• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

The Datapoint 5500 thread..

As I have been loaned (thanks Jaak Bartok !) a Datapoint 5500, with the target of gettting it running again, I thought this might be a good spot to track progress. The 5500 is a follow-up of the 2200, and shares the same housing. Internally it differs quite a lot from the 2200 : while ALU is...
  2. J

A strange CDC160A

Saw a CDC160A for the first time yesterday. But what is it with that big rack of PCB's on the backside / on top ? Never seen this on one of the online pictures. That rack also contains a corememory. Isn't the real computer supposed to be in the lower right cabinet ? The lower left cabinet...
  3. J

Western Europe A Platov IV terminal for sale in Belgium...

Not my auction, but these things are rare enough to mention them here : https://www.2dehands.be/v/computers-en-software/vintage-computers/m1991240973-plato-iv-computer
  4. J

Western Europe Control Data Disk R/W heads

I have a set of 5 Control Dtata R/W heads. 1979 vintage. Clearly used, I have no idea of condition nor for which drive they are intended. Yours for 20 Euro + shipping ( worldwide)
  5. J

The Cii-Honeywell-Bull D120 Mididisk.

Just to document it a bit : here are some pictures of a Honeywell-Bull D120 Mididisk, also known as the Honeywell-Bull Cynthia drive. It uses neatly packaged 10Mb 10" cartridges, of of the first to use embedded servo-information. A user guide is on Bitsavers. Used in the Datapoint 9310/320 and...
  6. J

Western Europe Univac 9400 front panel : 500 Euro

I am offering up a Univac 9400 front panel. Dusty, not rusty, sadly cables have been cut off. Located in Switzerland, looking for 500 Euro, talk to me for shipping options if you are in the region.
  7. J

Western Europe Corvus Omninet PC Bus Transporter (3pcs)

I am offering up a set of three Corvus Omninet PC Bus transporter cards. All three are verified working by setting up a server / client on set of MSDOS PC's Also the cable for the network I have set up, but his is nothing more than a twisted pair with 100 Ohm resistors at each end. Omninet...
  8. J

Datapoint 2200 / Diablo diskinterface on Ebay...

A very rare item propped up on ebay : a Diablo disk controller for the Datapoint 2200 and friends. 3 separate auctions for the PCB¨s at 199 USD each is not cheap, but together they are an almost complete set. You will miss the powersupply PCB and the small rack the 4 cards go in. I have a spare...
  9. J

Western Europe Friden EC130 : 1000

An elderly collector whishes to sell a fully functional Friden EC130 This being the first transistorised calculator. The unit has some minor scratching on the sides, otherwise it is in very fine nick. He would like to receive 1000 Euro / CHF for it. Pickup in Switzerland preferred, but open to...
  10. J

The ICL 9500 POS combinator

Since we are talking retail terminals now : currently on my desk is an ICL 9500 point-of-sale terminal combinator. The Cogar / Singer / ICL 1501 type tapecartridges store the inputs from up to 16 point-of-sale terminals. These are opto-coupled into the system on 2 identical boards, 8 inputs...
  11. J

Western Europe Cromemco system 3 with C3101 terminal : asking 650 CHF

For Sale in Switzerland ( and around...) a Cromemco system 3 in working condition, i.e. boots into RDOS. Contains : ZPU, 4FDC, 65KZ and PRI S100 cards. Does NOT contain any floppy drives. for pics see https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/cromemco-system-3-s100-system-mit-c3101-terminal-1212538516/...
  12. J

VCF Zürich / Switzerland on 19 & 20 November 2022

..as always, in the "Rote Fabrik", near Lake Zürich. admission 7 CHF. See https://vintagecomputerfestival.ch We will have Smaky Computers ( working) and some Liliths from the ETH Museum ( probably display only) in addition to the regular exhibits. Prof. Gutknecht will be attending. Pre-corona...
  13. J

Please ID this Data General diskdrive...

This Data General disk drive came into my possession today : sadly it was changed into a showpiece by directly driving the disk and not much else. Probably toast by now.. I can recognize the serial IO typical of the micronova series, but not much else. If someone can ID this drive?
  14. J

S100 Harddisk controller for Diablo 30/40 14"drives...

...do they exist ? did anyone ever made such controllers ?
  15. J

Any Stride 640 / 660 / 680MP owners out there ?

I could do with a good picture of the mainboard and a dump of the BIOS eproms.... These are 68020 based systems with a 68851 MMU and SCSI support. ( I recently recovered the Unistride 2.2 unix install tape for these )
  16. J

Imaging RX01/02 disks on a Linux laptop.

Not possible ? Yes, it is, if you have an older laptop with a real printerport, a DSD440 drive and a bit of TTL circuitry between the printerport and the DSD440. While not yet ready for primetime, maybe someone may want to look if the following binary image makes sense ...
  17. J

Datapoint 2200 / 5500 Ram display logic board schematics drawn up.

Just as a backup : here is the schematic I have drawn up for the "high-speed" Display Logic Board, as uses in later variants of the Datapoint 2200, the 5500, and probably also the 6600. These have the programmable characterset as described in the 5500 manual and uses the "diddle-scan"...
  18. J

Seagate ST4096 repair..

Are there common & known issues with these drives ? Such as there are with RD53 's. Trying to recover an Unistride install .... Jos
  19. J

ETH Lilith DPU-board remake

I intend to remake the ETH Lilith DPU board. This was an optional board with a MC6802 subsystem that could take over a Lilith by overruling the bitslice microcode- and addressbus. This was used during development of the Lilith and later to maintain the systems. I intend to use it in bringing my...
  20. J

ETH Lilith and Ceres pictures from the ETH

The ETH has professionalized its previous ad-hoc collection of items from the informatik deparment ( home of Pasal / Modula / Oberon languages ) Find many high-res pics of prototypes of Lilith and Ceres machines and boards here : https://wil.e-pics.ethz.ch/index.jspx?category=1100 Most...
Back