• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. chjmartin2

Gif Viewer for 8088?

Attached is a GL file that I made today. It is some dancing skelton cartoon from a long time ago. I grabbed off of youtube, picked 16 frames that looped well, converted them to 640x200x2 colors, saved as PCX 1-bit files, used Graphics Workshop to convert to .PIC files. Extracted the GL TXT...
  2. chjmartin2

Gif Viewer for 8088?

Graphics Workshop for DOS can convert to .PIC files. You can grab it from archive.org.
  3. chjmartin2

Gif Viewer for 8088?

Hi, I had been meaning to post this. For some reason these files aren't easy to search for anymore via search engines. It could be that there are less and less sites that specifically host this kind of DOS content. Anyway, here is a file that will let you view and create your own .GL files...
  4. chjmartin2

AST Sixpack 286

Hi, Anybody know anything about this board? Can the memory start anywhere for the 286? Meaning, if you had a 286 that support 3 meg of RAM could you use this to get extended RAM up to 7 meg? I know it trivially supports EMS but what about XMS? Chris
  5. chjmartin2

Gif Viewer for 8088?

Hi, What are you trying to do? How many images? What color depth? GRASP .GL files can display images in a loop easily. If it is a compaq portable can we assume 640x200x2 color images? Thanks, Chris
  6. chjmartin2

TRS-80 Model 4 Character Map

Some screenshots (double height) for posterity. Left is the original Model 4 and right is the International version. It has both the japanese characters and the dingbats.
  7. chjmartin2

Now I get it. They still hold a position in the character set but are not actually in the ROM itself. I think I can build the bitmap file of the character set I am looking for.
  8. chjmartin2

Clearly I do not understand the TRS-80 Model 4 character map. I had assumed there would be a series of characters that represent the "graphics" mode available on the system. I figured it worked the same as a TRS-80 COCO. I got Larry's excel file but do not see any of the graphics characters...
  9. chjmartin2

Hi, Does anybody have a BITMAP of the TRS-80 Model 4 Character Map? It would help me a lot if you could share it. Thanks, Chris
  10. chjmartin2

Inboard 386/PC 2mb expansion CLONE

There are LOTS of them. You don't need 8 bit ones. There is a thread here: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/8bit-friendly-isa-vga-cards.26866/ Honestly if you have a 16 bit, just try it - you may be surprised.
  11. chjmartin2

Vendex Headstart VGA M-888-VC

Sadly I recapped the entire powerboard and I have the same issue. I tested the switch and it doesn’t seem to be that as it goes back on and off seemingly randomly. There are some additional caps on the main board. Cycling the power switch doesn’t seem to matter at all and hitting the side...
  12. chjmartin2

Best Sound Card Clone for 286

Hi, I have a 286 that I want to put back on the shelf ready-to-go but don't want to use any of my premium 16 bit ISA sound cards. What would be the best clone that is readily available and somewhat inexpensive? Random thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Chris
  13. chjmartin2

I wonder which one is bad. Doh!
  14. chjmartin2

8bit Friendly ISA VGA cards

That is fast...
  15. chjmartin2

Headstart Technologies 9990-VMEM

I know many years later, but this is a memory card from a Vendex Headstart III (I don't know if used elsewhere.) The main board is a 286 with 1 meg and is installed in an ISA slot to allow another 2 meg to be installed. I do not know if it can work in any other system or not.
  16. chjmartin2

Hi, I don’t know specific forum for a monitor but this one goes with a 286 so seemed ok. Anyway, the monitor seems to work great but it keeps shutting off on me, and if I wait a minute and turn it back on it seems to go back on. Anyway, got any ideas on how to fix? Could it be as simple as...
  17. chjmartin2

Help! My Intel Inboard 386/PC is dead!

I am happy to hear Mike that your original board wasn't, in fact, dead because that means there remains a working one out in the world. I swapped my crystal and have used numerous other CPU configurations and it is still working. An inboard doesn't have a real purpose unless you just want your...
  18. chjmartin2

running 5x86 cpu in IBM 5150 with Inboard/386

Can somebody tell me how you get doom fps results?
  19. chjmartin2

running 5x86 cpu in IBM 5150 with Inboard/386

Finally. Finally. I think the highest Top Bench I have seen for an Inboard 386 in an XT was 95, but I could be mistaken and please correct me. So the above is what I achieved tonight, I will figure out how to fit the 4mb board in it tomorrow. Obviously I can't, run this inside the case as...
Back