• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Wanted: Macintosh SE ethernet card

I'm looking for an ethernet card to complete my Mac SE. Any brand/model is okay. 10bT or AUI okay. As long as drivers exist for it.
  2. A

Saved from Trash! Macintosh Portable from 1989!

I found a SCSI to CF board that I thought might work out in the portable (or in my SE without even having to make a cable.) It's called an AztecMonster and is supposed to be able to boot a Mac with SCSI-1 from a CF card. Has anyone used on of these? Here's a picture I stole from eBay:
  3. A

Saved from Trash! Macintosh Portable from 1989!

I was helping a friend's parents fix their Windows Vista computer (yuck) and they mentioned something about having a bunch of old computers in the basement. They asked if I wanted any of it. Most of what I found was old Windows 98 type stuff, but in a corner was this nice black bag with an Apple...
  4. A

Post your horror stories

FedEx wanted me to surrender the Apple IIe and monitor I bought from eBay. Well, the thing is, the color Apple monitor is worth more than the price I paid, and it was undamaged and pretty hard to come by. So I decided to eat the loss. I haven't had any luck finding an empty case for the...
  5. A

iMac G3 Blueberry 333Mhz 256MB RAM 6GB HD

I'm selling my iMac G3 on eBay. I don't really think this is a vintage item just yet, but I thought someone here may be interested. It's a Blueberry tray-load G3. Pretty stock, but it has 256 RAM instead of the 32 or 64 these shipped with. http://www.ebay.com/itm/111001283796
  6. A

Weird Apple IIgs with Multiple ROM Chips?

Does anyone know why a IIgs would have a daughtercard in the ROM socket with 4 EPROM chips on it? This is on what I believe is a prototype IIgs motherboard.
  7. A

FS/Trade: Apple Super Serial Card II units for $20 plus shipping

I have several Apple Super Serial Card II's available. Each has been tested in an Apple //e with ADT Pro. Includes original cable with DB-25 connector. Asking $20 each plus shipping from Louisville, KY. I'm also open to trades for other vintage Apple/Mac stuff.
  8. A

No Slot Clock for Apple II

I have a brand new No Slot Clock for the Apple IIe and IIc. Includes utilities on 5.25" floppy. This might also work on some other computers. Make me an offer.
  9. A

Wanted: Apple IIe Platinum plastic case (top half)

I'm looking to buy just the plastic case for an Apple //e Platinum. I already have the lower metal part and the keyboard. Just need the plastics. Anyone have one or know where I can buy one? (Why do I need this? See this thread.)
  10. A

FedEx destroys my Apple //e :-(

I wanted to add another machine to my collection, and I found this pretty nice looking Apple //e for sale. The guy shipped it to me in a box that got smashed by FedEx. I was my first platinum //e. It has a new looking keyboard. And everything works, now that I put in a new power supply. But...
  11. A

Apple IIe Motherboard Help

Here's the first problem I want to fix, which is the busted AUX connector. Since everything else on the board works, just this one thing needs to be done: I have read up on soldering and desoldering. It doesn't seem like it will be too hard with the right tools. It's simply a matter of...
  12. A

Apple IIe Motherboard Help

I am now the proud owner of 6 additional Apple IIe motherboards. I got these for super cheap because they all had problems. I think I have figured out what is wrong with most of them, but I need some advice. Two of them fail the self test (open-apple/closed-apple/control-reset) with a memory...
  13. A

Rust Removal Questions for Apple IIgs

I have recently received an Apple IIgs. It is a working ROM 0 system, but it has some slight rust on top of the power supply and on some of the other bare metal parts inside the case. Thankfully there does not seem to be any rust on the MLB. I'd like to clean it up, but I'm wondering if anyone...
  14. A

Hello!

Hi. I've been spending a lot of time the last few months playing with a bunch of old Apple II stuff, and my Google searches kept ending up at this forum, so I thought I would join. I have been a "home computer" user since the late 70's. I owned TRS-80, Atari, and Ti computers, but my favorite...
  15. A

Using an LCD monitor on a IIGS

Hi, I'm new here, but I found this thread while I was researching monitors for my newly-acquired IIgs. I got a Sony 8" production monitor off eBay for $20 that had BNC RGB inputs on it. Using a DB15 to VGA adapter (taken from an Apple 15" Studio Display), a VGA to component cable (from an old...
Back