• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

Olivetti M24 display

Hey folks, I want to get an Olivetti M24 but it does not come with a monitor. Now it seems that while the display is an enhanced CGA, the connector is not a normal CGA. Am I correct about that? Also, what are my options to display something from the Olivetti? What about installing a normal...
  2. V

Connecting Amiga to VGA monitor

I am sure I am neither the first nor the last to try to connect their Amiga to a modern-ish VGA monitor. I am trying to do this in 2 ways: 1) Using a 23pin DSUB to VGA cable connect directly to a LCD monitor. I have about 8 of them in my collected, tried about 3-4 and I get no image. I assume...
  3. V

Amiga 500 with a lot of upgrades

Hi all, Finally opened my Amiga 500 and I discovered it has 3 upgrades inside (see picture). The one on the right seems to be an upgrade to the CPU itself (14Mhz). The one on the bottom is memory upgrade (I think 1Mb, although it should be more). However what is the upgrade on the top? Seems to...
  4. V

Need help with Amiga 500

Hi folks, I am trying to restore and use an Amiga 500 which I had for a long time but for which only recently I've purchased a power supply. I also have a A590 HDD. I have a few questions. I have never owned or operated an Amiga before so I apologize if my questions are very basic. 0) I am...
  5. V

Programming graphics on a Power Macintosh

Hi folks, I am playing around with Codewarrior 10 on my Power Macintosh 7300 and all is good. However now I want to do some graphics programming and I am a bit stumped. I assume I need to use QuickDraw for some simple 2D graphics right? Or will the Carbon API allow me to do that too? I guess...
  6. V

TRS-80 CoCo 1 strange mod

Hi all, I have this CoCo 1 (32Kb version, low serial 6509) for a long time now but I noticed that it has this strange mod (I do not think this is original as other online pictures of CoCo motherboard do not have that cable, but I could be wrong). There are 2 wires: - one from TP1 connection...
  7. V

Screenshots in System 7.6.1

Hi all, I've tried to take screenshots with Cmd+Shift+3 or Cmd+Shift+4 using either default System 7 (7.6.1) capabilities or Capture program and it creates files like "Picture 1", "Picture 2", etc. I can open them (and they look fine) with SimpleText. But, what format are they really? I would...
  8. V

Executables for System 7

Hi all, So I've managed to restore a nice Performa 6115CD. It has System 7.6 installed on it. I want to get some software on it (for starters Netscape or IE). Now all I found was either hqx files (BinHex format) or .sit files (StuffIt). I do not have either of those installed. I can get for...
  9. V

Imaging Atari 1040ST floppy disks

Hi, I have a good number of Atari 1040ST disk (3.5" floppies) that I would like to image to have a backup. And at some point to re-image disks back in case originals break. So far I've tried WinImage from Windows and it reports "No disk in drive" even though the disk is read just fine by my...
  10. V

Unknown card

Hi all, I have this PCI card (which I got in a P2 system, but that is beside the point). Can anyone venture a guess as to what it is? It seems to be from 1994. It seems 8x8 is a VoIP company now, however this card is interesting from few points: - it has 2 DSP chips - it has an Altera Flex...
  11. V

Disk image for win95

Hi all, My tweneer system is a 486DX2/66Mhz with Win95 (OCR2) installed. I need a disk image software (that produces .img files) that can run on it. What I've tried: Winimage (went back to 8.1) - even though it says it will run on Win95 it does not, since Kernel32.DLL is missing...
  12. V

Website with card picture and jumper positions?

Ok, there is a website I knew that I cannot find the address anymore which has black and white picture/drawing of a LOT of cards ISA/EISA/PCI and motherboards with jumper location (and major chip location). What is that website? (it is not minuszerodegrees.net). I have some controller cards...
  13. V

Booting from MicroVAX using console

Hi all, Following advice from this forum I finally managed to connect to my MicroVAX 3800 model 80. MMJ connector 2 turns out was the console. I would like now to try to boot from one of the SCSI drives inside the box (or just check if they have something useful on them). This is what the "show...
  14. V

HP 712 and NextStep 3.3 for PA-RISC

Hi all, I recently got a very nice HP 712. It boots fine into NextStep 3.3. However I do not have the log in user or password. Is there a default user/password I can try? I doubt it, but I thought I would ask. In case there isn't I figure I will have to get the PA-RISC version of NextStep 3.3...
  15. V

IBM PCJr port 10h and 11h

I am looking at some disassembly for the IBM PCJr BIOS and I see it outputing to ports 10h and 11h. What is at that address in a PCJr? I do not see the IBM PC BIOS doing that. The BOCHS port list (http://bochs.sourceforge.net/techspec/PORTS.LST) does not have it, it only mentions the DMA...
  16. V

Connecting to a MicroVAX 3100 Model 80

Hi all, I have this nice MicroVAX 3100 Model 80 that powers on. I would like to connect to it somehow and see what it is doing. I opened it up and it has no less than 4 RZ25E HDDs! And a tape drive. This is a picture of the back of it. 1) I can recognize a BNC like connector, few SCSI...
  17. V

Model III display issue

Hi all, I have a TRS-80 Model III that was working fine until I had to move it across country and now, when I turn it on it shows me this. Where can I start investigating what is wrong? Regards, Vlad.
  18. V

Strange BIOS code

So I working on my emulator trying to get it working with the 5170 BIOS ( and I am stumped at this point): ;----- VERIFY SPEED/REFRESH CLOCK RATES ( ERROR = 1 LONG AND 1 SHORT BEEP ) XOR BL,BL ; CLEAR REFRESH CYCLE REPEAT COUNT XOR CX,CX ; INITIALIZE SPEED RATE REGISTER EVEN ; PLACE ON...
  19. V

IBM PC XT/AT keyboard controller ports question

Hi all, Looking at bochs port list here and watching what the BIOS for the IBM PC AT is doing I cannot see them matching, so I need a bit of help. This is a part of the BIOS where I think it is detecting the equipment list. This output is from execution of the 1982 IBM PC AT BIOS on my...
  20. V

HIMEM.SYS source

I've read that Microsoft has release the source for HIMEM.SYS for early versions however Google search showed up nothing (except a link to microsoft.com download that does not work anymore). Anyone has any idea where I can grab that from? Regards, Vlad.
Back