• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Turn Off AT PSU without unplugging

I have to pull the plug on my 486 every once in a while and hit the power button before plugging it back in for it to boot
  2. S

Turn Off AT PSU without unplugging

Hoping someone has a simple idea for me My computers are in a fairly tight space and all wired up nicely. There are times however that I need to completely power off a computer (either by unplugging PSU or flipping the power switch on a PSU that has on). Issue is that I have to move things...
  3. S

Windows 1 / 2

Is it possible to install different versions of Windows 1 and Windows 2 on the same computer, just in different folders for each install? Wanted to try this out but not sure if its even possible
  4. S

DOS 6 22 - D / E / etc Drive space errora

I have tried to install various software on my DOS 6.22 486. Software installs fine on C: with no issues but when I copy installers to my D or E drives I keep getting not enough space errors, even though the Drives have plenty of free space to install the software. Any ideas what could be...
  5. S

Fountain Tech FTN386-25 Motherboard Assistance

Have a Fountain Tech FTN386-25 Motherboard I am trying to find some information or manual on. Just trying to see what the board has, what the jumpers are / memory sizes / etc. It has two BIOS chips on it, one for LOW and one for HIGH. Also, I dont see any cache on the board or anywhere to...
  6. S

Shipping Keyboards - Boxes

Hey all, Wanted to know some suggestions / opinions on where to get and what kind of boxes are good for safe / secure shipping of heavier / mechanical keyboards? Not sure if there is something well known for boxes or if something can be made from other boxes / etc? Thanks for the assistance.
  7. S

Remove Solder from fragile part

Looking for recommendations on removing little bits of solder from some SOJ-40 memory chips so I can install them in a couple video cards. What is best way to get the solder off without hurting the little legs on the chips?
  8. S

Repair a Video Card with Color Issues

Anyone ever successfully fix an old ISA / PCI Graphics Card that displays video but in wrong colors. For example, POST is purple instead of white, etc... I know you can heat them up with a heat gun, but that doesnt usually hold for a fix. Anyone ever fixed one without a huge expense? If so...
  9. S

WANTED - Memory Add-On Board for Matrox Millenium

Looking for the Memory Add On Board for a Matrox Millenium or Millenium 2 PCI Graphics Card.... Want to set it up with a Voodoo1 for a Window 95 1997 build. Thanks!
  10. S

WTB - Mac Performa 578 / LC 575 Rear Panel

Looking for a rear plastic panel for my Performa 578.
  11. S

Packard Bell AT / XT Keyboard Assistance

I have a Packard Bell GJJ4AK M-8700 DIN-5 XT - AT Keyboard that looks to be missing a plastic circular switcher to choose between AT and XT mode. The hole where the switcher goes is open and I can see a part of the board at the bottom. What would I need to do to replace whatever was in there...
  12. S

8X/ Slower CD-ROMS - Issues with Burned CDs?

I read a couple places that older 8X and slower CD-ROM drives have issues reading burned CDs. Is that true? Or is it dependant on how fast / what speed you burn the disc at?
  13. S

Wanted - 16-Bit ISA Memory Expansion

Anyone know where I could find a 4 MB ISA Memory Expansion Card? I want to give the 286 I am putting together some more memory and the board only has 1 MB.....
  14. S

DOS 5,0 vs DOS 6.22

When I was a kid, by the time I started using PCs (was using Apple's previously in mid 80s, early 90s) DOS 6 and 6.22 were out and installed so its really the only version of DOS I have worked with. I am setting up a 386 PC and was going to install DOS 5.0 on it and I wanted to ask what are...
  15. S

Motherboard Power Connector Testing Question

On a motherboard connector, what is the best way to test the PS_ON pin for any shorts? I know testing the 5V and 12V pins against ground for continuity can confirm shorts on those, but what about the PS_ON pin?
  16. S

Wanted - VIC-20 Motherboard

Looking for a Commodore VIC-20 Motherboard.....
  17. S

40 Pin IDE / 39-Pin + 1 Empty - Same?

Just want to verify that the 40 Pin IDE connectors and the 39-Pin (with 1 empty pin slot) work the same.... I am going to build another Compact Flash ISA Adapter and the IDE Connector I have right now is a 39 + 1......
  18. S

Tandy 1000TL - Second 3.5

What is the trick to installing a second 3.5" floppy drive in the 1000TL? The bracket that is between the left and right drive is for both drives, so if you screw one in on the right, you cant screw the left one in as the right one is in the way of accessing the screw holes.....am I missing...
  19. S

Deskmate Install

Quick Question about Deskmate as I havent even really played with it / set it up. Does the version of DOS matter if installing Deskmate? If I have DOS 5 installed, can I only install certain versions? Finally, I see that 3.01 was for the Tandy 1000TL / TL2. Does that mean I could install up...
  20. S

Tandy 1000SL or TL?

IF you were going to install a CF Card with Lo-Tek BIOS, then install DOS and Deskmate to the drive, would you setup a 1000SL or TL for this? Looking for opinions as I am trying to decide which to use.....
Back