• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. KM11

Theory of operation of H7441 regulator

My apologies for wasting your time.
  2. KM11

Theory of operation of H7441 regulator

I see that someone has already provided an explanation, but you may also find some items of interest in the following DEC document beginning on page 3-10: DEC-11-HBKEF-A-D BA11-K Mounting Box Manual
  3. KM11

PDP-11/34 restoration

The ribbon connection seems to be one of the more common failure points of the keypad. You may find the video link below interesting (particularly around 20:00), although I should point out that this fellow appears to be learning as he goes (no criticism intended), so some things he says may be...
  4. KM11

PDP-11/34 restoration

Nice work on the power supply. I had a similar experience with an H777 supply in a PDP-11/24 a while ago where the crowbar kept triggering due to a bad electrolytic. I find it interesting though that you have an H754 regulator since that would indicate to me that your machine has (or had) core...
  5. KM11

PDP-11/34 restoration

I must say that you have an “interesting” example of an M9312 and that I would not expect it to work well in a PDP-11/34 configured as is. Referencing http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/unibus/M9312_TechRef.pdf as well as my own M9312 from a functional 11/34A, I can see three immediate concerns...
  6. KM11

PDP-11/35 at the RICM

That works, thank you.
  7. KM11

PDP-11/35 at the RICM

Well, I'm unable to view that image, but I find this very interesting. Maybe what I thought was the typical chassis is actually the exception.
  8. KM11

PDP-11/35 at the RICM

I am curious as to which PDP-11/35 chassis you have. One PDP-11/35 I am well acquainted with came in a BA11-D mounting box where the power supply is found at the rear (similar to the BA11-K), but I have seen two other examples in a chassis that had the power supply mounted along the side...
  9. KM11

VT220 with pidp11

That's great news! Glad to hear you got it working.
  10. KM11

VT220 with pidp11

So, a few more thoughts. The fact that Midnight Commander now works as expected seems to confirm that character set translation on the Pi is no longer an issue. If KED is still misbehaving, then I think you need to look more closely at SIMH. VT100 terminals can operate in 7-bit ASCII mode or...
  11. KM11

VT220 with pidp11

I suspect your problem may be due to a mismatch in character set translation between the terminal and the Pi. The Pi is likely set to "en_US.UTF-8" (which can be confirmed by executing the "locale" command), but Unicode wasn't created until 1991, almost a decade after the VT220 was released...
  12. KM11

How to unplug MATE-N-LOK connectors?

I assumed that Mate-N-Lok connectors were made of nylon which tends to swell over time thereby making them difficult to separate. Providing there is sufficient room to work, I have had success in the past by pushing a wooden Popsicle stick under the "loop" and against the latching arm, then...
  13. KM11

BA11-L mounting brackets.

This topic has certainly generated more discussion than I would have expected. With respect to mounting of the BA11-L enclosure, I think you may find the following document of interest: http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/1124/EK-11024-TM-001_PDP11_24_System_Technical_Manual_Jun81.pdf...
  14. KM11

My first response to your post was based upon recollection of how my enclosures had been mounted, but your photos made me wonder how accurate my memory was, so I investigated further over the weekend. I personally rescued one of the enclosures and all the mounting hardware from a DEC H9645...
  15. KM11

I have two such machines and neither is presently mounted in a rack, but it is not clear to me what you need photos of. The BA11-L chassis slides into a metal enclosure ("envelope") that is secured to the rack with four 10-32 screws and KEP nuts at the front and two at the rear. A chassis...
  16. KM11

PiDP-8/I

Just curious if anyone here has seen any correspondence from our friend Oscar regarding his PiDP-8/I project. I added my name to his interested parties list on May 1 and haven’t seen anything yet, but happened to notice an update on his Wiki over the weekend saying that everyone who had...
  17. KM11

PDP-11/45 on eBay

Every so often something like this shows up. This one is big and heavy and has a "Buy It Now" price for someone with deep pockets, but shipping to the lower 48 states is free...
Back