iii bios

Hi, did anybody did succesful disassembly of any PC10/20-III BIOSes ? I was basically trying to patch the BIOS and found that the computer is unbootable. At first I tried to get rid of message "Drive A: bad" and "Press F1 to continue". I installed HD floppy on secondary channel and this message...
  20. A

8087 emulator for 8088

Hi, I know there was such a thing because I used it 20 years ago on my XT for AutoCAD10. I can not find anymore. I can only find em87 and emul87 but they are for 286/386 CPUs. Does anybody have it ? BTW I have a real 8087 ..
Back