• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. RobS

I'm not getting notifications

On visiting this site after several months absence I discovered that discussions had been going on in one of my own threads, which I obviously have on watch, without my receiving any email notifications. It made me look discourteous apart from anything else. I can't see any problem with my...
  2. RobS

Shakespeare quote of the day? ... Really?

Ah yes, that would be from his Comedy of Errors no doubt. (Well, this is a vintage computer forum, isn't it?)
  3. RobS

The picture in my post is invisible on site but visible in the editor

This post (post #179 in the thread) has a picture which isn't visible but the same picture is visible in a later post. Why?
  4. RobS

Data loss in old media

This is a picture of part of my workroom taken a while ago. The panels of electronics on the wall are the bench supply voltage regulators for the replica Honeywell 200 computer that I am attempting to build. They date from around 1970 and the H200 itself was first marketed around 1965. That...
  5. RobS

Connecting logic outputs in parallel

In my Honeywell 200 replica project I have a problem that might need my design to sail close to the wind. I am using original Honeywell logic ICs from the 1960s that are probably DTL and the maximum fanout of the outputs is ten standard inputs. However, my design often requires a signal to go to...
  6. RobS

Losing my inhibitions over core memory

Here’s a little problem for anyone who believes that they understand the architecture of magnetic core memories. I have encountered it while rebuilding the memory unit for a Honeywell 200, part of the project mentioned in this other thread Honeywell-200-resurrection I am basing the rebuild on...
  7. RobS

The twins paradox

Here's a photo of two capacitors that I removed from two identical eight inch diskette drive power supplies out of a couple of Honeywell Level 6 minicomputers. I was modifying the PSUs to use on my Honeywell 200 project and didn't need these components, but I noticed something about them. They...
  8. RobS

My first Pentium

This forum is a bit sparse so here's a contribution. My first PC had a Pentium in it. As I worked in IT and had an adequate Z80 machine of my own I wasn't in any hurry to use a PC at home but eventually bought myself one for my fiftieth birthday, which happened to be the 24th October 1994, a...
  9. RobS

Spirit Messages

I was just notified by automatic email that marcelvanherk had posted a message on the "Honeywell 200 Resurrection" thread in the Minis and Mainframes forum. The email even gives the text of his message but the message isn't in that thread and his profile says that he hasn't posted anything...
  10. RobS

Honeywell 200 resurrection

Hi there. This is my first posting - could be my last. The Honeywell 200 seems to be extinct; correct me if I'm wrong. I intend to try to provide a remedy, a replica built from original Honeywell parts from around 1969, more a pastiche though really as they're too modern. I have almost...
Back