• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

VAX 4000-105a disk troubleshooting

Hello everybody it's been a while but I finally had the time and the opportunity to get back into a new vintage computing adventure. my brother recently gave me a vax 4000-105a that he recovered from his work seemingly put out of service in 2012. he saved it when they emptied a local. not...
  2. T

need some help on a 8088

hello everybody my neighbor who has a fruit packaging company,still uses an old 8088 to control its sorting machines. this old odrinateur just crached down, as he knows that I a vintage computer fan, he asked me to have a look: The issue of the 8088 is an disk boot failure (error code 1701)...
  3. T

?save a file with wordpro 3 plus on commodore pet?

Hi everybody I have a little issue with wordpro 3 plus from lotus. I'not able to save anything to floppy using shitft clear M (Memorize). i use a petdisk from where i can read/write from basic. when i run wordpro the prog askes for printer port and floppy port. from there i am in the prog...
  4. T

GRID 2260 Bios acces

hi everybody, I own a GRID 2260 convertible laptop. Time and date is wrong and hard drive detections seems also to fail. I dont know how to acces the bios of this machine. Can someone give me a hint of the right key combination. Or is there a specific bios programming file like on other grid...
  5. T

Need help to get My pet 4016 work !

Hi I try to get work my PET 4016, i recently replaced the video board Assembly but it still does not work. I was waiting to get an oscilloscope to make some diags! so here is what happen : there is no beep by start the computer, nothing on the screen ! i checked the voltages they seems to be...
  6. T

5IEM M1O1 motherboard manual or jumper settings needed

Hi everybody, I'm try to get work and old computer for a friend that do not want to change from it. The message on screen always says : Cmos battery check failed. there is no CMOS battery on this motherboard, only a chip called "odin OEC12C887" that does the clock work. I already replaced this...
  7. T

Commodore Pet 4016 Video board Assembly

Hi everybody ! I'm new here in this forum ! I try to get some help ! here is the problem : I was changing the video board Assembly of my pet 4016 ( the old one was completely destroyed and disconnected by the old owner). I was able to get one on ebay, and now i need to know how to connect it...
Back