• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

Replacing Battery Cells on Powerbook 180

I recently obtained a Powerbook 180 that needs some work. It boots but has a damaged LCD (may have a replacement from a 145 that does not boot). Although the battery is bloated and corroded. I was able to open it up quite easily without breaking any plastic and to no surprise all 10 cells are...
  2. W

Powerbook 145B Display Repair

A few years ago I purchased two Powerbook 145B laptops in working order, except for the hinges. Both hinges on each laptop have seized up and are very stiff. So far I have tried lubricating them with faucet grease to no avail and every other guide online says to replace the hinge which I'd...
  3. W

Backing Up A NeXTstation

I recently obtained a complete NeXTstation in fully working order and want to back up the 2GB hard disk. I've never handled NeXTStep before and this is going to be a new realm of experience as I'm not too familiar with UNIX-like operating systems. Transferring the data off on a 2.8MB floppy disk...
  4. W

Finally Got A 386 Back Up And Running

Last year a family friend was clearing out his basement and gave me a DFI 386/33 workstation with a 1.2GB Micropolis hard drive, magnetic tape drive, one 5.25 floppy drive and a 3.5 floppy drive. After fixing it up I swapped out the original hard drive for another smaller working drive with...
  5. W

Troubleshooting An Obscure IBM PC/AT Clone

Now that I have found some time to myself I decided to work on my clones this past week and have found some success in getting them operational again, but I now have come to a snag in the road that I have been trying to work against for a good hour. So now I ask the community for their input...
  6. W

Selling cards, chips and processors.

I'll be slowly selling off what computers and components I have so I will start small with chips I will probably not make a use of. x1 AMD DX-40 Pulled from a working system that was trashed. $5.00 x8 TI TMS4164-15NL 64K chips that could be used on the IBM PC/XT and Tandy personal computers...
  7. W

Cleaning House

Getting around to cleaning house and I've decided to part with these items as I do not use them anymore. I'm more intrested in clearing up space than the money they're worth so all items will only cost shipping unless specified. I will add on more items as I get around to my heap of...
  8. W

Replacement for SCSI HDD

Now that I'm trying to free up some time, I want to clean up my list of things to do in my collection. Starting with my Apple Centris 610. I bought it without a hard disk but SCSI drives are very hard to come by and I would like to get this machine up and running. Is there anything I can do...
  9. W

What are your current projects?

-Currently trying to repair a Macintosh Centris 610 -Finding parts for a PC EDGE 286
  10. W

Rarest 68k Apple Computer?

What would be the rarest 68k Macintosh aside from the Macintosh XL? As every computer has sold since the Lisa has been a derivative of the Macintosh, what would be the rarest of the 68k family? Just a curious question since I thought it was the Centris providing it was a short lived line of...
  11. W

Hello from Kansas!

At the age of sixteen, I feel younger than I really am as a good portion of the population here can remember the release of the IBM-PC or original Macintosh 128k. Some of which even are familiar with the Altair 8800! I keep a fairly small collection of computers to preserve the history behind...
  12. W

Selling/Trading DOS-Compatible and IBM PCs.

I don't have a use for these items as they are duplicates to my collection but can be worth a lot in another collection. So far all I have up for grabs are two IBM 300PL models that are in good condition aside from a missing hard disk. I'm not interested in money, I just want someone to put...
Back