• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Thoughts on VCF East so far

I was formerly a volunteer who assisted in the setup of the new museum space, things like painting, spackling, moving machines, setting up displays, etc so I got a small glimpse of what was involved. I have since moved to AZ from NJ. You may want to address any issues with transparency with the...
  2. J

Thoughts on VCF East so far

You have to understand that this is a primary fundraiser for VCF. This supports the maintenance of the computer museum and pays for the constant evolution of the space which has grown tremendously since it’s inception. Small things like painting the walls cost money which has to come from...
  3. J

VCF East this weekend! Who’s coming???

Coming from Tucson. AZ. It will be great to see the show!
  4. J

Trenton Computer Festival (Ewing Township, NJ)

TCF was the highlight of my year for a long time. I was a flea market vendor for 43 years. I bought & sold a lot of goodies during that time. It is a shame that the flea market which used to be acres has now been reduced to a small room. I am glad that the VCF swap meets are filling some of the...
  5. J

VCF SoCal is happening, February 17-18 2024 in Orange CA

It was an amazing show, even more so since this was a first time event. Bravo! to Steve, Micki and the rest of the staff & volunteers!
  6. J

Any interest in a SOL-20 keyboard replacement?

Hi all, I have built up one of Dave's keyboard replacement projects using Futaba keyswitches and the through hole ATMEGA328P board. The PCBs were earlier boards that Dave had offered for shipping cost due some layout/spacing issues. The boards built up nicely but required a small modification...
  7. J

Schematic needed for Dysan PAT-2+ floppy disk tester

Hi all, I am trying to repair a non-functional Dysan PAT-2+ tester/exerciser and a schematic would go a long way in helping me repair the device. The user manual is online on bitsavers but I have been unable to find a schematic yet. Please contact me if you have a lead on the schematic for...
  8. J

Building and Altair 8800 from Scratch in 2018

Altair 8800c build Altair 8800c build Hi all, I have just completed my build of my 8800c so I have some pics for anyone interested. Since the replica Altair CPU board I built has some issues that I need to investigate, I installed a spare Byt-8 MPU board in it's place. I had to make a...
  9. J

Vlasak Computer Systems 'Megastor' dual 8 inches floppy drive

Here are the pics of the controller & drives. The controller was purchased separately from the drives. I show the drive enclosure with the cover off because I figured the drives are more interesting than a plain beige cover. The left drive is a Siemans FDD=200 and the right drive is a Shugart...
Back